Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Updated character models + cash shop = Huge drop in subs.
    ^This

Frankly, i am already paying 15 bucks per month and they are "doing nothing". Paying additional money for models would be kind of absurd.

Deleted
    If they were to do that I just wouldn't play anymore. Why should I pay 15 dollars a month if I have to buy everything ESPECIALLY a big feature such as new models from the cash shop.

We pay 15$ / month + full game price for every expansion and you want the models to be in the cash shop ?

Lol get real,if that happens this game will suffer yet another major drop in subs.The new models need to happen to all classic + bc races ,given free to all and offer a free character customization when they are implemented.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The character model update will be marketed as a big selling feature of the new expac just like the world revamp was marketed as a big selling feature of Cata.

The OP knows this and is trolling everyone with his "HURR MODEL IZ COSMETIC I IZ SO CLEVER SEE WAT I DID THERE?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Maybe you already get £10/$15 worth of content every month and the store stuff is extra that they'd never have produced in the first place if the store didn't exist.
    The game content was already included with the purchase of the game. Which for some is hundreds of £ or $ worth. Which TBC reused a lot of content, as does all expansions since. The monthly fee is for services, like data connection and storing your character in Blizzards servers. Even though it's reasonable to assume that since WoW was introduced in 2004, the cost to service WoW has gone down tremendously. Which means that Blizzard gets to pocket a lot more of that £10/$15 then ever before.

Lets not forget that a lot of people have left WoW for various reasons. For a lot of people the graphics of WoW is so bad that they wouldn't play it. People claim they can count the polygons. The price of the monthly fee might also be the reason why so many people stopped playing, especially China. I know a lot of fellow WoW players have stopped logging in cause $15 is a bit pricy. Got people offering to exchange gold for another month of WoW in the guild.

Blizzards hubris is blinding them. The player base doesn't want to see gear in the game that wasn't earned. Cause that's what WoW is all about. Players do not like the direction the game is going. Right now it's O.K. but is very borderline O.K. But good looking gear should be for players who did something awesome, not payed real money. Which is already a problem with WoW in LFR. The game in general is going into a bad direction as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I've had a much bigger problem with the fees they charge for what requires essentially little to no manual effort, those account services, then I do the store. It doesn't really affect me much, since I've rarely needed to use them, but I can't really see the justification for the prices.
    Exactly, it's completely automated too, requires no manpower on their part. The store is idiotic just because the pricing is horrible, but I don't NEED that stuff. I'm currently stuck on a server in a faction I don't want to be in, with friends on another server/faction, just because it'd be 50$ to switch completely over. It's insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The game content was already included with the purchase of the game.
    Some of the game content is included in the purchase of the box. The subscription fee mostly pays for all the content patches they produce between boxes. The server and data costs are a smaller part of subscription fee.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

How about no. The old models are old. It's time for them to be updated and people need to deal with it.

Your idea makes good business sense for the most part. However, given Blizzard's current situation (bleeding subs) and current competition (F2play), the absolute last thing Blizzard needs to do is offer more "value" for more "$." Blizzard needs to start giving people more value for less $. Otherwise, they will continue and perhaps even expedite their current down spin.

Deleted
    I like how people defending cosmetic stuff in the cash shop are suddenly bashing this idea which is the exact same concept.

A+ thread.

How about

Update Models + Cash Shop = I unhappy and lost sub along with many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    I like how people defending cosmetic stuff in the cash shop are suddenly bashing this idea which is the exact same concept.

A+ thread.
    theyll bash it right up until it happens in which case theyll start defending it

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    All blizzard has to do is weigh the money loss in subscriptions versus the revenue from the cash shop, and according to player-logic, the decision makes itself. If they can make more money with the cash shop that's what they're justified in doing. This kind of reasoning has governed every sort of bad gameplay decision they've made so far, and been vigorously defended by the playerbase, so I see no reason for blizzard to stop. I say make a cash shop and make anything available for sale. The game is already in decline, so it makes sense that subs will be lost either way; the best thing to do at this point is make cash off a cash shop while there still is a substantial player base interested in paying.

