So that would be .5272 holy power per second, or 31.632 HoPo/min?

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    So, somewhat OT for this thread, but it pertains to our t16 2pc.

Since the Prot gloves are better itemized than the Ret ones (lol, that's a first), it got me thinking...if you were to use 2 pieces of Prot tier as Ret (hands+shoulder/chest probably, since it's accuracy/mastery IIRC) would the bonus work during the cast of GoAK? As in, would you get healed up for 200% of the damage taken during the THIRTY seconds of GoAK active? That could be insane for PVP!
    I imagine its tied to spell ID, which is different for all the 3 GotAK spells unfortunately, but its a cool idea

Deleted

Since the Prot gloves are better itemized than the Ret ones (lol, that's a first), it got me thinking...if you were to use 2 pieces of Prot tier as Ret (hands+shoulder/chest probably, since it's accuracy/mastery IIRC) would the bonus work during the cast of GoAK? As in, would you get healed up for 200% of the damage taken during the THIRTY seconds of GoAK active? That could be insane for PVP!
    Edit: Kinda silly post, just realised you were referring to retribution paladins using prot tier piece. But fine will let it stay.

Did you just mention prot paladin and PvP in the same post?

Correct me if I am wrong but the duration of GoAK is twelve seconds, not thirty.
    As the bonus works is that say, you take 600k damage during the 12 seconds GoAK is active. After GoAK fades, those 600k damage then get split equally into a HoT over 12 seconds ( 600k / 12 = 50k ), a 50k HoT tick each second for twelve seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Yes. That is correct. Which also means a 52.72% uptime on SotR disregarding GC procs, tier bonuses and T5 talents,which by the way, why do I have a feeling your upcoming post has to do with the T15 4p or the T16 4p bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Did you just mention prot paladin and PvP in the same post?

Correct me if I am wrong but the duration of GoAK is twelve seconds, not thirty.
    As the bonus works is that say, you take 600k damage during the 12 seconds GoAK is active. After GoAK fades, those 600k damage then get split equally into a HoT over 12 seconds ( 600k / 12 = 50k ), a 50k HoT tick each second for twelve seconds.
    He means being Ret spec and using the Prot tier to benefit them specifically, as a bit of trollolol broken mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Sounds right, from quick napkin math. Haste cap would be ~2 additional HoPo/min, or 6 ShotRs across a 9min fight. That's....kinda disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    I imagine its tied to spell ID, which is different for all the 3 GotAK spells unfortunately, but its a cool idea
    That's what I assumed/figured, didn't know if anyone had tried on PTR though.

Also, @Firefly, Butler found out that the 2pc HoT is over 10 sec, ticking each second. So 600k dmg taken in would be 1200k heal (remember, the 2pc is 200% of dmg taken is converted to a heal), or 120k per sec, for 10 sec.
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-07-19 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted

I think each spec has a different spell ID, like XS said.

What I really want to try is that thing I talked about yesterday regarding the set bonus with Glyph of Word of Glory and Glyph of Harsh Words. First one should work NP and we might just keep enough uptime to make it the most valuable DPS glyph, considering the nerf to Alabaster Shield.

If the set bonus works with Harsh Words AND the first glyph then I bet we will be able to pull out some big ST nuke. I say we label such setup as Holy SHOCKTROOPadin. Done.

Harsh Words scales really poorly though. I remember doing the shark boss in Brawlers guild and kiting with J/Exo/HW...3HoPo HW was hitting for ~1/2-2/3 of a J. Obviously, prot will have higher AP with Veng, but the scalar will remain the same. I am 99% sure that BoG does not provide any effect to HW either, but I'm not sure if that's still accurate or will remain the case going into 5.4 (since they're altering how BoG interacts with non-self-cast WOGs).

WOG glyph is a pretty easy choice, but I'm still not sold on HW due to it's weak damage. Would be fun to be wrong on that, though. Free, off the GCD nuke? Suuuure!
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    No, the avatar/sig is just the scrapbot being retarded and infracting me for having a sig that's 2 pixels over the limit (yes)
    So! If you disregard scrapbot being scrapbot with your avatar being 2 pixels over the limit! I win? Yay!

Also, @Firefly, Butler found out that the 2pc HoT is over 10 sec, ticking each second. So 600k dmg taken in would be 1200k heal (remember, the 2pc is 200% of dmg taken is converted to a heal), or 120k per sec, for 10 sec.
    Yeah true, it is 200% damage taken. Kinda forgot about that. Have not been pondering to much over this.

- - - Updated - - -

Using the WoG glyph is certainly something interesting. Lets say you have a 75% uptime of SotR. That means you are using SotR once every 4 seconds, or 12 seconds to use it 3 times to get that free WoG. In that case you would have 50% uptime of a 9% damage increase buff, effectively boosting your dps by 4.5%.
    Which is pretty significant. If you have a fight where you can cheese for GC procs you could possible get up to 100% uptime on that 9% damage increase buff without sacrificing SotR uptime.

I am not really sure I want to get into the HW glyph since I petioned that on the PTRs a week ago. I really hope it will not go live.
    I can send you a PM if you want about it but wont post on the forums.

PM me the following if you would please:

1) Current haste number.
    2) Do you use haste elixir when tanking?
    3) Do you use 4P Prot?
    3b) If you do, can you link me a log of you tanking?
    4) Do you do 10 or 25?

Doing some quick calculations and going over a few things. Need some more data and would appreciate the help.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-07-19 at 03:52 PM.

Wait, what? Petitioned what about it? Hope what doesn't go live? Less pronouns, more explanation!
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Curious about that HW petition you mentioned. Throw me a private... Message, ofc.

Come on, Blizzard, let be a Holy Shocktrooper for a tier...

Deleted
    I sent ya both a PM.

But I dont think such behaviour should be encouraged.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-07-19 at 04:17 PM.

Agreed, something in that equation has to give. Did you get any feedback from blue or did the post just stagnate?

Does anyone have any PTR values for HW damage that they can provide?
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Agreed, something in that equation has to give. Did you get any feedback from blue or did the post just stagnate?

Does anyone have any PTR values for HW damage that they can provide?
    I got an "We will look into it!"

nevermind, didn't realize it was harsh words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minor spam - 4
    Flaming - 3
    Trolling - 4
    Major Trolling - 1

To clarify, one of those trolling ones was a joke about Starcraft which I mentioned at a later date, not thinking to have appealed it, and was told if I had appealed it I would've lost one. And another one was something about a pizza and some guy was getting angry and I reminded him that we're talking about cheese. Yeah...

So far, I win on total number? Yeah I do. Adds up to 69 infraction points (hah.)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

3x minor spam
    2x flaming
    1x trolling
    1x forbidden topics
    1x major flaming

1x ban because of that idiot Dieselpower (I really had to flame him twice)

10+ Year Old Account
    Psssh, small time, all of you.

#thug lyfe
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    How do you guys manage to get major flaming and major trolling? You need to go to general discussions for that? Maybe I should spend more time in R&D.

i have no clue how u guys get so many infractions.. ive gotten 3 since 2009/03 :> and one was just silly avatar to big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.