Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    There are currently pending applications that go back to early May.
    Ok buddy! No rush at all was just curious on what the situation was behind the scenes.

Hope to hear from you guys soon (When you are ready ofc!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck to everyone who applies.

Really, the primary downside of being a mod is that you're sort of obligated to clear out your ignore list. So if you're a big user of the ignore function, think twice
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I wish I knew what you wrote, but you are on my ignore list.

EDIT: Maybe I shouldn't even joke about that stuff. I'm probably killing fairies just typing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's the average turnover time on pending applications? I'm not sure if a month is normal or not >.>
    Took mine two months but I think I didn't apply during a mod recruitment wave.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are currently pending applications that go back to early May.
    Wow, bad chaud

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    But you are super. That means you are at least 20 times more efficient.
    Dars isn't super, he's a cheater. Truefact.

Anyway, good luck guys!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Dars isn't super, he's a cheater. Truefact.
    His penguin is doing all the infracting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Good luck to everyone who applies.

Really, the primary downside of being a mod is that you're sort of obligated to clear out your ignore list. So if you're a big user of the ignore function, think twice
    /ignore MoanaLisa.

Honestly, I would apply but I already know with my past history and all my other applications being declined, this one would also be declined.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Honestly, I would apply but I already know with my past history and all my other applications being declined, this one would also be declined.
    I can't speak to you specifically but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. If users show obvious improvement in the areas they were denied for -- whether gaps in activity or because they lost their cool a few times -- they will totally be considered. Plenty of mods were rejected first before being accepted, and plenty of mods have had past infractions. What matters is presently and going forward. If it is something one is really interested in doing, just show initiative in improving your weaknesses and display model behaviour to demonstrate to the admins your sincerity and effort. It might not guarantee anyone an accepted application, but it will sure help.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    /ignore MoanaLisa.
    What? Did someone say something?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Good luck to the people who are successful in applying. I have been interested in applying in the past, and although I visit mmo-champ on a daily basis, (and have since well before my join date), I just don't post anywhere near enough.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not eligible or anything nor do I want to be one, but I'm curious, would a moderator be expected to visit other forums on MMO-Champion?

I know you have dedicated moderators for every specific forum, but I've seen other forums (not MMO-Champion) which require their moderators to post in various forums so that they're known. It seems weird but I've seen multiple sites do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'm not eligible or anything nor do I want to be one, but I'm curious, would a moderator be expected to visit other forums on MMO-Champion?

I know you have dedicated moderators for every specific forum, but I've seen other forums (not MMO-Champion) which require their moderators to post in various forums so that they're known. It seems weird but I've seen multiple sites do that.
    You have to be active in the forum you mod -- which is why there is the steep posting requirement to even apply -- but you don't need to be active in other places. The important part is that your forum knows who you are and sees you have an active presence there.

There are some subforums I have zero posts in!

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    There are some subforums I have zero posts in!
    Some Super Mod you are! :P

Well, I'd like to apply to Video Game mod, but apparently I don't qualify. ...but I qualify for Sports & Fitness...?!? I post there like twice a week. I don't get that.

Also, is there any chance that we could get some feedback on our rejection? I got rejected last time, and I don't know why. It'd be great to get some feedback, even if it's just a little note such as "Needs more posting", or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some forums have higher post count requirements than others.

Deleted
    Yup

Important
    • One of the "base" requirements to be eligible to moderate a forum is to have 100 posts in the past 90 days in that forum. A little over 1 post/day for a moderator doesn't seem excessive, and is required to have credible moderators. Bigger forums might require more posts (150 to 300)

Well, poop. I still don't understand how I'm able to apply at Sports, though. I have 194 TOTAL posts there, and I can apply. Meanwhile, 963 at Video Games, and I can't. Seems logical. Oh well. *pouts in corner*
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2013-07-18 at 01:02 AM.

I had a question concerning the application. I'm interested in applying for moderating the Chat Zone, but when I apply it says I don't meet the requirements. Is that because my posts in Chat Zone don't actually count towards my post count even though I do technically meet the requirements since I have 648 posts in Chat Zone? Or is it saying I don't meet the requirements for another reason I'm not aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I had a question concerning the application. I'm interested in applying for moderating the Chat Zone, but when I apply it says I don't meet the requirements. Is that because my posts in Chat Zone don't actually count towards my post count even though I do technically meet the requirements since I have 648 posts in Chat Zone? Or is it saying I don't meet the requirements for another reason I'm not aware of?
    Chat zone requires 300 posts in the last 90 days.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Well, poop. I still don't understand how I'm able to apply at Sports, though. I have 194 TOTAL posts there, and I can apply. Meanwhile, 963 at Video Games, and I can't. Seems logical. Oh well. *pouts in corner*
    It counts posts in the last 90 days, not overall posts.

Chat zone requires 300 posts in the last 90 days.
    Gotcha. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you a little reluctant to apply, to me being a mod just feels like another sub-community within the site. Spend time on IRC, and just hang out. Yeah, you do mod things, but you also get a lot of friends, and people that will help you out. And it's not like you're gonna be alone, there's always another mod or many for whatever forum you moderate (except class mods, I weep for you).