Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    Two friends of mine just received their first bans since playing wow which is 7 years ago. I fraps LFR now and send it in with my GM ticket showing the harassment, I am glad they are banned and i will continue to fraps and hopefully get more people banned. Not happy and whiny, then leave the game, or sit in your 3 day ban whining more on here.
    You won't get me banned for anything like that. I'm not going to be actively promoting my dissatisfaction in game, because I really don't care that much (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If you are willingly agreeing to kick people from LFR or LFD or even Scenarios simply because they have one of these helms, then you are hurting them. You are wasting their time and spoiling the game for them. I'm not saying you have done so, btw.
    Person with half of brain knows that $-shop has no place in p2p game, they should know, that by buying items from $-shop they are supporting it's existence.

So who is wasting someone's time and spoiling the game? Person who supports $-shop, which spoils the game and wastes time of people who reasonably expect all game items being acquirable via in-game means in p2p model, or person who actually does something against all that $-shop business?

Refusing to play with certain players does not constitute harassment. The people spouting their BS anecdotal stories and the drama queens whining "leave them alone" are just pissed that there is nothing they can do to combat the player base itself when it rejects you.

Dear christ roasting on a spit.
    Left this thread this morning at like 1am, duster505 the op was talking shite, and using ridiculous and false i might add claims in order to try to add weight to his argument,

i return 19 hours later and he is still talking complete shite, cherry picking parts of posts to reply to, ignoring logical points and those founded in fact, and still acts as if his argument has any kind of sound basis.

What the actual fuck, seen people get committed for less than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    If people didn't want everyone to see what a shill they are for blizzard they shouldn't of joined LFG / LFR wearing their "I love to toss blizzards salad" helmet on.

I wouldn't want to play with those people either, would vote them off as well, as is my right. As much of a right you guys have to support disgusting business practice, I have more of a right to not play with you, let alone help you progress your character LOL, yea get real, get out of my groups I wont have it.
    So because they like the look of a certain item, means they love Blizzard?
    If you enter LFR/LFD, you agreed to be grouped with random people. If you don't like the people you get grouped with, you're free to leave. Forcing others to leave because you don't like something just shows you're an ass.

Enjoy your ban. I have seen two people banned thus far and my GM a warning of a 3 day ban if he continue to harass. Fraps will weed a lot of you out.
    HA, you and I both know this is false =). Keep dreaming buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    Ah yes but from the very logic shown by this thread its perfectly fine to harass you and insult you because your supporting something I don't like
    Do so. I'm not hurt. Come at me with your best shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    People who are underperforming are hurting current raid, people who buy $-shop items are hurting whole game, because they show Acti-Blizzard that $-shop is in demand.
    Here's a fun bit of logic...if part of the player base is showing blizzard that something is in demand, guess what? It is. The strength of that demand is equal to the aforementioned portion of the player base. Just because you aren't in that portion doesn't give you the right to punish the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Really the only part of this post that's worth acknowledgment. I tend to agree they've made their decision and they knew what they were getting into before they did - but they've changed course in the past so never say never. There's no harm in people expressing their opinion so long as they can do it without frothing at the mouth and harassing other players over it.
    All of the people in here against people enjoying the game because they can afford a lousy $15 are far outnumbered by people tweeting to the CM and GC, lots of happy people giving them good feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    If you enter LFR/LFD, you agreed to be grouped with random people. If you don't like the people you get grouped with, you're free to leave. Forcing others to leave because you don't like something just shows you're an ass.
    Getting booted from the group means the group decided they didnt want to play with you. If that hurts your feelings then you may have to grow up, I know it sucks, but it's gonna have to happen some day.

If people didn't want everyone to see what a shill they are for blizzard they shouldn't of joined LFG / LFR wearing their "I love to toss blizzards salad" helmet on.

I wouldn't want to play with those people either, would vote them off as well, as is my right. As much of a right you guys have to support disgusting business practice, I have more of a right to not play with you, let alone help you progress your character LOL, yea get real, get out of my groups I wont have it.
    You are aware that you're supporting it too by subbing? Don't think just because you didn't buy the helmet doesn't mean you don't play a part. They may be tossing the salad as you say but you're right there giving blizzard a nice rim job while you punch the other guy in the kidney. You may have given them what amounts to a month's sub less but you're still shoving money in blizzard's pockets every month!

Also what made it your group? Some wicked entitlement complex there.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

But simply kicking them might not even get the message across as to why. Unless you mention names in chat and actually say why you are going to vote kick how are any of them going to know it's because of the helm alone? They could think it was for any number of reasons. Even Blizzard, who monitor this stuff, will have no idea why those people were kicked unless a reason is specifically stated in the first place.
    I never vote kick anyone without stating why. And I would always make sure I told them why (in private), unless they are offline or AFK. Don't take me as a person of sloppy manners.

Deleted
    How on earth did this thread got to 111 pages so quickly ? Oo

HA, you and I both know this is false =). Keep dreaming buddy.
    Do you even play Wow? Anytime you harass someone Blizzard can choose to take actions. Obviously this is a touchy subject with numerous GM tickets opened. Chat logs are kept on file for months and can be instantly looked at. Think what you want but I think some people on here living in a different reality than most of us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    wonder how many additional helms this thread has sold? I want one now.
    It probably made more people buy it than it scared away from doing so.

Also, still no screenshot? Guess it really doesn't happen, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    And they are making the game worse (eventually) by promoting Blizzard and their policies of changing the game state (slowly but surely) towards something that I will no longer enjoy because of what is coming. How do I protest that? By making it known.
    Your version of "worse" is hypothetical and assumed. The degree to which you are making their gaming experience worse is substantial and real.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    So you enter metro, go into wagon and see some very smelly homeless person sleeping there. Wouldn't it be more wise to remove that smelly stranger from wagon rather than having people to avoid this wagon?

If you don't want to be grouped or deal with someone due to some such reason, leaving usually means surrender and helps nothing but rather promotes unwanted behavior.

I wasn't actually talking about you considering you claimed to not be kicking anyone because of the helms. Just because you might use some manners (something people in the game sorely need), it really does not mean others who might actually initiate the kick will.
    Oh I agree that there are people that will be doing things maliciously, I'm just not one of them.

Do you even play Wow? Anytime you harass someone Blizzard can choose to take actions. \
    Yea, thats right they can. You and I both know that anyone who was given a ban was , most likely, handed that ban because of volatile verbal harassment that was done WHILE kicking the player out of the group, not for the act of kicking from the group itself.

You being unable to parse the difference is not my problem. Doesn't change the fact of the matter, vote kicking people who you do not desire to play with is not a banable offense, no matter how much you wish it was lol.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    How on earth did this thread got to 111 pages so quickly ? Oo
    The entitlement crowd found something new to cry about. They believe because they are in a group that it is THEIR group, and want to kick anyone that doesn't agree with them. The sad part is that they are most likely baddies who are looking for someone to direct attention instead of their own selves. I have never seen any player in a high end guild act like this, looks like the baddies found something new to whine to blizz about because they are too poor and pathetic to afford $15.