Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[Movies] The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

The Avengers 2 now has a name, and Ultron is the big villain.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/...iddleston-loki

It was also revealed that Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers 2 will feature Thanos

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-gua...illains/all/1/

More news, Vin Diesel may join the Avengers as, Vision.
    http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2013/07/...playing-vision - This is just a RUMOR, not complete truth.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2013-07-22 at 05:27 PM.

Even more news: It's rumored that Vin Diesel will join the Avengers as the character "Vision".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Not a joke.

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2013/07/...playing-vision

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibu View Post
    Even more news: It's rumored that Vin Diesel will join the Avengers as the character "Vision".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Not a joke.

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2013/07/...playing-vision

Good lord.... of all people. >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    if Vinnie D joins in i think Marvel will have jumped the proverbial shark. he can't act. he's awful, so unless this Vision guy's super power is just eye sight i would advise Joss Whedon to think clearly.
    Hi

Still just rumours.

Vin Diesel playing robotic humanoid, mostly incapable of emoting? I can see that happening.

I really hope they add in the Wasp, honestly the Avengers needs some more females thrown into the cast. (Whedon also originally had her in the Avengers script before he was sure if Scarlet Johanson would return as Black Widow) She'd be a great addition anyways.

Lol Leave Vin Diesel alone, the dude isnt that terrible xD.

I enjoy the riddick movies, am i the only one?

I don't have any particular problems with Vin Diesel but he's a guy who just doesn't have a lot of breadth and alot of it has to do with his build and voice. There are just some roles that don't fit him.

For instances he's not going to make a good Mr. Fantastic it just doesn't fit for him.

In this case I think it could work just so long as they don't use his actual voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vin Diesel doesn't even need to hardly act as Vision, The Vision is an android and very monotone, to be honest its just as good as getting Arnold Schwarzenegger to play the Terminator, it will work.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

That's so depressing. They're using Ultron as the main villain and featuring Thanos? What the fuck man, come on! At least now we know why they're doing Ant Man. With a villain like Ultron I don't see why they need anyone other than Thor, he can solo him.

I can only hope now that they're saving his role as the big bad villain for Avengers 3.

Edit: Except apprently Whedon said Hank Pym won't create Ultron. Hmm, your move Whedon.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-07-22 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    I actually really like Vin Diesel, and having him play Vision would work.

Thanos doesn't seem like a shocker considering they're already drawing on him a little in the Guardians comic. And if I remember right Bendis said Guardians was going to run right into the movie so... we shall see.

I don't mind Vin Diesel as Vision, even as rumor. I think they've done a good job overall in their casting of each character (hero and villain alike).

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That's so depressing. They're using Ultron as the main villain and featuring Thanos? What the fuck man, come on! At least now we know why they're doing Ant Man. With a villain like Ultron I don't see why they need anyone other than Thor, he can solo him.

I can only hope now that they're saving his role as the big bad villain for Avengers 3.

Edit: Except apprently Whedon said Hank Pym won't create Ultron. Hmm, your move Whedon.
    In some incarnations like the canceled cartoon "Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes", Thor could not solo Ultron. Similar how like "Silver Age Superman" is ridiculously OP. It all depends how powerfull they make Ultron or Avengers powerhouses like Hulk & Thor.
    In the Avengers cartoon he used a beam to temporarily neutralize Hulk by changing him back to Banner, or in "The Next Avengers" movie where Ultron basically kicks Hulks ass, only for Pym's son to aggrivate Hulk enough to make Hulk stronger to beat Ultron.

And seeing how in some incarnations Hulk is as strong/stronger than Thor. That says something.

Again, depends how strong they make Ultron compared to current Marvelverse Hulk & Thor.

Thanos is probably being saved for 3. It makes sense to end with the biggest baddie they can.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    In some incarnations like the canceled cartoon "Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes", Thor could not solo Ultron. Similar how like "Silver Age Superman" is ridiculously OP. It all depends how powerfull they make Ultron or Avengers powerhouses like Hulk & Thor.
    In the Avengers cartoon he used a beam to temporarily neutralize Hulk by changing him back to Banner, or in "The Next Avengers" movie where Ultron basically kicks Hulks ass, only for Pym's son to aggrivate Hulk enough to make Hulk stronger to beat Ultron.

And seeing how in some incarnations Hulk is as strong/stronger than Thor. That says something.

Again, depends how strong they make Ultron compared to current Marvelverse Hulk & Thor.
    Changing The Hulk back to Banner is simple. One of Ultron's powers is energy absorption, so all he has to do is absorb the gamma radiation. The only version of Hulk that might be stronger than Thor is World Breaker, and Thor could probably still kill him with the God Blast.

I'm aware that different continuities are different, and they'll likely take the safe route and keep Thor's strength level around 100 tons in the cinematic universe, as opposed to most of the comics where it's more like in the 5+ quintillion tons range. And they'll also probably buff Ultron to compensate for Thor.

It still annoys me. Because I'd much rather see the characters portrayed more like their comic book versions.

Changing The Hulk back to Banner is simple. One of Ultron's powers is energy absorption, so all he has to do is absorb the gamma radiation. The only version of Hulk that might be stronger than Thor is World Breaker, and Thor could probably still kill him with the God Blast.

I'm aware that different continuities are different, and they'll likely take the safe route and keep Thor's strength level around 100 tons in the cinematic universe, as opposed to most of the comics where it's more like in the 5+ quintillion tons range. And they'll also probably buff Ultron to compensate for Thor.

It still annoys me. Because I'd much rather see the characters portrayed more like their comic book versions.
    Have comics changed that much? Back when I was reading, Hulk was almost ALWAYS depicted as stronger than Thor, but Thor was a more skilled fighter, which put them on pretty much even terms. And likewise, back when I was reading, Hulk was nigh unkillable...I know at one point he was at ground zero of a nuke detonation and THAT barely phased him. And Ultron was a pretty major Avengers villain for a long time, despite the presence of Hulk and Thor, so...yeah, pretty sure they can make that work.

As for Vin, his range may be limited, but playing Vision would be doable I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Have comics changed that much? Back when I was reading, Hulk was almost ALWAYS depicted as stronger than Thor, but Thor was a more skilled fighter, which put them on pretty much even terms. And likewise, back when I was reading, Hulk was nigh unkillable...I know at one point he was at ground zero of a nuke detonation and THAT barely phased him. And Ultron was a pretty major Avengers villain for a long time, despite the presence of Hulk and Thor, so...yeah, pretty sure they can make that work.

As for Vin, his range may be limited, but playing Vision would be doable I'd think.
    From what I understand, Thor usually holds back against the Hulk and he would NEVER use the God Blast against him. If they're fighting it's usually a case of the Hulk isn't in his right mind and Thor is just trying to do damage control. It's not like Thor is fighting to kill the Hulk. And nukes are small potatoes to both Thor and the Hulk. Both have survived planet destroying explosions or equivalent forces several times.

The only times I know of that Thor's used the God Blast, once it broke Mjolnir, and the other time it nearly killed Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Thanos is probably being saved for 3. It makes sense to end with the biggest baddie they can.
    You think they'd end after three movies?

to people saying Vin Diesel couldnt play an Android.

REMEMBER HE DID VOICE THIS GUY.

Bow down before our new furry overlords!