Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There is no value in people who think it would be acceptable to use cash to gain things in a game. These kinda people are far worse than any AFKer.
    You pretty much just described every single person who plays a subscription game. Or is the subscription fee you pay in order to play the game and gain virtual loot not real money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Because you're afraid of democracy except when you're wielding it. Gotcha.
    Rofl Called Street smarts. I simply was explaining that getting kicked from lfr takes the majority to vote you out because of this The VK is a democracy.

The alleyway was a bad analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Buying a vanity transmog items is "voting with your wallet" that you will pay extra for items outside of your subscription. It has been repeated over and over again in these threads that this is why people are angry and taking it out on people who have these helms, money influences Blizzard to continue on this path, and some people do not agree with that path.
    Repeating it over and over doesn't make it right. There is a genuinely worthy discussion to be had about the dangers of a cash store should blizz go down certain paths with it.

They haven't yet so there's no reason for the behavior now.

The people partaking haven't obtained any benefit, so there's no reason to mess with them.

If you wanted reasonable discussion, it's there to be had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Rofl Called Street smarts. I simply was explaining that getting kicked from lfr takes the majority to vote you out because of this The VK is a democracy
    So are the alleyway thugs taking your wallet, in your definition of democracy.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Exactly, we're doing these people a service. They lack the self control to responsibly spend their money. These items used to be included in the subscription. Now they're being sold for extra, so if we put a stop to this Blizzard will go back to giving us these items for "free". As the way it should be. You'll thank us one day guys.
    I'll do what I want with my money as will others or I can get my shit for free which was the helm. You aren't doing anyone a service LOL

what a joke

Well thank you alright. Well thank you for helping blizzard modify the kick tool because you thought you were making a difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    If I find out someone was kicked for having the helm i'm going to troll the living crap out of the group until it's over. I will do everything in my power to ensure that LFR/dungeon does not finish.

Than they kick you too problem sloved

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Blizzard can do what they want. It's not gonna stop me from protesting their itemshop. If they start banning people for it, then they'll just lose even more subscribers, considering how very disgruntled many people already seem to be.
    Yeah, you sound like you'd be a real loss to the WoW community.

Deleted
    Like I said before, it's asshole behavior and not the right way to approach this, but I really do wonder - what is? Blizzard claims that they put the items there because of player feedback (right..) yet now, the forums ARE actually on fire about these items, their ridiculous prices etc. If they are indeed taking notes, then there will be an announcement about changes to this, if not, then I will start seeing Blizzard as a newborn monster that disregards player feedback and just does whatever the hell it feels like. I'm sure the psychopathic suits at EA would approve of this existence, and the gaming industry will just keep getting worse and worse thanks to companies like these.

Anyway, this whole thing is saddening, and it sucks how the community is getting divided because of it, but what where they expecting when they implemented such a shop into a Pay to Play game? It will keep getting worse as they are adding new things, the stigma will keep growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    5 people are not the majority. 5 people are necessary to initiate the vote.
    The majority then clicks 'Yes' to get rid of the votekick-window in the middle of their screen.

That's a huge difference.
    If you find 5 people to start votekicks because of "LOL because I can", most of them probably will pass too.
    Nope, sorry there cubby. It takes the majority of people to click yes to the vote kick. So if you were in there, and you had a bunch of your little cash shop pro buddies, you would be the majority. That means the person wouldn't be kicked. Understand now?

If Blizz charging me for condiments bothered me, I'd either make do without, or eat somewhere else. I wouldn't spend my time ranting and raving in the dining area before dropping a load on other people's meals.

You chose a different path.
    Not dropping a load on your meal, just making you sit at a different table to eat it. Prob bro?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You pretty much just described every single person who plays a subscription game. Or is the subscription fee you pay in order to play the game and gain virtual loot not real money?
    You serious or trolling?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-20 at 09:18 PM.

If Blizz charging me for condiments bothered me, I'd either make do without, or eat somewhere else. I wouldn't spend my time ranting and raving in the dining area before dropping a load on other people's meals.

You chose a different path.
    But lets say, you really enjoy the food at this restaurant that charges for condiments, you just don't approve of them charging for them. If you let them know this, maybe they will change it and you will have no qualms about still eating there and giving them your money.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL I'm so glad I quit the game. 100+ pages about buying an ingame item that doesnt have a darn thing to do with anyone else in the game and does NOT alter the characters, or anyone elses playablility in any way or form.

I had Kindergarten Playground Battle Tactics that made more sense than this.

You don't approve of buying tings in a store? Fine, THEN DON'T BUY IT. Plain and simple. Society nowadays seem to think that whatever "offends" them needs to be carved in the skull of everyone else. For example. Im Athiest, my wife is Christian. I let her pray at the table but she knows better than to ask me to. I'll remain silent out of respect to her. I've been to her Baptism cause it was important to her. I thought the whole thing was a freakin joke.....but I went...out of respect to her.

Point is, if you don't like it, move on and let the ones who do enjoy it....enjoy it. Anywho I'm going back to play some more Arkham City where I don't have to worry about the kiddies being offended by what I bought...

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    You want to create a commotion that shows what the problem is. The only thing you're portraying is intolerance and immaturity by failing to use an appropriate or even relevant means.
    No. No. The Forums are the appropriate means but there has been no feedback as of late from anyone at Blizzard other than closing other threads and redirecting people to the main thread. The other way is to close your account (which a few people have done) and write a nice letter to them explaining why.

BUT! Most people want to continue to play this game, so they fight it out (still) on the forums and now in game. Where they will boycott players that are buying these items. That is NOT immature. There is no other means for players that are being ignored by the company and that company not engaging in any dialogue. What else is supposed to happen? The only other way is to make a commotion, to create a stir. Do you think it would be this bad if Blizzard had come out and tried to make a dialogue? Who knows, maybe yes, maybe no.

There is no intolerance. You are simply using words so common nowadays to create an imaginary emotion conjured up by you want to make those people out who DO have an issue with this as the "bad" guy. It isn't going to work.

10+ Year Old Account

So are the alleyway thugs taking your wallet, in your definition of democracy.

That would be defined as Crime

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There is no value in people who think it would be acceptable to use cash to gain things in a game. These kinda people are far worse than any AFKer.
    Go use [Hide] and stay in the corner.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Variety is the spice of life, and if blizz was a fast food joint they'd be charging you for the condiments.

That is a more apt comparison than all your analogies combined lawl.
    So based on that analogy, there are a lot of people in this thread who would condone spitting in the food of anyone who paid extra for condiments. Yeah, standup citizens right there sticking it to the man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Variety is the spice of life, and if blizz was a fast food joint they'd be charging you for the condiments.

That is a more apt comparison than all your analogies combined lawl.
    More like Blizzard giving you the option to purchase a fancy drink coaster for $15 made out of solid gold. I don't need it, it's useless, but I want it just to rub it in people's faces.

Because I have a lot of money and not a donating bone in my body, I'll buy whatever I want.

Than they kick you too problem sloved
    Pfft. Genuine LFR trolls are already very good at preventing kicks since triggering combat and not letting it end is trivial. It can take a half an hour to kick a real disruptive troll if they do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Yeah, you sound like you'd be a real loss to the WoW community.
    The shining beacon in the darkness that is the wow community amirite lol.

That would be defined as Crime
    Just as your "protest" is defined as harassment.