Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[GUIDE] World of Warcraft - Celestial Blessings: Yu'lon [Hunter]

You are Prepared!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hello fellow hunters of MMO-Champion,

For those who are doing the legendary Questline to obtain the new 'legendary' (Purple ATM) Cape of wrathion and
    are NOT able to defeat Wrathion at all, Then don't panic anymore. Help is out there now!

Let's start of with some little information about why i made this guide to begin with.
    For those who have searched themself, there are NOT any good guide videos out there who can help hunters down
    Wrathion at the Jade Forest Temple. Not only for me but for more hunters out there, it's a real pain to down Wrathion,
    Especially when there is no guide to give you some directions what to do and what to fix!

So those who are stuck on the Legendary Questline knows how the fight is and knows how annoying it can be for some specs
    and rotations that people have/use. For those who haven't experienced it yet, you will find out why this guide will be handy.

Let me introduce you a little of my hunter to give everyone a clear view of what was my problem and what i have seen that alot of
    hunters have the same problem.

To start of, I'm Gimlix and my hunter has always been a Beast Mastery Hunter. I like having exotic pets and have them do my damage while
    i fight in the back, nice and safe. I have half Throne of Thunder LFR gear and half Throne of Thunder Normal gear, Gemmed/Enchanted and
    of course upgraded. (most of them)
    When you start the encounter of Yu'lon with Wrathion as Beast Mastery like i was, then you notice that the fight is really intense.
    The main reason for that is because the fight is just a madness for hunters, The amount of damage blizzard has putted in the fight is way
    to much for an average hunter. Of course we need to expect some skilled hunters for these fight or else they didn't come this far to begin
    with.

So during the encounter i had to change not only my Spec i also had to change my whole talent tree and all my glyphs, This is not only expensive
    but this can also effect people in DPS/Damage/rotation because everything is getting changed.
    Since there weren't any guides on youtube, i had to figure everything out myself, and that is not a happy time.

How ever after hours of changing my whole rotation/specs/glyphs i finally figured out a perfect combination to just nuke wrathion down without even
    having to worry about losing, because the fight is already over before you even got in any real danger.

And the amount of anger and frustration that has costed this quest for me i felt like i had to share it to all the hunters who were stuck on the quest
    because i think they deserve to down him as easy as i did.

The Guide!

This video doesn't contain any gameplay, only guides/tips and tricks and information, The fight is easy enough to figure out
    after the amount of help you can receive from this video, and if you really need more help, mail me, then i will make a encounter video aswell.

Video Information.

~> Talent Tree. (What talents you need to pick)
    ~> Glyphs (What glyphs are usefull to use)
    ~> Hunter pets (What spec you need to use)
    ~> Hunter Potions (What potions can make the fight easier)
    ~> Tips and Tricks (Information to prepare you for the encounter)
    ~> Hunter Specialization. (All 3 specs of a hunter, With proper information why to use that spec and why not)
    ~> Required gear and Ilvl (Usefull to know what gear to have and what not)

If this video was not helpful please tell me, because i would like to know what didn't help you during the fight.
    If this video helped any of you with killing Wrathion, Please post below so i know that this video was helpful for more hunters then just me.
    I hope you guys thought this guide was helpful, if so then i will keep making them for the rest of the legendary questline incase there is no guide
    videos on youtube again, people do need them for some support!

Gimlix ~ EU Outland!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

First of all, beast mastery is like the best spec to do this, the amount of burst the spec can do right away is great for the few seconds you have to hit his back, if done correctly with bm you can kill him in like 10 seconds. also it's best to ignore the adds and kite them the whole time, no sense wasting time on them when they won't even be able to hit you. did it at 525 ilvl when I did it the 2nd week it was available (for reference to how easy it was)

Tldr: Go BM, Go behind his back and pop cds, free 700k dps, dead in 10 seconds.

Still, gj putting the guide together, but those methods seem pretty wack, maybe some people will have success with it if they don't know bm.

also, just wanted to point out an error, flask of spring blossoms gives 1k agility not 1.2k
    Last edited by hareu; 2013-07-20 at 04:27 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hareu View Post
    First of all, beast mastery is like the best spec to do this, the amount of burst the spec can do right away is great for the few seconds you have to hit his back, if done correctly with bm you can kill him in like 10 seconds. also it's best to ignore the adds and kite them the whole time, no sense wasting time on them when they won't even be able to hit you. did it at 525 ilvl when I did it the 2nd week it was available (for reference to how easy it was)

Still, gj putting the guide together, but those methods seem pretty wack, maybe some people will have success with it if they don't know bm.

also, just wanted to point out an error, flask of spring blossoms gives 1k agility not 1.2k
    I did the fight very recently, and as I recall the boss has over 20 mil HP. So you can forget about that 10 second kill. Also, if you go BM won't the pet attack from the front and not get the dmg bonus?

Anyway, I did the fight as survival, and finished very easily on first try without having had a clue how the fight works. I simply dps'd boss (from behind when I could), and killed the adds that came (got one spawn, I dunno if they keep spawning if the fight drags on) with the help of an ice trap. Obviously being in 540 gear helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I did the fight very recently, and as I recall the boss has over 20 mil HP. So you can forget about that 10 second kill. Also, if you go BM won't the pet attack from the front and not get the dmg bonus?