Its the same reason LFR exists; it exists because epics and raiding still have some kind of prestige associated with them. Nevermind that LFR ultimately will destroy that prestige, as long as we're in a middle ground where it hasn't been destroyed yet, people will pay for LFR. Same thing with cash shop--eventually it will undermine the entire game, achievements will mean even less than they do now, but until they become totally meaningless people will spend money for them. Since the game is in decline anyway, its just good business sense to strike while the iron is still hot.
    Nicely put. It still doesn't make sense to me why the consumer is trying to HELP the business in this TRADE.
    The business tries to get most out of it's service while the consumer should want to get the most for their money.

The consumer is not following what the business/consumer relationship is suppose to do.
    Blizzard is doing their job of squeezing out every penny out of us now why aren't we squeezing everything out of our dollar?

Really, you should be complaining more than anything.
    Blizzard makes more revenue "HURRAY BLIZZ!"
    Consumer makes a complaint "HEY, FUCK YOU GUY!"

Forums...

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Nicely put. It still doesn't make sense to me why the consumer is trying to HELP the business in this TRADE.
    The business tries to get most out of it's service while the consumer should want to get the most for their money.

The consumer is not following what the business/consumer relationship is suppose to do.
    Blizzard is doing their job of squeezing out every penny out of us now why aren't we squeezing everything out of our dollar?

Really, you should be complaining more than anything.
    Blizzard makes more revenue "HURRAY BLIZZ!"
    Consumer makes a complaint "HEY, FUCK YOU GUY!"

Forums...

there was a really good post I saw earlier this week explaining this phenomenon. basically people come to identify so strongly with a corporate brand that they take any criticism of it as a personal attack, therefore they defend the company/brand like their self esteem depends on it. I think it pretty accurately described a lot of posters here, where an impartial or rational view isn't really accepted, instead it seems to be about taking sides and defending your identity.

the rational person would probably say, like you said, "I'm not going to defend blizzard's self interest at my own expense" but that's exactly what you see, because its not about blizzard taking advantage of them, or ruining their own game for profit, its about defending the blizzard name as if it were your mother or something

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    or you check a box that says "use old models". it's a terrible idea.

And what does $15 a month pay for? They have several million reasons not to do this.
    the 15$ a month is going towards all the awesome raid content you get to experience thanks to LFR

which, as we all know, raids depend on LFR to even exist, because if LFR wasn't around they couldn't justify spending their extremely limited resources on that kind of content

resources, being limited as they are, can't be diverted from LFR to these player models, therefor a new source of revenue is needed to fund them-- enter the cash shop

If they decide to sell new models, that would be a big "fuck you" in their face from a lot of subs. Especially for 15-20$

Apparently not everyone will be happy. I wouldn't pay for updated models, can't really see them with armor on anyways.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    "Graphics" could also be considered cosmetic, are we going to be getting charged for getting updated new expansion zone graphics now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    This is a point I was trying to bring up in the other thread: Why are player models any different to store-mounts or store-helms? They're both just cosmetic changes that don't affect your game. But I can 100% guarantee that everyone who supports the cash shop would suddenly go nuts if Blizzard put new player models on there....

Total double standards when it comes to something a person actually wants.
    As a person who supports the cash shop and would suddenly go nuts if Blizzard put new player models on there.... I agree with this statement, even though it basically makes me a hipocrite.

But to reason - I don't think it'd go well with recruiting new players - yes, you can play this game if you buy all the xpacks and pay $15 a month. You can also look this awesome, but only if you pay another $10 for each character you start...otherwise you'll have to put up with the 10 year old models...

What I think could be possible, would be to make the old/new models optional on the first login/creation of the character and just add the option to swap them to the paid race change. Everyone would be happy then.

In your mind what is a GPS jammer and what can it do to help you? Only when you are in the situation that the GPS jammer is need you will understand how important and useful such kind of device is. Gaining more knowledge of the device? Just start at jammerall.com and then you will have access to the best GPS jammer.