Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[Movies] Batman & Superman: World's Finest

A live-action World's Finest movie has been set for 2015, it will feature the team up of Batman and Superman (MoS incarnation).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...t-comic-589521
    http://www.craveonline.com/film/arti...-movie-in-2015

WB is also planning on doing a Flash movie 2016, and finally Justice League in 2017.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2013-07-22 at 07:05 AM.

That's cool and all...but WTB [Wonder Woman], pst.

Evidently, Snyder had Harry Lennix come out and use this quote after introducing it:
    I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you.
    Though he says it'll be inspired by The Dark Knight Returns, not an adaptation of it.

Co-writer of Man of Steel will write script for the sequel as well ... hm, hm, hm, hm, hm.

Can't say I am happy about that.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Co-writer of Man of Steel will write script for the sequel as well ... hm, hm, hm, hm, hm.

Can't say I am happy about that.
    Wasn't the co-writer Christopher Nolan? As David S Goyer wrote the screenplay as well as main writer credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Wasn't the co-writer Christopher Nolan? As David S Goyer wrote the screenplay as well as main writer credits.
    I don't know ... based on the link

David Goyer, who co-wrote Man of Steel, will write the script. Rumors of the team-up movie have been circulating Comic-Con for a couple of days.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I don't know ... based on the link
    Ah, Well... hopefully he's learned enough from Nolan to create convincing material himself then. He's put out some terrible stories/scripts in the past, but also some great ones and worked on all 3 newer Batman movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    ......Holy balls of awesomeness Batman!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Sounds interesting.

If they use the MoS superman, will they use the Dark Knight Batman? Or make a new version closer to the comics? As fun as Nolan's films are, I'd love to see a live action batman closer to the comics/animatedmovies.

And though I'm not much of a Superman fan, he's at least tolerable when sharing the screen with other heroes, so it should be interesting.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    2015 will cure cancer with the amount of money it'll make from us nerds. Holy hell that will be the best year ever for movies. I'm hoping I can see them all in IMAX, without the 3D... Fuck yes I can't wait for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Sounds interesting.

If they use the MoS superman, will they use the Dark Knight Batman? Or make a new version closer to the comics? As fun as Nolan's films are, I'd love to see a live action batman closer to the comics/animatedmovies.

And though I'm not much of a Superman fan, he's at least tolerable when sharing the screen with other heroes, so it should be interesting.
    Bale said he didn't want to reprise his Batman again, course between now and then it could be different. I'd like to see JGL take over, myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know why they always announce movies and then say itll be 4 or 5 years till it comes out. Most movie shoots only take 4 to 6 months on average and editing cant take more than another 6 months to a year, so why does it take them so long to put out a movie? I just think they like to piss off people by making them wait longer than they need to

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Sounds interesting.

It's sounding like it will be a new Batman based off the Dark Knight Returns comics. (where batman beats up Superman)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont know why they always announce movies and then say itll be 4 or 5 years till it comes out. Most movie shoots only take 4 to 6 months on average and editing cant take more than another 6 months to a year, so why does it take them so long to put out a movie? I just think they like to piss off people by making them wait longer than they need to
    For World's Finest it is coming out in 2015 (so about 2), and it honestly takes about 2 years for production and post-production of big budget movies. Development can take awhile as well or not take anytime at all (World's Finest development seems quick but for example Warcraft...That was stuck in development/pre-production hell for a while)

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I'd like to see JGL take over, myself.
    I'd personally prefer if they distance themselves from Nolan's Batman as much as possible. People are already going to have enough of a "why reboot so soon" mentality as it is (like they did with Spider-Man) and I don't think holding anything over from Nolan's version will do them any favors.

Hell, it would even be awesome if they finally put Batman in a cloth/leather suit, as opposed to the armor we've seen in the movies so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    It's sounding like it will be a new Batman based off the Dark Knight Returns comics. (where batman beats up Superman)

- - - Updated - - -

For World's Finest it is coming out in 2015 (so about 2), and it honestly takes about 2 years for production and post-production of big budget movies. Development can take awhile as well or not take anytime at all (World's Finest development seems quick but for example Warcraft...That was stuck in development/pre-production hell for a while)
    Returns huh? The MoS Superman doesn't really look like he'd compare well with the Superman they had in that. Not to mention how up in arms fan boys of both characters would get if they get into a conflict. Not to mention how one-sided Returns was for the guy. I'll be a Batman fan over Superman anyday, but it really did make Superman look like an ass.

Then again, if Batman goes off and kills Joker, that'd be fun to see. If not, I hope they don't play off the "I'm not a killer" angle for Batman.

Batman: "Hey... Hey, Clark... You remember that time you killed one of your own? Or those innocent people who were most likly killed off in your conflict with him? Yeah, because... I don't do that..."

Superman: "Not NOW!"
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

I don't like The Dark Knight Returns. It was made by a Batman writer, (Frank Miller) that really didn't understand Superman.

A World's Finest movie is something I very much want to see though. I just hope they don't make Superman into a douche.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should freaking stick to the original moralities of the characters. NOT the freaking Frank Miller version. UGH
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

As long as Christian Bale is in, it has a chance, no matter the writer.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That's cool and all...but WTB [Wonder Woman], pst.
    Justice League will be coming in 2017.

where the fucks my batman beyond movie
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552