Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    More power to the kicker.

People buying this shit and lapping it up are supporting unethical business practices. I don't want to play my games with people who are actively working to sabotage my subscriptions worth.

What most people don't understand is that the more Blizzard thinks this is acceptable, the more stuff they push into the store. It wont end up ever being "power", or in this case gear but it will certainly be the better modeled/textured pets (take a look at the mile-stone achievement ones vs the store) and mounts going there for a quick buck. If somehow everyone said "no thank you, we'd prefer it was in the game as a drop or 'chieve" and didn't buy it, they'd put everything in the game for no extra cost, because they would have no incentive to design cash shop items.
    Unethical. You are using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    And how are people being treated unfairly here? What advantage is given to the people who bought one of these helms over those who didn't?
    We're just going in a circle now. Let's just see what happens, actions speak louder than words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korozion View Post
    The main reason I see people complaining about these helms is because they THINK that this will eventually lead to a p2w/f2p marketplace like other games. Heres the thing, WoW isn't like these other games. Other games do this because they need money to run the game, this is not the case for WoW.
    Blizzard might not need the money to run their game per se, but I'm damn sure they would not mind maximizing their revenue, which is the exact same thing. It's clear to see that these transmog helmets are a pilot project. If it proves to be successful, who are you to say it won't venture into p2w territories over time? Your guess is as good as mine and claiming that 'WoW is different', 'WoW isn't like the others', 'WoW is my light in the darkness, my cuddly warm blanket on cold nights, and would never ever betray me', is just you being naive.

I'm fairly sure that 5 years ago people were '100% sure' that there would never be a RMAH in a Blizzard game, or that the Blizzard store would never contain transmog items, let alone XP bonuses or Charms for purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    More power to the kicker.

People buying this shit and lapping it up are supporting unethical business practices. I don't want to play my games with people who are actively working to sabotage my subscriptions worth.

What most people don't understand is that the more Blizzard thinks this is acceptable, the more stuff they push into the store. It wont end up ever being "power", or in this case gear but it will certainly be the better modeled/textured pets (take a look at the mile-stone achievement ones vs the store) and mounts going there for a quick buck. If somehow everyone said "no thank you, we'd prefer it was in the game as a drop or 'chieve" and didn't buy it, they'd put everything in the game for no extra cost, because they would have no incentive to design cash shop items.
    A for-profit business looking to make profit is anything BUT unethical. Not to mention, that profit companies aren't actually obligated to listen to their customers like everyone seems to think. They're free to do whatever they want with their product as long as it doesn't harm the consumer (like selling poisonous food). Sure, it's bad business to not listen to the consumer, but they're not obligated to.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    How is buying something purely cosmetic pay2win? Do people even know what pay2win means?
    No people have no clue what that means lets state this quite thoroughly

- It has no advantage whatsoever in affecting he or shes gameplay
    - It gives no slight edge whatsoever in terms of ''advantage''

How the fuck is this PAY2WIN is beyond me.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard about. Period. A perfect example of how much corrupted a wow community is.
    I want to say something to those who support this kind of action: please, grow fucking up already! It is definitely not your matters what other players do, and you have totally no ethical rights to ruin other players experience just because of your own childish stupidity, or envy, or whatever else "reasons" you tend to create to justify your behaviour.
    And before you start flaming bullshit about lots of money items cost, or whatever, try to think over this: world inflation. You do realise that money become cheaper every god damn year, yet Blizzard never raised sub fee, although they should do that, since any other prices are growing up every year? Yes, Blizzard needs another source of income, and yes, this one source is fine enough to be the most unruining their game. I'd personally love them to have more of stuff like this in store, so I could, for example, pay 200$ for my CMG set for Blizz themselves, not for a bunch of greedy fucking booster kiddies I've payed.
    So, please, stop that nonsence already. You may think you do a good thing for a community, but, in fact, everything you'll achieve will be more restrictions on kicking players. And, in the end, when you won't be able to kick some total idiot ruining a gameplay for 24 other people, you shouldn't blame Blizz. You should blame a bunch of ignorant bullies like yourself.

