Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Gosh i sure would hate to be the poor sods who have to guard orgrimmar while the alliance fleet sails away

Seriously guys this isnt gonna happen they aint gonna leave any force to baby sit the horde

The alliance is not America after WW2 it does not have the strength after years after years of fighting to keep watch over the horde capital and i will guarantee if they leave any and i do mean any alliance soldiers in org and let them be attackable like gamon then iam gonna spend my whole time during the next xpav ganking the living fuck out of them!
    The Nightelves actually would have the strength to do that. They have their own capital und suply near, they have not been involved in any big battle beside ashenvale and they have recently got back gods and demi gods.

They even have a back entrence to Orgrimmar near Ashenvale.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    The Nightelves actually would have the strength to do that. They have their own capital und suply near, they have not been involved in any big battle beside ashenvale and they have recently got back gods and demi gods.
    Bah most of there demigods are neutral just like malfurion.

Deleted
    Bah most of there demigods are neutral just like malfurion.
    Nothing new for the Alliance actually, most of our Characters used to be Neutral -.-"

Deleted
    Gosh i sure would hate to be the poor sods who have to guard orgrimmar while the alliance fleet sails away

Seriously guys this isnt gonna happen they aint gonna leave any force to baby sit the horde

The alliance is not America after WW2 it does not have the strength after years after years of fighting to keep watch over the horde capital and i will guarantee if they leave any and i do mean any alliance soldiers in org and let them be attackable like gamon then iam gonna spend my whole time during the next xpav ganking the living fuck out of them!
    Isnt lorewise Alliance the stroger faction now that the horde effectively decimated itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Isnt lorewise Alliance the stroger faction now that the horde effectively decimated itself?
    Yes it is. Blizzard wants to show that next xpac as well, but I don't know if I should trust them on that.

Since the horde is probably going to get a cinematic for picking a new warchief, i kind of want a cinematic about alliance plans for the future or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yes it is. Blizzard wants to show that next xpac as well, but I don't know if I should trust them on that.
    I better hope they show it, and not just in quest text like someone saying "we are stronger now, durr"
    We had our time as the underdogs, time to fucking shine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I won't ... still waiting for that "Fist pumping moment"
    Still seeing the hord egtting extremly cool stories though they are on the losing side.
    Still don't seen ANY story developing for the allaiance being somehwat interesting .... thy tyrande moment was phantic, the dwarf moment was absolutely short compared to what the hord gets, again ....

No I have lost any faith in that matter

You kill some die hard loyalists and a whacked out leader thats it

Did you kill many belfs, Trolls, Tauren, Forsaken, Gobbos in the raid

You didnt did you so i cant see how you thin you are still the stronger faction

FFS the alliance doesnt have that many people if it did then varian wouldnt need to eat out moira to get dwarf support

Deleted
    You kill some die hard loyalists and a whacked out leader thats it

Did you kill many belfs, Trolls, Tauren, Forsaken, Gobbos in the raid

You didnt did you so i cant see how you thin you are still the stronger faction

FFS the alliance doesnt have that many people if it did then varian wouldnt need to eat out moira to get dwarf support
    Orcs are like 50% of the horde's combined strenght.
    We got to wipe out their most elite soldiers plus their leaders, also the trolls got hit hard. so yeap.

We got to wipe out their most elite soldiers plus their leaders, so yeap.
    So if we kill the whole 7th legion does that mean we beat the alliance?

Also numbers is worthless in this game cause blizz pulls out numbers when in reality most of the races in azeroth should be instinct by now!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I wouldn't expect to see Tyrande go bloodthirsty after A Little Patience. Tyrande respects Varian as a leader, even more so now since he showed her he knew what he was doing. And not to be that guy, but not once have I ever considered the elves 'bloodthirsty.' All throughout the warcraft series, they were protecting what was theirs, not going out hunting anything that may roam their forests.

