10+ Year Old Account

Need a macro for Demo. Meta + Doom.

Basically I'm looking for a macro that I can spam click without any negative repercussions that I can hit as soon as UVLS procs in Demo. I need it to interrupt my current cast, go into Metamorphosis, then use Doom, and every click from there forth will cast Doom without removing me from Metamorphosis form, until I manually take myself out of Meta, in which case the next time I click it it'll put me back into Meta and cast Doom again. If that makes sense. Also a nice addition would be having the tooltip show Doom whilst in Meta form, and show Meta while in caster form, if that's possible.

Basically what I've got right now, which doesn't work, is this:

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /use Metamorphosis
    /use Doom

It shows me the tooltip for Meta 100% of the time.
    First click: Stops my current cast (as intended), casts Meta, doesn't cast Doom
    Second click: If within 99 milliseconds of first click casts Doom. Else takes me straight back out of Meta and casts Corruption.
    Third click: Takes me out of Meta and casts Corruption.

Iirc, the way to fix it taking me out of Meta is to put an exclamation mark at the start, which indicates to only go INTO meta, not take me out, but idr if that's right or not.

Deleted
    /stop casting
    /cast [stance:0] Metamorphosis
    /cast corruption

Works great for me hopefully will for you too

10+ Year Old Account
    /use commands only work when you're trying to use a trinket or a potion. Basically, items.

What you're trying to macro are spells, and thus need a /cast command. In which case the above should work.

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip corruption
    /stopcasting
    /cast !Metamorphosis
    /cast corruption

This should work

What does the "!" infront of Meta do?

Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    /use commands only work when you're trying to use a trinket or a potion. Basically, items.

What you're trying to macro are spells, and thus need a /cast command. In which case the above should work.
    For spells, /use is the same as /cast. I prefer /use because it is shorter.

The "!" means that meta is only activated, so you can still use the macro within meta without cancelling the form.
    Pretty useful for macroing aoe spells, making them spammable without the green circle disappearing
    <Prepull> Frostmane EU
    Monk
    DK
    YouTube
    Twitch

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /use [form:0]Metamorphosis;[form:1]
    /use [@boss1] corruption

You can change the boss1 to boss2/boss3/etc depending on the fight (like Council, Megara heads, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /use [form:0]Metamorphosis;[form:1]
    /use [@boss1] corruption
    I think the bold part of your macro is superfluous.

Personally, I think Niberion's macro seems like the most robust and elegant. I use one similar to both of these as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    #showtooltip corruption
    /stopcasting
    /cast !Metamorphosis
    /cast corruption

This should work
    Is it just me or when you use !Metamorphosis, while it's active and out of cd, it goes on cooldown again?

Quote Originally Posted by Zargul View Post
    I think the bold part of your macro is superfluous.

Personally, I think Niberion's macro seems like the most robust and elegant. I use one similar to both of these as well.
    His is fine for use if you are going to be only using doom on one target. But for multi target fights the boss1/boss2/boss3 macro's are more efficient if you are trying to get as many dooms out while ULVS is proc'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifonology
    s it just me or when you use !Metamorphosis, while it's active and out of cd, it goes on cooldown again?
    I actually have never used the "!" method for this but it seems shorter and more elegant. If it is causing problems, you can always use the [stance:0] or [form:0] version instead. I haven't had any problem with those.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    His is fine for use if you are going to be only using doom on one target. But for multi target fights the boss1/boss2/boss3 macro's are more efficient if you are trying to get as many dooms out while ULVS is proc'd.
    For that purpose I use a [@mouseover] macro and just hover quickly over each boss frame. I actually tend to use [@mouseover] on all my instant cast spell macros.

I'm not at my wow computer right now but if memory serves, this is roughly the macro that I personally use:

Code:
    #showtooltip [mod:alt]metamorphosis: doom; corruption
    /stopcasting [mod:alt]
    /cast [mod:alt, stance:0] metamorphosis
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] corruption

bit of a necro but leaving a comment so i can find it when i get home ).