Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Please elaborate on how Blizzard is starting to "rival EA with DLC"?
    Is it because they offer cosmetic items on a store seperated from their game itself?
    Perhaps it is because they expect you to pay them for their games altogether?
    Yes, it is because I expect to play their content for free. That is what disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by dreed View Post
    Yes, it is because I expect to play their content for free. That is what disgusts me.
    That's what private servers are for, but we're not allowed to talk about that in here.

Deleted
    Your gross sense of entitlement disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Err yeah it does. Thanks to ElyPop I can see the details, its stretching badly (they didnt compensate for lack of quality when stretching), plus it doesnt even cover the entire face. I would be embarrassed to publish that for £10 a piece. The crown bit itself is fine.
    None of the projections cover the entire face. Plus, most of the sides are masked with particle effects which I disabled for that screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    Your gross sense of entitlement disgusts me.
    lol, I guess I should have ended that with /s. Thought it was obvious enough.

Lol, you'd think for $15 they would make sure they looked right on every race.

I'd ask for a refund.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Oh heck it looks absolutely awful with shadowform, I had hoped it might go shadowy like well.. shadowform.. not the case;/

EDIT: screenie
    Sad you didn't like it. I think it looks really cool with the glowing eyes. Although I suppose that it's not that good when seen from the rear (the usual playing angle). Making it shadowy would leave your draenei looking like she's got extra horns. :P

How does it interact with that glyph that changes your shadowform? Have you tested that?
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    lol, I guess I should have ended that with /s. Thought it was obvious enough.
    It might have been, except the only 2 previous posts you had ever made were digs at Blizz and comparing them to EA.

But I thought that was obvious enough. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    That is pretty much what a Pandaren's skull would look like under all of that fur and stuff.
    I'd buy it if the skull effect wasn't there. The crown itself looks really, really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    How can you not see the difference between items with stats and items without stats o.O One clearly affects your gameplay while the other doesn't in any way.
    I'm not sure why I don't. It could be because I've spent hours to months farming vanity items in WoW. I don't really see them as entirely different aspects of the game and consider both aesthetics and character progression as gameplay. How you character looks is as a part of the game as how much your character's healing wave hits for.

$15 is way too much for me. That's 1 month of sub for a freaking transmog helm.

If blizz lowered the price to around $5(they won't), then I think a lot more people would buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I'd buy it if the skull effect wasn't there. The crown itself looks really, really nice.
    It's the other way around for me, I like the effect but the crown looks kind of off to me.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $15 is way too much for me. That's 1 month of sub for a freaking transmog helm.
    If blizz lowered the price to around $5(they won't), then I think a lot more people would buy it.
    People regularily buy the old CEs for 400+ because of the pets. That's ~4 years of sub time.
    It all comes down to if you think they are worth it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    It's the other way around for me, I like the effect but the crown looks kind of off to me.
    Yeah. I also reckon that the effect is the prime reason why most people buy it.

It might have been, except the only 2 previous posts you had ever made were digs at Blizz and comparing them to EA.

But I thought that was obvious enough. /s
    Sorry, didnt mean to offend you or your masters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Oh heck it looks absolutely awful with shadowform, I had hoped it might go shadowy like well.. shadowform.. not the case;/

EDIT: screenie
    That looks more badass to me. That shadow priest looks more demony than a warlock with that O_o

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    That looks more badass to me. That shadow priest looks more demony than a warlock with that O_o
    Until you pop out the demon wings with the fiery helm huh I should resub again to see that but that's a bit waste of money :P

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pardon the rudeness (probably infraction bait) but,

/mock

HAHAHA!

Deleted
    Sorry, didnt mean to offend you or your masters.
    That's a cute retort, but it doesn't really help further the discussion does it.

Comparing Day1 DLC to vanity helms is absurd and if it was sarcasm you've signed up just to troll and maybe the mods should handle you from here.

That's a cute retort, but it doesn't really help further the discussion does it.

Comparing Day1 DLC to vanity helms is absurd and if it was sarcasm you've signed up just to troll and maybe the mods should handle you from here.
    But I did not make that comparison, you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I hope one day to understand this mentality, of wanting things to fail just because you don't agree with them, when it doesn't affect you in any way
    Blizzard has an enormous influence on the industry. Most games have borrowed Blizzard's pricing schemes for race changes, character recustomization, name changes, mounts, and pets. By some miracle, most modern games are no longer charging for server transfers and most modern games do no have factions to change between.

Not to mention that Blizzard practically INVENTED the premium service/item shop in a P2P model. Personally, I think it's a sign of wow prepping for F2P in the long term. Regardless, Blizzard's actions have had a very adverse impact on players since they legitimized price-gouging industrywide.