Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    I've noticed that people in dungeons and/or lfr have gotten worse about blaming tanks/healers for wipes or for not doing things properly. I for one hate running heroics on a tank and have the dps pull trash for me, and then the dps will complain if they die from pulling mobs. Lets the tanks(or healers) do their jobs they queue up for!
    Whenever I've seen dps pull, and whenever I as a DPS have done it, it's always because the tank specifically was NOT doing his job.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try never to call attention to how bad I am as a player, but when i do get critizied I do two things

1) I ignore the critic so i never have to run with them again
    2) I immediately research what my error was and how I could fix it.

If dungeons were like vanilla with a maze of trash and huge rooms that are just full of pointless pulls.... I'd be mad about players pulling extras. Now though it's basically if it's in the way you probably have to kill it (with maybe 30 mobs in all the dungeons in MOP total that can be skipped as they don't act as a lock to a door)

IF the group can handle the big pulls, why waste time going one pack at a time? IF the group can bring in more mobs and get the tank as the top aggro for everything and still safely blast them into nonexistance... why complain about how they were brought in?

Sometimes you just get the really shit people. I've had it before and I've seen a lot of the bad attitude people are usually people from the same guild that queued together. Anybody else ever notice that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    Whenever I've seen dps pull, and whenever I as a DPS have done it, it's always because the tank specifically was NOT doing his job.
    yep me too, and it's honestly been years since I've seen another DPS ever pull so much for the tank on purpose that it causes a wipe.

It's a shame that a lot of tank's first reaction is to get upset, even though all that's changed is someone else has pulled and the mobs died just fine. And the instance maybe went just slightly faster than how they were handling pulling. GOD FORBID -_-

My main is a tank and even though people say it's rare, you get this all the time.
    I tend to check out my healer when I start, if I don't know them. If they outgear the content I pull big and I keep going.
    If they don't outgear it I pull each group at a time, as soon as the last mob drops I'm running again.
    The difference in run time is usually no more than 3 minutes.

If I have a healer or DPS who is getting impatient, huffy, or snippy with me, I usually sit down and say "think I'll rest here a moment", let them rage, have my laugh. With any luck they ragequit and if they don't then just ignore them.

The only thing that gets to me is if a healer and DPS run ahead (like rooms ahead) of me while I'm tanking a group of mobs, let me die because I was unwilling to pull more, scream at me that I suck and "l2play" and then try to initiate a vote kick. I couldn't care less if you think I'm slow because it took me an extra five seconds to do something, it's practically no time at all.

This is ultimately why there are so few tanks, and why those who do tank take no bullshit from anyone. The community is absolutely toxic, and in these cases where tanks get told off and insulted for not chain pulling, over a matter of mere minutes.

Just ignore it. You will get used to it if you ignore it and wont care later.

This is what Wrath and Mists has done to us. It's turned us into a bunch of impatient jerks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    yep me too, and it's honestly been years since I've seen another DPS ever pull so much for the tank on purpose that it causes a wipe.

It's a shame that a lot of tank's first reaction is to get upset, even though all that's changed is someone else has pulled and the mobs died just fine. And the instance maybe went just slightly faster than how they were handling pulling. GOD FORBID -_-
    I've seen it happen more than four times in the last month alone. Both as a healer and a tank for the instance. So it does happen.

(Yes I know someone will probably call me bad but you only have so many tank cooldowns and you can't do anything to heal a tank while CC'ed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    I've seen it happen more than four times in the last month alone. Both as a healer and a tank for the instance. So it does happen.

(Yes I know someone will probably call me bad but you only have so many tank cooldowns and you can't do anything to heal a tank while CC'ed)
    This is what I run into as a healer ALL the time.

Idiot DPS runs off to pull while tank's waiting for CD's.
    Mobs run EVERYWHERE because no one has aggro.
    Healer (me) gets silenced/stunned/otherwise CCed because tank's CDs aren't up yet to effectively grab the mobs that are all the hell over the room.
    DPS dies because I'm CC'ed.
    "god heelr n tnak u suk y u no pul fastor n heel mi"
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Pick up skinning and herbalism as a tank. Skin and herb everything. Tell them you are not going to out level the gathering nodes of your level.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    This is what Wrath and Mists has done to us. It's turned us into a bunch of impatient jerks.
    Indeed. I would rollback to Vanilla/BC dungeon, to see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed people are duchebags. But the reality is, it's only a handful of morons that ruin it for others. You'll never remember the hundreds of people you played with that were polite or just generally quiet but one duchebag can ruin a night.

