Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Which isn't a good thing. I hope I get all my items upgraded to 2/2 by that time so there won't be a need for flex. I'm probably gonna make it but meh.
    Well, it all depends on the situation. If you already have better gear there's no need for you to run flex mode - hence it doesn't change you a thing.

In our guild we're thinking to dedicate a night to flex raid to just avoid LFR completely.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by braayden View Post
    Yeah no way that will stick - the presumption is normally that LFR gear would be tuned around what an average player would need to start killing things in normal. It should be at most 522 so as not to just automatically make ToT irrelevant.
    Well historically LFR ilvl has been between the normal and heroic ilvls of the previous tier, so I imagine it will be a higher ilvl than 522.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, it all depends on the situation. If you already have better gear there's no need for you to run flex mode - hence it doesn't change you a thing.

In our guild we're thinking to dedicate a night to flex raid to just avoid LFR completely.
    My guild is already planning to replace our LFR unofficial night with Flex night (still not an official raid night, but I imagine participation will fall off a lot slower than LFR night)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Something else to keep in mind is that Flex is a good way to develop tactics, since you can practise them on an easier version of the boss and even multiple times.

Deleted
    Normal is 553 and Flex 540 - what's LFR going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Normal is 553 and Flex 540 - what's LFR going to be?
    A wild guess, based on what has been said by developers previously, is 528.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Looking at the obstacles in this tier (beginning with Horridon) for the majority of the playerbase i beg to differ. Yes, the elite managed to kill all those in last tiers heroic and less. But mind you that most of them went into ToT with both gear (515+) and the grasp of game mechanics and a decent understanding of their own class. The rest was decked in ilvl 500 at maximum and looking at the stat gains from a sole tier worth of gear that's no small difference in potential dps.

Add the value of several pieces like trinkets and set boni which has been already mentioned. Don't forget that all those have RPPM and with that and a focus on haste a full normalmode t14 twice upgraded raider would lose to a lfr geared t15 not upgraded raider all the time given equal skill/starting situation.
    I think they know that Horridon was a massive mistake, it was imo was the worst tuned second boss in the history of WoW.

We where stuck on it for 8 weeks.

It has been nerfed 3 (4?) times already.

Since we killed it we have killed a new boss every single week since (and this week we had a < 10% wipe on DA).

I am pretty sure they are never going to do that again (they have said as much).

Horridon wasn't a gear issue - it was just badly balanced for the place it was, especially for 10 man guilds. It was doable but required a lot of coordination and good execution to be downed - too much for the second boss of a raid tier (it's a shame when you get to twin consorts and down them at fiorst try without knowing well what was happening).

Flex will help for sure and low-med progression guild and (i hope) will promote more organized groups instead of clicking a queue button.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Horridon wasn't a gear issue - it was just badly balanced for the place it was, especially for 10 man guilds. It was doable but required a lot of coordination and good execution to be downed - too much for the second boss of a raid tier (it's a shame when you get to twin consorts and down them at fiorst try without knowing well what was happening).

Flex will help for sure and low-med progression guild and (i hope) will promote more organized groups instead of clicking a queue button.
    Not to mention it simply was not fitting with the "bring the player, not the class" trope. A few of my guildies have alts in another guild on our server that raids 10s and for a long time simply could not get past Horridon because all their dps were ranged that didn't have access to enough (or fast enough) interrupts for the 2nd door.

As an officer in my guild, the combination of Flex mode and Virtual Realms is really a (not the, but a) solution that I've been looking for since early/mid Cata. It's basically bringing back the "ICC 10" run, without having to neatly divide your raid into multiples of 10 with an exact configuration of tanks/heals/dps, which will be perfect for bringing up new recruits (whether new to the game or new just to your guild) without doing so at the expense of slowing down your current roster, and with all the possibilities of the increased raider pool from VR, well ... like I said, a solution to problems probably most guilds have been facing since, well, forever, but particularly since early Cata when the game population began contracting.

inb4 heroic raiders cry that their 543 loot is worse than 548 loot XD.

srsly, can't wait for it.

They're referring to CURRENT Normal and Heroic guys. xD

Flex will be higher than current normal/heroic gear, but much lower than SoO normal/heroic.

I'm still hoping they bump LFR up to 530-532, or I won't be resubscribing. I'm in full upgraded SPA. I have zero reason to play when all I can get are ilvl528 gear when I'm in 530. I don't have time for Flex/Normal raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    They're referring to CURRENT Normal and Heroic guys. xD

Flex will be higher than current normal/heroic gear, but much lower than SoO normal/heroic.

I'm still hoping they bump LFR up to 530-532, or I won't be resubscribing. I'm in full upgraded SPA. I have zero reason to play when all I can get are ilvl528 gear when I'm in 530. I don't have time for Flex/Normal raiding.
    2/2-upgraded SoO LFR gear will still be higher than your 2/2-upgraded SPA rep gear ... just like it was a similar ilvl jump from t14 normals to t15 LFR.

So why was t14->t15 stat jump enough, but t15->16 same stat jump won't be enough ? Not saying you should stay subbed, or that you should unsub, either way ... just curious

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Half Life 3 confirmed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

Why would we do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Why would we do that?
    Are you new to the MMO forums?

Regardless of the item level, Flex gear will be good for filling gaps in Tier sets and for trinkets. Even losing a few item levels is worth it for getting a good set bonus or trinket proc.

It has been 540 ilvl for like past 2 weeks or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    2/2-upgraded SoO LFR gear will still be higher than your 2/2-upgraded SPA rep gear ... just like it was a similar ilvl jump from t14 normals to t15 LFR.

So why was t14->t15 stat jump enough, but t15->16 same stat jump won't be enough ? Not saying you should stay subbed, or that you should unsub, either way ... just curious
    They've said chances are upgrades won't be around when 5.4 launches.

I have zero interest in taking downgrades for 4-6 months while I wait for item upgrades to be re-added. And they'll be lucky if I come back next expansion, cause I haven't played in 3 weeks and have zero issue. Only on here because I have OCD and MMOC is a schedule for me.

And either way, taking a DOWNGRADE in order to get an UPGRADE is not okay. It should feel like you get an upgrade when you're in a NEW TIER. Not a downgrade. Making it 532 would not have killed anyone.

Still lower than thunderforged normal upgraded gear, so it doesn't affect "hardcore" raiders, but gives LFR raiders a reason to actually play.

In short "HAR HAR HAR! I'M IN 530 GEAR! OH, THIS 528 DROPPED! I KNOW! I'LL PUT IT IN MY BANK SO I CAN USE IT IN 6 MONTHS AFTER PAYING VALOR!" If normal SoO dropped gear 2 ilvls lower than thunderforged ToT normal, normal raiders would be pissed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    normal gear is 553 afaik, 13 ilvls over flex.

Quite on the contrary. Expect hc guilds to dash through normals AND flex. Any hc guild mill min/max their chars as much as possible, and flex providing 540 means it's upgrades over 535 tot heroic items. If not for anything else, then for tier/trinkets.
    Most hc guilds will have full 549 or 543 (Tier pieces) before 5.4 It wont be worth using valor to upgrade flex gear so your really comparing 540 v 549 at that point so its going to be useless for most. Trinkets may prove to be a factor but I think most HC guilds are just going to run multiple Normal runs for trinkets.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

If there's one crowd that doesn't really complain about gear it's HC raiders, they just go for the best out at the time. Gear QQ is normally from normal raiders and PVPers.