Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Same godamn reason you are in a thread about people who quit WoW when you haven't. Theres more to talk about then WoW on this forum.
    Clearly this is the best place to go for things like peoples opinions on race relations, the government, abortion.... It also represents other games quite well too.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Clearly this is the best place to go for things like peoples opinions on race relations, the government, abortion.... It also represents other games quite well too.
    In general it is, I get more usefull news about the world then I get on my local newstation. Someone in politics needs to fart and I'l be reading about it on MMOC 10 mins after it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boredom, lobby-based game. Still look back on it very fondly, but the magic is gone... oh, yeah... those CRAP graphics.

Most of the guildies I loved playing with all left the game too.

Friends quit, dailies, unable to raid outside LFR due to time constraints, community is garbage, bored, etc.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What drove me away this time was the fact that I was paying to play a game that didn't reward me for playing. The game rewards new comers and people who quit and come back rather than people who have been loyal. So, I'm quitting until the next big "recruitment/plea" to get back players with some kind of reward.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much a combo of some of what's been said already for me.

Guild had a falling out, stopped raiding. Friends quit, I had done dailies to death and had nothing more to do besides LFR. Still in the guild but I just didn't have it in me to leave and go find another. My realm's kinda dying anyways and I don't really wanna spend any extra cash just to move my characters unless a free realm transfer happens.

Even then I don't really wanna play because it'll just feel like a quest to get better epics and that's gotten old for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    Anyone else here would consider coming back to WoW if Blizz put out a Vanilla server, and price would be like half of current, don't know. I'd atleast try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuboid View Post

5. The community is unfriendly and full of people who are rude, disrespectful and who generally make the game toxic. The default behavior of players these days is to act like a douchebag thanks to the lack of consequences afforded by the ability to queue using dungeon finder, LFR etc. Back in the day you still had this kind of behavior from time to time, but generally people were more friendly, helpful and easy to get along with because if you became the douchebag of the server, nobody would play with you.
    That seems to be the case for me. I only started playing WOW when WOTLK was already out, actually Ulduar was already out when I started playing, but I got to feel this feel of community : I started leveling a prot warrior, but only got him to around lvl 40, then I switched to a Warlock, I got my Warlock all the way to lvl 80 and realized I did not like the idea of DPS in raids. So I went back to my Warrior, by the time I got to 80 and started Heroics to gear up to be a tank I ran into people that had my character in their friend lists because they liked how I tanked and how I behaved.

That is completely gone now, you can hit lvl 90 without talking to a living person at all. I love the game and the lore, but it has been changed to give everybody fast epics, mounts and cool stuff to keep people paying to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    People who left Wow are not Wow haters... thats a misconception.

Most still love Wow... they just dont like it enough right now to sub to the game.
    I agree with Endem, Most people who quit still love Warcraft in general they may just not like the direction of game & were it is currently going.

There so many factors that could be in play here, but the main reasoning is so many people still love Warcraft in general & they care about the game with also expressing there opinion. Just because you quit doesn't mean you can't talk about it with other fans, Warcraft is more than just a game it a community of players & highly successful franchise that even if your not playing WoW you can still be a fan & check on it time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoukan View Post
    This. Everything getting casual is sickening.
    Ya I dislike everything getting casualized aswell, I'm basically in a bind where I play WoW retail or play WoW private servers. Those are the only viable options for me.

I could never move on to another MMO that is currently live & released because in my opinion there all shit & bland, mostly just a bad copy of WoW.

Wildstar & Final Fantasy 14 looks good, but WoW will always have a place in my heart could pull me back very easily, if things I love are done.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-07-20 at 10:50 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamidroon View Post
    The splitting up of my guild. Couldn't be bothered to find another raiding guild. Came back halfway in MoP nonetheless.
    Pretty much the same thing here.

Everything after Wrath of the Lich King.

The fact that it's not a MMORPG anymore.

All my friends quit the game so I didn't see a point in continue playing by myself. Also visiting this place became part of my daily Internet routine so I keep checking what happens in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies and no new dungeons. I'm sick of dailies in any game now, on top of that no new dungeons at all. Dungeons are what i spend most of my time doing and the lack of new ones just made me lose interest. Scenarios are just instanced quests and extremely shit.

I simply don't like the way the game is headed (or has been headed for the past two expansions)

they botched the ret paladin class for me during that opening patch for cata which was my bread and butter for bc/wrath pvp... it took me so long to get back into it with 3.3.5 private servers but im having a blast like old times now.

Bliz thinking that they know best about everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I canceled my account in March and haven't considered going back yet. The biggest reason is that no amount of new content can make up for the fact that the game is nearly a decade old. I got years of enjoyment out of it and look back on it fondly, I never trash the game to anyone, still encourage people to play it even. It's just not for me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Bored after:
    9 years of playing WOW
    3 years of WC 3
    1 year of WC 1&2 (didn't play them as much as WC3+expansion)

Although I would still have an active account if Pandaria wasn't so Chinese themed. Honestly I'll play a Chinese game if I wanted a Chinese experience.

What will blizzard need to do to get me back, go back to Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Yeah? You enjoyed everything else about the game, was raiding it up, had a few alts, enjoyed farming items and gold, had good times with your guild and friends, the whole nine yards, and then they introduced a shop for vanity items, and that just made you quit the game right there? Even though it had basically existed since vanilla with the wow TCG?

This has to be ironic, my mind can't deal with someone existing who can say something like this genuinely.
    Yah, lots of Morons in here.

By moron leaving because of something that helps someone else enjoy the game, which actually doesn't change a thing for you. If that is why you left we don't want you.

ie people complaining about vanity items in the blizzard store, LFG/LFR

Sorry thous where the right choice for WOW, hell kept me in the game an extra expansion. I was already bored with WOW by the end of Wrath, I stayed in after my raid guild crashed due to internal stupidness. because of LFR, otherwise I would have just left the game.

Deleted
    Simple really, friends quit and came back, then friends quit again. Stuck with my guild though, everyone is getting bored/tired, so, with the summer ahead, we've gone on a hiatus. I still love to keep up with WoW things, but I'll not be coming back if the guild is gone as well.

Was never really about the game, more the people that caused me to quit.