On top of this, Varian has shown how silly mistakes like rushing headlong into battle against an enemy that is trying to draw them into a trap costs the Alliance many victories. I would expect to see a lot less headstrong bull rushes from the night elves now, not more.
    I never said I want them to be bloodthirsty. I'm expecting them to continue protecting what was theirs, as you said. That's what I think is currently lacking in WoW. They've got so much land that could be theirs, and they're not taking the opportunity to reclaim any of it. Surely protecting what is rightfully theirs means going to absolutely any extremes necessary to ensure the survival of their people... whether through bloodshed of the Horde or walking all over Mr. Neutral boy Malfurion.

Also, a lot of the 7th Legion and its commanders were killed in the attack on Theramore... so there's already been a big hit on that front.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2013-07-23 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Avoided double posting

So if we kill the whole 7th legion does that mean we beat the alliance?

Also numbers is worthless in this game cause blizz pulls out numbers when in reality most of the races in azeroth should be instinct by now!
    Extinct. They would be extinct by now.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We got to wipe out their most elite soldiers plus their leaders, also the trolls got hit hard. so yeap.
    They are not the majority. In Orgrimmar maybe, but not the Horde. There are many other races that make up the Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioichi View Post
    They are not the majority. In Orgrimmar maybe, but not the Horde. There are many other races that make up the Horde.
    There are indeed many races that make up the Horde, but the orcs have always comprised the bulk of the entire force, until now that is. Excluding the undead Forsaken, all other races are few in numbers (Unless they recently started growing rapidly). The same can be said about the humans and the Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    There are indeed many races that make up the Horde, but the orcs have always comprised the bulk of the entire force, until now that is. Excluding the undead Forsaken, all other races are few in numbers (Unless they recently started growing rapidly). The same can be said about the humans and the Alliance.
    The Horde has one problem: Their major fighthing force is built out of Orcs and Forsaken while the forsaken are not realy trustworthy.
    While with teh Alliance their major forces are made of Humans and Nighelves, who have a strong interest in puting the Horde down aswell.

That being said I would be surprised if the Forkasen would realy play a role in the Siege, I am pretty sure they will stand outside watching what happens.

Deleted
    What matters is the most esteemed leaders of the horde's armies are now dead along with their army's core elite. The horde is literally in shambles. At least the horde of Kalimdor. The forsaken and blood elves are not that badly hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Goblins allways breed like rabbits. Its natural, to counter them exploding all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    What in the world could be more "flexing" than marching through the enemy capital and leave with showing mercy, saying "The alliance does not need to kill and burn everything, we are better than you could ever be."

If it really plays out like that, which by the way no one of us knows right now, you couldn't humiliate and flex more in the face of an orc who worships honor more than anything.
    Whatisthisidonteven...

The point of the Alliance existing, and having an army, is not to humiliate orcs and grandstand about their moral superiority. It's to secure geopolitical influence and power.

To answer your question, the alliance could flex by enforcing an Alliance 'peace keeping' force (along with permanent military bases in Durotar) upon the divided and vulnerable Horde. Nobody is saying the Alliance need kill and burn everything; but if they are in Orgrimmar with an upper hand... then yes, it's retarded for them to 'turn the other cheek'.

As a Horde myself I'd prefer resisting an Alliance occupation, than working with the Alliance, high fiving them, and watching them leave us to regroup and meet them on equal terms later.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of individuals the Orcs are the complete majority of the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

The same can be said about the humans and the Alliance.
    Well almost said, when you consider the Dwarves.

Deleted
    Exactly. Traditionally, and in spirit, the Horde has always been the unified Orcish clans, just like The Alliance have been the unified Human kingdoms. They've both had allies joining, like the Forest Trolls or the Wildhammer Dwarves, but their numbers and influence never came remotely close to that of the Orcs and Humans respectively.

People may want to deny it, but this game, this (expanded) universe, will always be Orcs vs. Humans.