Anyway, I did the fight as survival, and finished very easily on first try without having had a clue how the fight works. I simply dps'd boss (from behind when I could), and killed the adds that came (got one spawn, I dunno if they keep spawning if the fight drags on) with the help of an ice trap. Obviously being in 540 gear helped.
    You can kill it in 10~ seconds.

I was exaggerating a little, still it's very quick, realistically it was around 25 seconds, still a very quick fight, kite adds and gg, he never even spawned his clones when I fought him.

also your pet attacks from behind, unless it's tanking something, which it doesn't tank anything, so another reason bm is good is that it will almost always be behind the target.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    also your pet attacks from behind, unless it's tanking something, which it doesn't tank anything, so another reason bm is good is that it will almost always be behind the target.
    Considering the fight I would figure the pet counts as tanking. But I'm honestly not sure, since it's a pretty special fight. I had my pet taunt on, but dunno if it was working.

What ??? People are not able to kill Wrathion ?

I took 0 damage in the whole fight by backpedaling out of shit on the ground ...

It's like shooting a target dummy

10+ Year Old Account

Hey there, I have done BM and if you don't have high enough gear then this won't help you get him down.
    When the slime spawns and you want to nuke the slimes your pet is way to slow to get over to the slimes and then most of the time your in a annoying
    situation because you are most of time getting locked in. If you have high ilvl all specs are easy but i made video for those who doesn't have that kind of
    high ilvl, they might need help so i gave them.

And thanks for pointing out the flask mistake, didn't see that.

Just made this guide for those who had trouble with the encounter and if you didn't had any problems then awesome, but some people do ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Hey there, I have done BM and if you don't have high enough gear then this won't help you get him down.
    When the slime spawns and you want to nuke the slimes your pet is way to slow to get over to the slimes and then most of the time your in a annoying
    situation because you are most of time getting locked in. If you have high ilvl all specs are easy but i made video for those who doesn't have that kind of
    high ilvl, they might need help so i gave them.

And thanks for pointing out the flask mistake, didn't see that.

Just made this guide for those who had trouble with the encounter and if you didn't had any problems then awesome, but some people do ^^
    you should be using blink strikes, you pet will just teleport over to the slimes if you have it, it's a bigger dps increase over amoc anyways.

and like I said, I did it in 525 ilvl, people that have the stones and stuff to even do this quest should be close to that itemlevel already, it'd be extremely unlucky to not have that itemlevel.

Deleted
    "impossible as Beast Mastery" ... rofl.... right.. l2p in that case.

Yes it has around 31m hp. Yes pets attack from behind. And yes, i killed Wrathion BEFORE the adds even spawned. I think my whole fight was about 19 seconds. Its a complete joke as BM.
    Last edited by mmocd658a685e4; 2013-07-20 at 09:20 PM.

------------- = 1.63 million DPS.

People here have a very strange sense of time. BM hunters are not bursting to 1.6 million DPS over 19 seconds.

But in any case, yeah, BM is just fine for this fight. Any of the specs are, really, though I'm not sure I'd take MM into it.

Hell, when I did it, the fight bugged out for me, and I ended up having to fight TWO Wrathions at once! Still did it, just gotta keep away from those adds.

EDIT: Changed the values to match Oggy up there, because 31 million damage over 19 seconds is so much more reasonable than 20 million over 14 seconds.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-07-20 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    When i open on a target i have around 160.000 AP selfbuffed with a flask and food + pot. Then add bestial wrath and stampede. THEN ADD THE 250% EXTRA DAMAGE the boss takes...... now go redo your math and you should see that kind of burst is EASY.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    When i open on a target i have around 160.000 AP selfbuffed with a flask and food + pot. Then add bestial wrath and stampede. THEN ADD THE 250% EXTRA DAMAGE the boss takes...... now go redo your math and you should see that kind of burst is EASY.
    Yeah, I did redo my math. The math has you doing 1.63 million dps over 19 seconds. Captain Hyperbole, awaaaaay.

Did it take 250% increased damage over that time period though? I don't even remember, it was over pretty quick though.

Deleted
    Right, let's talk about how awesome some people are... that's really helpful for those who struggle with this quest.
    Who would have thought that someone like Oggy in upgraded heroic gear could beat him so quickly? Simply amazing, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody needs to get rude over the help i provided for those who needed help.
    For those who got him down, great but then don't come on these forums to tell the rest of the world how good you are and how easy the fight is. It's not for all.
    Looks like i shouldn't make a guide next time, since nobody is appreciated by it, guess that's why nobody made a guide..

Deleted
    For those who got him down, great but then don't come on these forums to tell the rest of the world how good you are and how easy the fight is. It's not for all.
    Looks like i shouldn't make a guide next time, since nobody is appreciated by it, guess that's why nobody made a guide..
    The guide im sure is appriciated, im sure you put alot of effort in it. BUT when you open with "ITS IMPOSSIBLE AS BEAST MASTERY", you lost alot of ppl right there. In my opinion it most likley the easiest specc to beat the enounter. Hence why i posted, since if you never did the encounter before reading your guide your might have a harder time killing it then needed. Yes, i did it in around ilvl 544 or there around. And as bm it was a cakewalk.

I had quite a problem with "little" bugs in this fight, e.g. his 180° cone hitten me no matter where in the room i was, him duplicating himself, but after merging again there were two of him and other funny stuff like this.

Very happy me after this was over. No fun at all.

Link to the song in the Guide. Pls.

Deleted
    will use it and get back to you :P

If some hunter needs a guide for THIS fight, i think he had quite a hard time leveling to 90....