Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orc priest/paladin, and undead druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shells View Post
    Orc priest/paladin, and undead druid.
    Orc paladin could work. After all they used to worship a dying naaru back on there home world. Alot have also joined the argent dawn.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Panda druid

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Tauren Rogue. Oh wait, that's based on size, not lore.
    Not like im really advocating Tauren Rogues but aren't Pandaren comparable in weight/size? They're slightly shorter but larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Not like im really advocating Tauren Rogues but aren't Pandaren comparable in weight/size? They're slightly shorter but larger.
    They also have padded feet and are shown as being quite agile.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Because lore wise they aren't priests. They are medics.

Classes are just to make balance and stuff easy. In game they are many things, eg lore wise. Human/dwarf = Knights of the silver hand, Blood elves = Blood Knights, Cow men = Sunwalkers and Space goat = Vindicators. But game play wise they are all just called paladins.
    gnome priests are medics. goablin priests are priests. you see goblin priests in azshara saying stuff like "light is money, friend". you give them money, they give your spiritual advice, healing and what-not.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game has been out long enough now that I think they should open all race/class combinations. I mean they haven't exactly stuck to all the lore throughout the game so I don't see what the big deal is. Plus blizz would make ton of money from all the rogues changing to taurens
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore if flexible, so none.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    none. lore evolves over time.
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The Sha are remnants of the Old Gods, warlocks use Fel and Demon magics from the Nether - two different things.
    Warlocks are currently using Twilight magic which is directly related to the Old Gods. In addition to that, unleash the Sha is not something that does not sound Warlockish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    none. lore evolves over time.
    Exactly. Just a question of the quality of writing support for it.

Some of them are easier than others. I mean, it's easier to come up with a way to make combinations that already exist as NPCs and make them playable than it is to introduce novel combinations. For instance, Blizzard needed this whole little quest just to give us some exposition for Holy Cows back during Wrath, but they didn't need to "introduce" night elf mages so much as rationalize why they are associating with the night elves in Darnassus.

I don't think there's any combination that just flat out can't work. The hardest sells, IMO, are Dranei and/or Night Elf Warlocks. Just so much baggage there, it goes to the most defining events in both societies' histories.

Pretty much anything is possible, if blizz says so. I mean, NE mages were outlawed until blizz retconned that lore, sooo yeah.. forsaken paladins could happen, since you already have forsaken priests, where they can use the magic, it just secretly hurts them or something. Worgen DKs don't make a whole lot of sense, considering worgen are immune to undeath. goblin shamans destroy nature, but made contracts with the elements, so that killed shamans having to be one with nature, pandaren warriors fight with anger, an emotion they were to avoid at all costs. I'm sure there are more I just can't really think of at the moment, but.. meh

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Warlocks are currently using Twilight magic which is directly related to the Old Gods. In addition to that, unleash the Sha is not something that does not sound Warlockish to me.
    No, they're not. Warlocks use magic that is demonic in origin, or tainted by demonic magics. Hell, even the Destruction mana regeneration passive states that "you pull energy directly from the Twisting Nether, increasing your mana regen by 600%"

Warlocks never have, and likely never will, use Twilight/Old God magic. You can't be a warlock if you don't use demonic magic - that's the entire base of the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies if this was mentioned before , but we actually do have an "undead paladin" Sir Zeliek from Naxx , he is undead but the light still responds to him or something like that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Meh, after Blizz added Taurendins and NE mages with some excuse, i'm pretty convinced that Blizz just plonk whatever they want into the game, lore and/or logic be damned, and since i think that playing the character you really want pwns the overcomplicated cluster*beep* that is Warcraft lore, i'm fine with that, just open up all race/class combos already :P
    Tauren paladins does make sense though, based on lore that was already there. They're just praying to the sun instead of the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    People say Forsaken Paladins won't happen due to lore because Paladins were immune to the plague.

But that presumed that the Paladin could not die to other means, like being swarmed by undead, for one. And Sylvanus is currently raising new Forsaken with the aid of the Valkyr, not by tossing a plague bomb and letting the victim turn.
    That would be sweet if Sylv got Uther or Lothar razed and forced them to teach the light to undead. That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Warlocks never have, and likely never will, use Twilight/Old God magic. You can't be a warlock if you don't use demonic magic - that's the entire base of the class.
    I'm pretty sure you haven't paid attention to the newest skills and the Legacy of the Masters book explaining exactly what I am talking about. Malefic Grasp binds the target in twilight, twilight ward absorbs shadow and HOLY damage, along with lore mentioning that they hacked onto twilight cultists. Cannot see why most people refer to Warlocks as being 100% demonic as a class. Even destro is based around the Firelands according to the book and becomes fel colored only when you get the Codex questline.

To provide a direct answer, Warlocks may get in touch with Sha powers, but Twilight spells are already part of their arsenal. Both lorewise and tooltips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, the humans (and they still are humans, despite the worgen curse) from Gilneas used a varient of Druidism. That is why there are Worgen Druids.

As to the entire post:

Draenei Warlock
    Forsaken *Holy* Priest (Lore, not game mechanics)
    Forsaken Paladin

I think that is it, tbh. Anyone can do just about anything, though not usually in enough numbers to be considered a viable class in game.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Tauren paladins does make sense though, based on lore that was already there. They're just praying to the sun instead of the moon.
    You're thinking Druids. Paladins don't worship the moon.