This reminds me of the old 4.3 LFR threads. Where many forum posters bragged about needing on gear they didn't need just so people with poor DPS/healing couldn't get it. You know, as a way to teach them a lesson for being a baddie. It's a look at the ugliest side of the WoW community. The funny thing is that the people who brag about this anti-social behavior also tend to complain about how bad the community in WoW is.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    The funny thing is that the people who brag about this anti-social behavior also tend to complain about how bad the community in WoW is.
    Truth has been spoken.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard about. Period. A perfect example of how much corrupted a wow community is.
    I want to say something to those who support this kind of action: please, grow fucking up already! It is definitely not your matters what other players do, and you have totally no ethical rights to ruin other players experience just because of your own childish stupidity, or envy, or whatever else "reasons" you tend to create to justify your behaviour.
    And before you start flaming bullshit about lots of money items cost, or whatever, try to think over this: world inflation. You do realise that money become cheaper every god damn year, yet Blizzard never raised sub fee, although they should do that, since any other prices are growing up every year? Yes, Blizzard needs another source of income, and yes, this one source is fine enough to be the most unruining their game. I'd personally love them to have more of stuff like this in store, so I could, for example, pay 200$ for my CMG set for Blizz themselves, not for a bunch of greedy fucking booster kiddies I've payed.
    So, please, stop that nonsence already. You may think you do a good thing for a community, but, in fact, everything you'll achieve will be more restrictions on kicking players. And, in the end, when you won't be able to kick some total idiot ruining a gameplay for 24 other people, you shouldn't blame Blizz. You should blame a bunch of ignorant bullies like yourself.
    Let em have it!!

I concur.
    Why do you people not want Blizzard to make money? Our sub fee hasnt gone up, some people have the cash to burn. It doesnt give them a boost or change the game play so why in the hell do you all care?

Wait, Blizz is making money, them bastards, we cant have that, we must riot! SMH

IF this is true and i do say if ...... then what about all the people with store mini pets and as others say mounts ....

This is a pretty sad deal .. like how blizz make money or not being a tosser towards other players does not help.

I sleep for 7 hours, and the pagecount has doubled in that time... Can't believe it's still going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Let em have it!!

I concur.
    Why do you people not want Blizzard to make money? Our sub fee hasnt gone up, some people have the cash to burn. It doesnt give them a boost or change the game play so why in the hell do you all care?

Wait, Blizz is making money, them bastards, we cant have that, we must riot! SMH
    I'm more astonished people think this shit is Pay2Win lol

That Store Is destroying whats left of this once beautiful game.
    I support those actions just to show blizz how wrong they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Kicking people doesn't show blizzard anything what the fuck LOL it just makes them ''fix'' the kick tool more

And imo, its the community. The community that would rather kick someone because of what they purchase than simply just not give a flying whoop-de-doo because it has 0 effect at this moment on how you or anyone else plays this game. Maybe down the road, I or anyone else have no idea, but atm it's just $15 that someone spent because they like what they saw and wanted it.
    "If you ever start to take things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe."

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Kicking people doesn't show blizzard anything what the fuck LOL it just makes them ''fix'' the kick tool more
    Agreed. And some people wonder why they have such a long cooldown on their ability to kick people. Could it be because of shit like this? -.-

Deleted
    You mean, you support those actions to further destroy what's left of the once not-so-bad community.

The reason why the "community" disappears isn't evil LFR etc - but the fact that there are so many bullies around in WoW.
    How about going on the street and beating up some kids because they use an iPhone? You know, Apple does bad and "unethical" things too.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Exactly.
    How naive can you be to think that this will make Blizzard reconsider their store model?
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-07-20 at 10:58 AM.

inb4 new greentext on these retarded helmets

"you can no longer be kicked from instance-groups"

Everyone who's against this:
    Send a complaint to blizzard with the correct tools.
    or unsubscribe.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Because Blizz is really going to change their minds based off of LFR kicks. Maybe we should start kicking people that have the mount and pet achievements too, since they obviously also spent money in the Blizzard store.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.