Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Valor Gear in 5.4?

Hey all,
    So far I haven't seen any clue that there will be new valor vendor gear in 5.4? Something higher than 496 anyway.
    Did I miss something?

Deleted
    No new valor gear in 5.4 no, you will keep spending valor points on upgrading the gear you get. As for catching up in gear there will be new gear to obtain on the timeless isle.

I believe Blizzard felt that valor gear had become its own gear progression, which wasn't the intention of it, so they switched it up and let valor points be primarily for upgrading your gear rather than replacing it.

Blizzard wants you to flex raid next tier, not shop for valor gear ever 1.5 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Blizzard wants you to flex raid next tier, not shop for valor gear ever 1.5 weeks.
    That really sucks, more RNG. Vendor gear always felt nice when because it was something you knew for sure would happen. Since Flex is using the LFR drop system, bad luck is going to be a killer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    That really sucks, more RNG. Vendor gear always felt nice when because it was something you knew for sure would happen. Since Flex is using the LFR drop system, bad luck is going to be a killer.
    You forget, that you can run LFR, Flex and normal/Heroic every reset. So lets say, that you haven't gotten gloves from Flex. Then you go do LFR and you can even do Normal to boost your chance. Also, you can use your charms of good fortune.

Ofc some people will be screwed by RNG, that happens to most of us at some point. But I think the thing to keep in mind here, is the fact, that you can clear SoO 3 times per reset.

Nope, they've already confirmed that there won't be any new VP gear. Instead, the VP item upgrade system will continue to stick around in 5.4.

the question is, will valor reset?

Deleted
    If there is no Valor gear to buy outside of LFR then either the ilvl needs to be higher than 528 (as i'm an lfr player and already at 524) or the amount you can upgrade it needs to be higher than 8 lvls. If not there will be little progression for LFR players.

Hopefully news to come on other ways to get better gear than what we have. Flex is not the answer to that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    Nothing been announced, so we can take it as a "no" (hopefully at least)
    And, since were gonna be using Mogu runes of Fate in SoO, will those be reset?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgo81 View Post
    If there is no Valor gear to buy outside of LFR then either the ilvl needs to be higher than 528 (as i'm an lfr player and already at 524) or the amount you can upgrade it needs to be higher than 8 lvls. If not there will be little progression for LFR players.

Hopefully news to come on other ways to get better gear than what we have. Flex is not the answer to that.
    Flex Raid ilvl will be 540, that has already been confirmed. Keep in mind, that just as everything else has a higher ilvl, so will the gear from LFR next Tier.

If you then want higher than LFR ilvl, go do Flex. If you want higher than Flex, go do Normal. If you want higher than Normal, go do Heroics. Kinda makes sense no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Flex Raid ilvl will be 540, that has already been confirmed. Keep in mind, that just as everything else has a higher ilvl, so will the gear from LFR next Tier.

If you then want higher than LFR ilvl, go do Flex. If you want higher than Flex, go do Normal. If you want higher than Normal, go do Heroics. Kinda makes sense no?
    Makes sense, if you think lfr players will go to flex. Not sure that will happen for most lfr players. The point is at the moment regular lfr players have 522+8 in at least half the slots, plus 516+8 hc scenario, so they probably only have 4 tier pieces and maybe a weapon at 502+8. For an lfr player who isn't interested in flex the progression will be minimal without other sources of better gear. With no real need for Valor either it will likely mean a lot of casual players will turn off instead once they've run lfr a few times.

Deleted
    Makes sense, if you think lfr players will go to flex. Not sure that will happen for most lfr players. The point is at the moment regular lfr players have 522+8 in at least half the slots, plus 516+8 hc scenario, so they probably only have 4 tier pieces and maybe a weapon at 502+8. For an lfr player who isn't interested in flex the progression will be minimal without other sources of better gear. With no real need for Valor either it will likely mean a lot of casual players will turn off instead once they've run lfr a few times.
    I think I might have misunderstood the guy I quoted then. Cause it sounded like he was thinking, that the SoO LFR would award 522 ilvl gear as well. But I get your point though. If you're only interested in LFR, then it's true, that there won't be much to use the VP for in the long run. That being said, nothing comes for free. If you want gear above LFR and Heroic Scenarios, then you have to venture into Flex raid. If you can't or won't do that, then you will end up wasting your VP - or start upgrading OS items.

Again, the path of gear upgrades is mainly meant as a tool to advance your character into content that's harder. So if you don't want to find a group of friends or pug a Flex mode raid, then you'll be stuck with your VP and that's honestly your own fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Nothing been announced, so we can take it as a "no" (hopefully at least)
    And, since were gonna be using Mogu runes of Fate in SoO, will those be reset?
    mogu runes will not be used in SoO. they will be replaced just how elder charms were.

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    Most likely yes. They would not want people to be able to upgrade 6-8 Pieces of normal/flex mode gear week 1..

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get 536 gear on the timeless isle, and te new lfr is 528 i believe. You will be in an average of around 530-535 next which is an upgrade of 10 ilevs for most players. If you want to get more do flex which is easier then normal modes and like doing icc 10 with nerfs in pug mode in wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Most likely yes. They would not want people to be able to upgrade 6-8 Pieces of normal/flex mode gear week 1..
    They didn't reset valor in 5.2, even though they added a new tier of valor gear. I don't see any reason they'd reset it this tier, either.

I haven't seen anything "confirming" that there wouldn't be any new valor gear. We're still a ways away from the end of the PTR, so anything could happen. If someone wants to provide a link proving me wrong, then by all means...
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Hey all,
    So far I haven't seen any clue that there will be new valor vendor gear in 5.4? Something higher than 496 anyway.
    Did I miss something?
    last time ghostcrawler talked about valor gear he said they were working on a way to obtain it other than rep. so i assume it will be in there somewhere
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

There will still be constant upgrades. You will be guaranteed an extra 16 ilvls every week through upgrading. Even if its not an extra piece of gear every 2 weeks, (no valor gear costs less than 1250) you are getting guaranteed "upgrades" through ilvl boosts.

Deleted
    We will see i dont hope that they will be a Vendor becouse there will be so much to get from LFR NORMAL and Flex raids so we will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get moreout of upgrading gear in most cases than anything else anyway (trinkets excepting perhaps.)