I have reluctantly started tanking for my guild and I find the best way to get good at is when people do stupid stuff in dungeons. For example last night in a run some gnome dk started to pull everything and I tried my ass off to get the adds off him (he didn't die but I wouldn't really care if he did). Take these people on as a challenge and if it fails and they have a little nerd rage on you, quit that group, dust yourself off and move on. Experience and getting better at your class is what will make tanking fun and if you still don't like it stop doing it because the game is meant to be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    This is what I run into as a healer ALL the time.

Idiot DPS runs off to pull while tank's waiting for CD's.
    Mobs run EVERYWHERE because no one has aggro.
    Healer (me) gets silenced/stunned/otherwise CCed because tank's CDs aren't up yet to effectively grab the mobs that are all the hell over the room.
    DPS dies because I'm CC'ed.
    "god heelr n tnak u suk y u no pul fastor n heel mi"
    Iduno what you mean by waiting for cd's to grab threat unless the tank is like lvl 20 and has taunt + 1-2 abilities. But, that sucks, I just haven't run into any of that at all, what I do or what I normally see others do is grab an extra pack or extra few mobs and drag it into the tank's current pack and expect them to threat it, 90% of the time the tank is full or near full HP, the mobs are dying in under 10-15 seconds each and it rly doesn't affect anything except the tank's ego (that's the thing that bothers me).

Obv if the DPS who are pulling are running to neverneverland and dying and blaming ppl then yea I agree with you, they're idiots. But, I haven't seen that in a long time, personally.

"This is what Wrath and Mists has done to us. It's turned us into a bunch of impatient jerks. " -
    @Lunchbox2042 - I've been impatient since when I started playing more seriously in BC, remember ZA? Impatience doesn't always equate to being an asshole. Sometimes it just means clearing things faster and safely and for some bizarre reason, even when things go well, this can piss off a multitude of tanks. I actually went tank back then because I was tired of tanks being too slow.
    Last edited by Bombino; 2013-07-23 at 07:52 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore is a wonderful feature. And guess what, your the tank so YOU set the pace of the instance. If the healer tells me nicely hey you can pull more if you want, then I will speed up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    What makes you think an impatient player won't just switch to tank spec if they are tired of playing with someone that has to feed their cat, get their children out of the tub, grab a drink, and catch a flight to japan between every pull?

Most people prefer a bad tank that pulls quickly to a terrible tank who pulls well and plays decently. Tanks are not necessary for content you outgear by 100 item levels, and people have shit to do besides sit around and wait for someone to pull.

if a 6 minute scarlet monastery run is a part of the problem i dont want to be a part of the solution
    now we are getting to the meat of things, Just because YOU out gear the content by 100+Ilevels does not mean that everyone does. if you want to burn through a dungeon in 5 or 6 mins because you do vastly out gear it (what the hell are you there for anyway) then rather than spend 30+ mins in the LFD queue and then act like an ass to people who maybe there trying to learn class, then take that 30 mins (probably a lot less in reality) and make a premade group up. This way you can go through as fast as you like without being burdened by low ilvel people gearing up and learning, And they are not put in a situation with a "Go Go Go Go Go" DPS who out gears it by 100 ilevels.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    if a 6 minute scarlet monastery run is a part of the problem i dont want to be a part of the solution
    What if I told you, Tanks could pull trash and it could still be a 6 minute run.

Yep, you get some stick... but you need to develop some kind of defence so you can block it and not let it harm you, or the others in the group.

I remember in Vanilla I was levelling an alt Prot Warrior, I got in a group in for Scarlet monestary Cathedral/Liberary (cant remember which) and we had a Mage in the group... he argued with me over who should pull... he used the excuse "my frostbolt/fireball has a longer range than your bow" to win the arguement.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a certain ability when being the tank, it's called the insta queue. Some tanks abuse this and are the jerks. However it means your threats aren't so empty. usually "Then you do it" will work, because the dps will not kick you and wait 15 min for another tank
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Tanking is my favorite role, and I've probably tanked 85% of the instances I've entered over the years - some of them really well, some of them really poorly. Thing is, you're performing a role that no one else currently in the group can do, unless they want to respec and slap on tank gear, which they're welcome to do if they're that much better than me. Other than that, don't let what people may say get to you. Just do the best you can, strive to learn and improve, and become a good tank that people can enjoy grouping with.