Thread: Crazy stuns...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Warlock - Axe Toss / Shadowfury / Infernal
    why oh why do people come up with infernal which is not usuable in arenas? bg hero too much? and demo is allready a trash in pvp, it doesent work after like what, 1200 MMR?

Shaman - Capacitor Totem
    if anything it needs a buff after their burst gets nerfed

If anything from the list should get changed asap is monks fists- having an untrinekable stun is a no go for the sake of gameplay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    a fear is not a stun. a stun is a stun. they are 2 different things. you mean CC(Croud Control)
    Weeeeeeeeeellllll, it kind of is.

Fear doesn't break until the target takes around 10% damage which is way too much for a spammable ability when dispel has an 8 sec cd.

If a UA lock puts up insta dots with soulburn i.e. Unstable Affliction, corruption, agony on a feared target, that target will stay feared WITH THE DOTS UP for 5 seconds before it breaks.

Go duel a UA lock and you will see for yourself, its quite dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    If anything from the list should get changed asap is monks fists- having an untrinekable stun is a no go for the sake of gameplay
    Why is this any different to trinketing cheap shot into kidney shot?

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    CC is manageable

how is it manageable when you are doing a BG and 5 people rotate all their CCs on you?

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    how is it manageable when you are doing a BG and 5 people rotate all their CCs on you?
    Unless you are in a RBG, that is not going to happen. BG's are unorganized as fuck, and thus, I highly doubt that you were CC'd by 5 PPL standing there going LOLLLOLOLLL

CC is manageable from the standpoint of expecting that you are going to be CC'd. Its inevitable, AS IT SHOULD BE. It is apart of each classes toolkit, and only a moron would not use it to their advantage. So....assuming you are going to be CC'd, will hopefully free you of the mindset of "AMG - I WAS CC'D AHHHH" instead, go into a RBG, call out that you are CC'd and you will likely get a dispell.

You are playing in the wrong part of the game if you expect to win 100% of the time with no support.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Monksrus View Post
    Weeeeeeeeeellllll, it kind of is.

Fear doesn't break until the target takes around 10% damage which is way too much for a spammable ability when dispel has an 8 sec cd.

If a UA lock puts up insta dots with soulburn i.e. Unstable Affliction, corruption, agony on a feared target, that target will stay feared WITH THE DOTS UP for 5 seconds before it breaks.

Go duel a UA lock and you will see for yourself, its quite dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL wut? Fear breaks slightly late but you get 100%->0% in stun and its Kiiiiiiiiiiinda the same? lulz

a Stun is Far FAR more OP then a fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monksrus View Post
    Fists splits the full stun in 3 smaller stuns recast every .5 sec if you trinket one and dont have the ping you will be hit by the next

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    Learn to not stand in the middle and stand towards the back of the group. If your getting focused that is an issue with peelz but 90% of the cc in this game can be max ranged and most randoms aren't rank 1's. They barely have the awareness to focus someone unless they get screamed at in bg chat.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-07-19 at 02:46 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    fists -1 spell
    cheap shot/kidney shot - 2 spells

OMG RIGHT?

If the locks uses SB:SS there is a high possibility that the fear will brake. If he fears someone with full dots, yes the dots will roll since fear has a certain dmg treshold- and no, dots do not tick for some crazy damage without MG.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Unless you are in a RBG, that is not going to happen. BG's are unorganized as fuck, and thus, I highly doubt that you were CC'd by 5 PPL standing there going LOLLLOLOLLL

happens on PTR all the time in random BGs. Most of my deaths come in a full stun or silence going from 100%-0% without ever being able to try and heal myself or get away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    As a monk with 2 trinkets I still think the CC is over the top.
    Not every class needs a stun. (Can't think of a class without one)
    Mage - Deep Freeze
    Warlock - Axe Toss / Shadowfury / Infernal
    Warrior - Charge / Shockwave
    Priest - Psychic Horror
    Death Knight - Unholy Pet Stun / Asphyxiate / Remorseless Winter
    Monk - Fists of Fury / Charging Ox Wave / Leg Sweep
    Rogue - Cheep Shot / Kidney Shot / Paralytic Poison
    Druid - Pounce / Wild Bash / Maim
    Hunter - Intimidation / Numerous pets with a stun special / Binding Shot
    Paladin - Fist of Justice / Blinding Light (Glyph)
    Shaman - Capacitor Totem

Each one of those classes have other forms of CC, and several of these stuns were just added recently.
    Psychic Horror isn't a stun. It functions as one but it's diffrent DRs. It's also only 1 out of 3 specs that get it so priests are drawing the shortest straw by the looks of it

INSTANT cc's, or CC's that take no thought or prep to apply are out of control. Instant CC followed up by low ramp up time, unavoidable burst combine to be way out of control.

While annoying, things like fear, poly, cyclone, sap, priest fear, hex (read: all the oldest CC abilities) take some positioning or casting or both to land. Most CC is put onto the healer(s) in rated play, and they have ways to avoid these things.

The reason hunters are so strong right now (among others) is they combine the instant cc / instant dmg in the best way. Scatter/trap on the healer is hard to avoid (although somewhat possible with good coordination), followed up with easy to connect, unavoidable, unpeelable dmg.

Its landing that first CC that is key. Landing a fear on a scatter/trapped target is easy, because it has been set up with instant, difficult to avoid opener CC.

The CC that is dumb consists of (imo):

-Warlock - axe toss. 3s blanket silence (pet cc),
    -Mage - pom'd CC. 4s blanket.
    -Priest - psyfiend/void tendrils
    -DK - asphyx (strang wasnt bad because of its CD. differentiated good dk's from bad ones)
    -Monk - spear hand strike blanket, ROP
    -Rogue - paralytic (not so bad as nobody takes it), garrote needs a cd back, deadly throw off CP's gained from ST.
    -Druid - tree CC, ursols, disorenting roar.
    -Hunter - all pet cc, silence shot (in 5.4 the interrupt shot), binding shot, trap off readiness (done in 5.4), disengage root.
    -Pally - FOJ (ok as HOJ with short range and longer cd), blinding light, rep for everyone but ret, fear (in 5.4)
    -Shaman - nothing really. cap takes skill to land and is counterable, hex has long cd, shear takes skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    a fear is not a stun. a stun is a stun. they are 2 different things. you mean CC(Croud Control)
    I guess fear fell under the "etc" part.

OT: I just got back into the game and just hit lvl 90 but CC is a bit overwhelming... then again, so is damage atm. The thing that I found weird is that in MoP they decided to give alot of classes more CC. Take ret for example. They get a ranged slow or get repentance with no CD and a cast or HoJ on a lower CD, thet they get a mass disorient which lasts 6s on a 2m CD but they didn't really nerf their previous qualities? (off heals and insane burst). Same for druids, they already had an abundance of CC, why add even more tools to the already incredible toolkit. :/ I was hyped when I saw more classes getting a varied CC toolkit in MoP, but it is a bit much atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    why oh why do people come up with infernal which is not usuable in arenas? bg hero too much? and demo is allready a trash in pvp, it doesent work after like what, 1200 MMR?
    /facepalm so hard.

Every single lock spec is represented above 2.5k in 3s.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who went into PVP recently more often(This is Hunter mind you). Stuns... are a bit obnoxious.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi