Page 36 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Sure, but you're running on faulty logic. Kicking people wearing the helm isn't going to condition them Pavlovian-style to not like the helm.
    Exactly. It's hilarious that people think that them acting like jerks will make others re-think what they like. Like every other griefer, they'll dismiss it as one of those bad apples in the WoW community and continue enjoying their hat.

Honestly, the fantasies being dreamed up in this thread: I'd almost pay for this kind of entertainment. But not quite.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

We shouldn't be punishing fellow players for wanting to own a certain item, but if we want to tell Blizzard how we feel about the business practice there's a place for it: the official forums.
    non bias and mmos go together like nicholas cage and good movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is happening, I really hope Blizzard starts banning people. All that these "protesters" have proven, is that they're afraid to cancel their own subscription. Maybe if Blizzard starts cracking a few eggs, the rest will fall in line. And yes, we know that its technically not against the rules, but what you guys don't understand is that Blizzard can ban you for anything. You're poking the bear and expecting it not to smack you.

In the end, the only reason you guys "protest", is because of jealousy. You're jealous that someone else has obtained something that you can't. Yes, you CAN'T. You guys are bound by some unknown law that seems to forbid you from buying an item which doesn't affect you in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    By all means, use your money how you please and support whatever you would like to support, just as I will do the same and boycott things I do not want to see in the game. We both should have the right to do so as we are both paying customers.
    You have every right not to buy the helmets and I support you not buying the helmets. Can we hug now?

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Again - It was still just industry 9 years back .. and 5 years back.. and 2 weeks ago.... Blizzard just decided to betray part of their loyal long term subscriber base by adding in game microtransaction into the plans.

Thats not how you treat players. You can create NEW games like pardo said 5 years back that have these things built in .. but you do not add them later on... UNLESS you are betraying your playerbase in a subscription driven game.
    Can you demonstrate any actual negative effect cosmetic items in the blizzard store has on the game or are you just going to continue with this "THE FEELS" bullshit for another 30 pages?

Call me when they are putting items which actually give you an advantage in the player store. I don't think you can fathom the immensity of the fuck I do not give about someone getting a pretty helmet or pet or mount from the store, and this is coming from someone who has been playing since December 2004 and has never bought anything from that store.

Anyone who initiates/participates in a votekick on someone just for having something from the blizzard store, whether it be the helmets or mounts (people pulled the same shit regarding the celestial steed a few years back), are nothing more than pathetic dimwits. I would wager that the majority of players would care less about someone having such an item than a completely rotten/stupid person in the group who will throw a bitchfit about other people not conforming to their own standards.

Finally, to all the goody-two-shoes in the thread who parrot "People have the right to kick whoever they want!", do you expect a gold star for diligence or something? Go back to school and brush up on your comprehension skills. Absolutely no one in this thread is claiming that this behavor is prohibited. Yes, they are within their rights to kick whoever they want for whatever reason. Westboro Baptist Church is also within their rights to hold up signs saying "Thank God for 9/11" and "Thank God for school shootings". This doesn't make it any less of a douchey thing to do. The whole premise here is that it is a really rotten thing to do if you kick someone for having an item from the Blizzard store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you try the same business strategies that caused a lot of backlash in other similar games?
    Blizzard will generate a lot of backlash no matter what they do, or if they do nothing at all. I think it's fair to say that no one here really knows what the long-term thing they're planning really is. A lot of speculation but no facts and it's well to realize that Blizzard does what it wants at the end of the day and more often than not surprises everyone; sometimes for the better, more often than not otherwise if you simply stick to forum noise.

You need at least 5 votes to even start an initiation of a kick in LFR, and then you need a majority vote for the vote to go through after that. So that means for people to be kicked over this helm thing, 5 people would have had to initiate a vote against them for the kick to show up for everyone else in LFR.
    If you can get the first five, you can get the rest easily enough. I have no doubt that this is happening. I also have no doubt that it's being blown way out of proportion as well. But like a little fire in the trees, Blizzard needs to be aware of it and be prepared to do something about it before it becomes a bigger thing.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-20 at 01:29 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    That's an impossible statement to support (at least in any meaningful way--your implication seems to be that companies just gave you more for less back in the good ole days)
    No it's not, and yes you did used to get more for less, not even that long ago. DLC is still a relatively "new" thing which is why people keep fucking it up - it's still a bit blurry what is acceptable and what isn't. When I paid $40 (though it was way less, since SF games weren't that expensive then) for Street Fighter Alpha 3, I didn't have to pay more to get all the characters. They came on the disc, when I bought it. Now I pay $40 for SFxTekken and to get some of the more iconic characters they want another $40. Then on top of that they're selling alt costumes that also used to come as part of the $40 for Alpha 3.

If they added the ludicrous prices of their DLC onto the game pricetag at launch, nobody would buy it at all. The DLC for SF x Tekken is MORE than the actual game. If select games (that do this sort of shit) suddenly became $80, they would be boycotted like fuck until they lowered the price down to the normal level (since the majority of games don't do day1 DLC or even that much expensive DLC at all, because they know that players don't like it that much)

Fact is, a game I used to get for $40 is now $40 + $40 more if you want all the characters that used to be in all the old games. Never before in any Street Fighter game have you had to pay extra for characters. Now suddenly they have decided that to get Dan (for example) you have to not only buy their $40 game (the same price as the ones which HAD DAN IN THEM), but also pay them an extra $5 for your favourite character to be unlocked even though he's ON THE DISC and was designed during the development cycle. It's not like he was a bonus afterthought that they created after shipping.

This is the same practice Blizzard is shifting towards. Tier sets have never looked worse, but they have shown with these helmets that they do have some art talent left. Now in the future your tier set can look like greens, because they can sell super HD textured class-sets on the store. They are designing these cosmetics during a development cycle that you pay for.

Just like I never had to fork out extra money if I wanted Dan in SF, I never was asked for extra money to get certain things in a sub-MMO. Blizzard is an anomaly in not only that aspect, but their price point which is way above what ANY other current MMO charges for a single item, and it's for no good reason other than "they can". Is there a good reason they couldn't have put this in the game as part of an achievement or old-world boss thing? It's not like they're exclusive in any way so you couldn't even say "but everyone would have them!".
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-07-20 at 01:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean high quality content that you have to pay extra for? :P Jokes.
    At least you possess a sense of humor. Puts you way ahead of the brow-furrowers in these threads.

Either way, like I said, I am sure a lot of people who have played other P2P MMOs know what I'm talking about when they started to delve into the world of microtransactions on top of their monthly fee, I have never seen it go over well for any P2P game, I'm sorry. I'm not saying "This is the end!", but Blizzard should pay attention to what those games did wrong and try not to do what they did in the future. Why would you try the same business strategies that caused a lot of backlash in other similar games?
    Hey, if it goes badly, Blizzard will reap the consequences. I'm not going to castigate them for bad decisions they might make in the future. I don't consider what they have already done to be bad decisions or anything overly negative affecting the game. I realize that pattern matching (seeing a path go a certain way in other cases and extrapolating it the next time you see it) is natural, but it's not entirely valid. Blizzard has to actively choose to go all the way down that path and, considering their decision-making has built one of the world's most popular games, it's not a given that they will.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

In the future, I'd like to not have to pay outside of my subscription for content, yes, including cosmetic content.
    However, it does not change how you perform in the game. I'd like to have the bat from the store too. I just can't afford it. Do you see me throw a hissyfit over it and abuse everyone who actually did have the money to buy it? No. It's not their fault I don't have the money to spend on it.

If it ruins your game as much as some people in this thread would like everyone to believe, cancel your account and state in the reason box that you really disagree with their store decisions. Randomly kicking people will NOT change anything. Hitting Blizzard on the wallet might.

By all means, use your money how you please and support whatever you would like to support, just as I will do the same and boycott things I do not want to see in the game. We both should have the right to do so as we are both paying customers.
    But that doesn't give other players the right to kick people for supporting those practices. Hindering someone the game play of other players for that reason alone is against ToS (Not saying you act that way, just making a general statement).
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You have every right not to buy the helmets and I support you not buying the helmets. Can we hug now?
    Sure! Thanks for being civil.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No. It's all because you really are immature. If you want to stick it to Blizzard, do it without being a hindrance to others. As if Blizzard will listen to your lowly, petty attempts at bothering others who pay for something they might like and suddenly go "we were wrong guys! Let's get rid of the shop."

They'll more than likely just ban you/change the kick system.
    Hate people throwing around "immature" title around and not attack the argument. How about you stop with the ad hominem?

Blizzard isn't going to ban anyone for abusing the kick system.

Or better..continue this avalanche of being an asshat and see how Blizzard might just decide the community is toxic after all and give raids back to guilds and remove LFR....
    If only that would happen... I would be a very happy person!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    World of Warcraft Collector's Edition. Pay extra, get a pet in-game.
    No.. pay for the collector's edition and get

What you get
    Large, hard-sided slip-out box with fitted fuzzy holder for all the contents.
    The full game on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM.
    "Behind the Scenes" DVD with the game's cut-scenes, 3D concept art, drawings, screen shots, and audio tracks of Blizzard employees discussing in-depth the various elements of the game.
    280-page hardcover coffee table book, The Art of World of Warcraft.
    World of Warcraft Soundtrack CD.
    Cloth gameworld map with metal clasp.
    Exclusive in-game pet for every character. Choice of Zergling, Panda Cub, or Mini Diablo.
    10-days free for a friend (via voucher with special CD-key).
    The game manual.
    Blizzard Store pamphlet!

See... you just tried to justify 15$ transmog hemelt with:

What you get
    Large, hard-sided slip-out box with fitted fuzzy holder for all the contents.
    The full game on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM.
    "Behind the Scenes" DVD with the game's cut-scenes, 3D concept art, drawings, screen shots, and audio tracks of Blizzard employees discussing in-depth the various elements of the game.
    280-page hardcover coffee table book, The Art of World of Warcraft.
    World of Warcraft Soundtrack CD.
    Cloth gameworld map with metal clasp.
    Exclusive in-game pet for every character. Choice of Zergling, Panda Cub, or Mini Diablo.
    10-days free for a friend (via voucher with special CD-key).
    The game manual.
    Blizzard Store pamphlet!

YOu still dont see the difference ?

No problem. Soon as you votekick someone for wearing a helmet though, it's you being uncivil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    But that doesn't give other players the right to kick people for supporting those practices. Hindering someone the game play of other players for that reason alone is against ToS (Not saying you act that way, just making a general statement).
    Well, I am of the opinion that if 5 people wanted that person gone, and then the majority of the LFR agreed, then who are we to argue with it? Majority rules. If you are in a LFR group and see people trying to vote someone out because of the helm, then you have the right to vote no. But if the majority of your group disagreed with you, sorry, tough luck, majority rules.

Deleted
    People will cook up all kinds of ridiculous excuses in order to justify their behaviors, this is no different, assholes will always be just that.

The more I read these kinds of threads, the more I'm thinking about actually buying one of those helmets. I just hope I'm going to meet one of the haters for some fun.
    And then to think people are actually inspecting to see what they have equipped. I don't even know the class of the tank after a LFR run

Fuck that! /pitchfork

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Translation: "find another way to stick it to Blizzard just leave me alone!"

No, this is far too genius and effective. Blizzard won't bat an eye if you unsubscribe as much as if you are purposely kicking players who have the helms.

Unsubscribing = 1 person unhappy
    Sabotaging another players experience = 2 people unhappy

You can call me immature/dick/asshole/psychotic all you want but it's all because YOU don't want to get kicked. I'm sorry but you bought the helm.
    It hasn't occured to you that purposefully ruining the experience for other players is on the list of things you get suspended for? By doing so, they remove the asshole and the guy who had his day ruined will actually be able to enjoy his purchase without the fear of said dickhead repeating his behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Hate people throwing around "immature" title around and not attack the argument. How about you stop with the ad hominem?

Blizzard isn't going to ban anyone for abusing the kick system.

If only that would happen... I would be a very happy person!

I'm just stating what any other person that isn't completely self-centered and immature thinks. There is no need for me to attack the argument when I may as well call a spade a spade. Especially if it devalues any argument that might have been there in the process.