Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    a nice little "trick" to avoid way point costs in the new area (can always use a low level character for super low costs as well), put all of your gold into your bank, withdraw that gold on a different character, now when you inevitably die by jumping you won't have to pay the way point fee.

Opened two of these achievements chests so far and they seem fairly useless. I got copper gathering tools [lol QD gathering], kil streak boosts and a crapton of PVP items I would have no use for.

Not sure this was a sensible way of handling the achievement rollouts. They could have just allowed players to cash in points for stuff they do find desirable. I just ended up deleting/vendoring all this stuff- which also has no point, as gold has no real use or desirability.

Not a big deal though. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    as gold has no real use or desirability.
    well if you don't think things in the gemstore are desireable, or new exotics for your alt B, C, D character... this would be true. Personally I want quite a bit of stuff which costs gold. The new Belcher's Bluff Minigame (the permanent one) costs 100g. Then there are bankslots, characterslots, bagslots, dyes, new items like the unlimited chopping axe... all that costs gold. Sure, it's just things which aren't useful when it comes to combat and character-power; but still desireable for a lot of people.

I think the reason why there is some PvP stuff in there: to lower the entry for new players trying out PvP and WvW. The WvW badges are also great for PvEers who dislike WvW, but still want a Legendary. Now they can work towards their Legendary with achievementpoints as replacement for killing players in WvW for 500 badges.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-07-11 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    well if you don't think things in the gemstore are desireable, or new exotics for your alt B, C, D character... this would be true.
    Personally, I have no expenses aside from travel or armor repair. But there is not even a lot desirable in terms of gameplay for the most part.

This is an example of a set of game systems that are mostly poorly developed. The secondary systems of Anet's games are chronically under developed over the course of the franchise.

Some of it seems like petty cash grabbing too.

The WvW badges are also great for PvEers who dislike WvW, but still want a Legendary. Now they can work towards their Legendary with achievementpoints as replacement for killing players in WvW for 500 badges.
    Indeed I think this is my favorite part about the achievement system.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The secondary systems of Anet's games are chronically under developed over the course of the franchise.

Some of it seems like petty cash grabbing too.
    I would feel that way if gold couldn't be turned into gems ingame... which is possible. I've never spend an Euro on gems, so I really don't see the cash grabbing part. Especially since nothing in the story is needed. It's awesome for convenience and skins though.

GW2s secondary systems have their own unique touch, some of that I haven't seen in any other game so far... so I would definitely miss it when playing an other MMO. Example: the "deposit" option for crafting mats directly to your bank-slots. Or like I mentioned the option to turn ingame gold into cash-shop currency. Yeah, some other games have improvements in certain areas, but we're getting there. We see huge improvements on a lot of "features" each month. We got aoe-looting not long ago and the lfg-tool comes soon. It's a young game with a lot of innovations, what more do you want?

The new achievement screen is pretty cool, the bazaar is pretty quick to run through to top and get a few achievements on the way while talking to npc's and doing the unique skills....I can't find where or how you do the bleeching other then the npc that prompts a note in your mail box....and the races are a little confusing because I kept jumping places in them from 1st to 9th and back and forth without really passing anyone

I actually don't like how the daily achievement pane is laid out now. I feel like I'm looking at files with mini-icons instead of a list version. Plus, I miss all of the "Mists" ones being at the bottom, now they're mixed in with everything else. I don't look at the other achievements enough for it to make a difference, but it's made picking out and tracking dailies more inconvenient, not less, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Is the new battleground chaotic? Havent tried it yet, seems like quite an accomplishment to get in... I tried get to join hotjoin games over and over but ended up stuck in spectator modes several times... even without choosing it... bug again?
    /
    The first time I did the sprint, it bugged and I was in spectator mode for some battleground.

I was so totally confused!

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I actually don't like how the daily achievement pane is laid out now. I feel like I'm looking at files with mini-icons instead of a list version. Plus, I miss all of the "Mists" ones being at the bottom, now they're mixed in with everything else. I don't look at the other achievements enough for it to make a difference, but it's made picking out and tracking dailies more inconvenient, not less, at least for me.
    but you can choose 10 to follow, the 5 with the most progress are shown on the top right side of the screen. There you have your list now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlderaiMischi View Post
    The new achievement screen is pretty cool, the bazaar is pretty quick to run through to top and get a few achievements on the way while talking to npc's and doing the unique skills....I can't find where or how you do the bleeching other then the npc that prompts a note in your mail box....and the races are a little confusing because I kept jumping places in them from 1st to 9th and back and forth without really passing anyone
    Skill nr.10 let's you skip to the next checkpoint, you can use it right after a checkpoint to skip to the next. Not sure where that skill can be found on the map though.

10+ Year Old Account
    but you can choose 10 to follow, the 5 with the most progress are shown on the top right side of the screen. There you have your list now.

- - - Updated - - -

Skill nr.10 let's you skip to the next checkpoint, you can use it right after a checkpoint to skip to the next. Not sure where that skill can be found on the map though.
    It's found on the blue "shield" bags

Having 10 to follow is nice (didn't know that), but it still doesn't change how I feel about the layout. I preferred the condensed list version instead of the bulky, meaningless purple-lighty-uppy icons. I also liked the simple check box instead of the eyeballs. What can I say, I feel like they added a bunch of bells and whistles where it wasn't needed (or wanted in my case).

10+ Year Old Account
    BIZARRE BAZAAR DEATHS REACH NEW HEIGHTS

The bazaar of the four winds has returned and citizens are reveling in the wonderment that is the flying market. It seems that many are so enamored with being like butterflies in the sky that they want to go twice as high. During the opening day alone, there were a reported five thousand deaths related to falling from extreme heights.

Merchants are clearly unhappy with the low amount of return customers caused by their sudden and seemingly uncaring plummet into Grenth’s arms. We caught up with a local trade merchant. “They’re just simply… oblivious to the danger of falling. It’s like they see something shiny and, ‘OOH, LOOK!’ and off they jump. Boop….. gone.”

No plans yet to erect any sort of safety net to stave off further fatalities.

http://orrator.com/post/55277832668/...h-new-heights#
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    ^

The Sanctum is perfectly taking the role such elf trees:

Zephyr-Sanctum, next stop: Somewhere in Shiverpeaks or Ascalon, where there is enough spiky stuff to get pierced.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    ^

The Sanctum is perfectly taking the role such elf trees:

Zephyr-Sanctum, next stop: Somewhere in Shiverpeaks or Ascalon, where there is enough spiky stuff to get pierced.
    Unless you get lucky and land softly in a snow bank

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sick new capture point pvp mode, owait.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Sick new capture point pvp mode, owait.
    maybe you can complain about it here one more time, maybe they will hear you

GDI not another domination map...

(happy doozer? )

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In other news, I'm really enjoying the PvE tokens I'm getting from chests!
    Maybe if they didn't have a separate currency for each dungeon. :P

Well, I've always hated the PvE and WvW/PvP interlace that exists in GW2. It doesn't seem like my dream of an MMO with completely separate PvE and PvP is ever going to be realized seemingly in my lifetime since I've already been waiting a decade for someone to do it and no one ever does. I guess more people like doing both than strictly doing one or the other, though that sucks for everyone else.