Poll: Who is the most powerful character in the World of Warcraft universe?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowwind View Post
    It was his avatar and not once did i say it wasn't. My points are still valid.
    Aegwynn fought his avatar, and defeated it in one shot, as Sargeras wanted.

Medivh had to tangle with Sargeras' presence in his mind, and kind of held out against him.

He did not fight Sargeras one-on-one. Sargeras would have destroyed him easily.

If you want an example, try Bolvar and the Lich King... the Lich King tormented him for quite a while, trying to get Bolvar to abandon the light... but Bolvar did not, and held out against the Lich King's torture. However, I'm pretty sure the Lich King would own Bolvar in one-on-one combat without too much trouble.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-17 at 11:17 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

That example is useless - Bolvar is nothing. of course the LK would kill him - there is no contest - Bolvar is a no-one.

Yes, Aegwynn was TRICKED by Sargeras - that doesn't take away any of her power or ability to actually defeat him. Tricks are easy preformed by lesser powerful people to defeat more powerful enemy's. Saying that Sargeras would defeat him or Aegwynn in her day - is pure speculation at best.

Broxigar has cut sargeras and he was no-on either a pure mortal orc. yet you say that theirs no contest between sargeras and one of our most powerful beings in azeroth
    Last edited by Barrowwind; 2013-07-17 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That example is useless - Bolvar is nothing. of course the LK would kill him - there is no contest - Bolvar is a no-one.

Yes, Aegwynn was TRICKED by Sargeras - that doesn't take away any of her power or ability to actually defeat him. Tricks are easy preformed by lesser powerful people to defeat more powerful enemy's. Saying that Sargeras would defeat him or Aegwynn in her day - is pure speculation at best.

I think you fundamentally don't understand, or at least massively underestimate, Sargeras' power.

He's a TITAN. He's of a race that shapes worlds on a whim. He demonically empowers entire races like it was nothing. His mere presence on a planet burns the ground for miles around him to a crisp. He could crush the Dragon Aspects with ease; Archimonde and Mannoroth were said to be "but fleas" to him.

Aegwynn and Medivh, for all their spiffy Wizard powers, are nothing compared to Sargeras.

You know what it took to defeat Sargeras? The well of Eternity blowing up on him. That's right, it took a force that split the entirety of Azeroth into four massive chunks to defeat Sargeras, and that didn't even kill him. He STILL had the power to apparate to Aegwynn, and STILL had the power to mentally battle with Medivh while Sargeras was nothing more than a very angry spirit floating through the twisting Nether, after the better part of a planet had exploded on him.

Compare that to Medivh. He got tired after fighting off a blue dragon. You know how Medivh was defeated the first time? Some mortals just cut his damn head off.

I stick by my previous sentiment; in all likelyhood, the only entities able to kill Sargeras are the members of the Pantheon.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-18 at 12:08 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Not to say that lore couldn't be retrofitted to the circumstances, but the concept of Sargeras just seems way more powerful than any previous "bad guy." Medivh is a powerful lore character as well, but I've seen him. I haven't seen sargeras in WoW as an npc yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    Not to say that lore couldn't be retrofitted to the circumstances, but the concept of Sargeras just seems way more powerful than any previous "bad guy." Medivh is a powerful lore character as well, but I've seen him. I haven't seen sargeras in WoW as an npc yet.
    Sargeras isn't "a" bad guy, he's pretty much THE bad guy in WoW, along with the collected Old Gods. Every single bad thing in WoW can ultimately be tied to them, save for a very few things.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    N'Zoth is a good shout could give Sargeras a run for his money. but still I'm backing Sargeras.

Sargeras was in control of Medivh. I think hed win.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

I don't even think it would be close. Medivh would be destroyed.

were is the Crithto option? that little bugger hits like a boss on truck steroids having a bad day and rolled into that cute little pug! as no option like the one I have described is available I will go with Sargeras =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    N'Zoth is a good shout could give Sargeras a run for his money. but still I'm backing Sargeras.
    The titans beat down the old gods fairly handedly before (AND all their faceless/aqir/elemental armies)... one on one, my money would be on a titan... especially one as powerful as Sargeras.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's right, it took a force that split the entirety of Azeroth into four massive chunks to defeat Sargeras, and that didn't even kill him. He STILL had the power to apparate to Aegwynn, and STILL had the power to mentally battle with Medivh while Sargeras was nothing more than a very angry spirit floating through the twisting Nether, after the better part of a planet had exploded on him.
    Sargeras was just fine after the Well exploded. He only got booted into the Nether after Medivh was "killed", before that he was inside Aegwynn/Medivh.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Sargeras was just fine after the Well exploded. He only got booted into the Nether after Medivh was "killed", before that he was inside Aegwynn/Medivh.
    They said after the well exploded that Sargeras "ceased to be" in any physical form. He's a giant pocket of angry floating around in the twisting nether now.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Broxigar has cut sargeras and he was no-on either a pure mortal orc. yet you say that theirs no contest between sargeras and one of our most powerful beings in azeroth
    yeah it was the equivalent of a paper cut. are you saying paper could defeat me on a one on one fight because paper cut me once?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    The possession sure helped, though. He was very ambitious on his goals and powerhungry.
    he's hardly power-hungry =P

considering he hates his mother for giving him power he didn't ask for, just because she wanted to spite the council of tirisfal for trying to control her
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They said after the well exploded that Sargeras "ceased to be" in any physical form. He's a giant pocket of angry floating around in the twisting nether now.
    Must be from the paper books then, the in-game books don't mention it.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    in the book it states that it wasnt the cut that stalled Sargeras, if was the fact that a mortal had managed to even scratch him

also the axe which wounded him was created by the most powerful druid on azeroth and was also blessed by Cenarius
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    She didn't even 1v1 the Avatar. She had help from dragons.

Not so much a reflextion of Broxigar, but the weapon he was wielding. He had an axe crafted by Malfurion and Cenarius and was stronger than any mortal-forged axe. The cut was a "tiny, insignificant wound" (The Sundering).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    in the book it states that it wasnt the cut that stalled Sargeras, if was the fact that a mortal had managed to even scratch him

also the axe which wounded him was created by the most powerful druid on azeroth and was also blessed by Cenarius
    Actually, the distraction came from Krasus focusing his magic on the scratch.