I'm in desperate need of a game to play.

BF4 / Watch Dogs come out later this year.. Witcher 3 is gone knows when. The new Metal Gear on PS4 is 2014 as well. I'm so bored right now, games are my down time release and I have run out of ones to play. Wow only goes so far ya know.. get on.. do dailies... do some arena.. get off.

I like games like the ones I listed above, (BF4, only for the multiplayer..) but I'm looking for engaging single player rpg's. Really long games, like 20+ hours with great story, gameplay, and modern visuals. It must be PC, as I do not have a ps4 yet since it's not out and I don't own another system. (I'm totally just buying ps4 for metal gear.. sad, I know.)

Played and loved:

Dragon age 1 & 2
    Mass Effect 1, 2, 3
    Witcher 1 & 2
    Dark Souls (after it was patched and fixed..)
    Dishonoured
    Elder Scrolls - Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim
    Diablo 1 & 2
    Neverwinter nights, however many there were.
    Assassin's Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, and 3. Won't be getting 4, beating a dead horse with a stick, anyone?
    Fallout 1 2 3 and Vegas.
    Far Cry 3 - Surprised me.. awesome game. Vaas was underused though, he made the game for me.
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
    Kotor 1 & 2
    Batman Arkham series.

Played and stopped because I didn't like it:

Grand theft auto, all of them.
    Kingdoms of Amalur or whatever, meh.
    Far Cry 2
    Those god awful walking dead turn base game or whatever. yuck.

Strategy games of any kind, so slow moving and boring. Fast style SC2 is alright, but I don't like any other strategy games but starcraft.

Diablo 3. lol.

What I don't like:

FPS Single player missions.
    Indie games (Side scrollers and puzzle games and all that crap)
    MOBA
    Survival games like Day Z
    NO MORE FRIGGING ZOMBIE GAMES OMG

I can't think of any others I've played right now. I think I'm frakked here. I may be in for a long wait until Watch Dogs & Metal Gear..
    Last edited by Laeryn; 2013-07-17 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Any suggestions for another hack and slash game like Darksiders/Darksiders 2 or the God of War series?
    Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta?
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2013-07-17 at 04:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    --
    Bastion: A (indie) action RPG this game is in my opinion a must play. Even though you said you don't like indie games, I think this is worth trying anyway. The game has an amazing story, soundtrack and voice acting. The combat is good as well and offers a fairly large ammount of diversity and customization.

Alan Wake: It's -90% @ steam right now so there is really no reason not to pick it up I would say that it is a survival action game, arguably a survival horror game.
    It's a really good PC port (probably one of the best). The game is kinda based around light and darkness, you can use your flashlight (and other light sources) to stun/dazzle enemys. You obviously need batteries for your flashlight and there are pages from alans book to be found which tells you a few things about the world etc... The game is kinda linear I guess but there are these pages and batteries to find so it's not on rails like CoD or any thing like that. It's really worth picking up for that price though. The writing is good, the characters are great and it's really atmospheric largley thanks to some really great sound effects.

Baldurs gate: Bioware's masterpiece. It is considered by many people to be one of the best rpg's ever. It has a solid story and is based in the D'n'D world "forgotten realms". There is a huge ammount of class customazion from fighter to wildmage to cleric. It is a fairly old game though so, you know, don't expect great looking graphics.

Darksiders 1 & 2: Is very similar to Zelda as said in the video. In the way that you get different weapons/gear and abilities to get to new areas etc etc... It's a fairly fun action rpg with an alright story.

When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come and see!" Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword - Somewere in the bible :S

So yeah the game features the horsemen of the apocalypse and in the first game you play as the red rider, War. Well he basically did some stupid shit and brought about the end of the world to early, he then gets the chance to capture those who tricked him into it and thats basically what the game is about (read the steam thingy for more info if you'r interested). In the second game you get to play as the pale rider, Death. I haven't completed this game because my save files got corupted when I was almost done with it so you know, fuck it. Will we get a darksiders 3 & 4? Probably not...
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-07-17 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    Hi people!

I'm looking for fun multiplayer games, that is LOCAL Multiplayer, so 2 or more people on one couch and screen ^^ for PC (playing with XBox360 controllers)

please do NOT recommend any shooters (hate them) and lego games (got them all)

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    Hi people!

I'm looking for fun multiplayer games, that is LOCAL Multiplayer, so 2 or more people on one couch and screen ^^ for PC (playing with XBox360 controllers)

please do NOT recommend any shooters (hate them) and lego games (got them all)

Thanks in advance!
    Hmm thats a though one. You could try out:

Sonic & sega all-Stars Racing(split screen): This game features 4 player split screen so kinda like mario kart but sonic the hedgehog instead of mario : /

Worms revolution(same screen): It's a worms game so you probably know what to expect...

Castle crasher(same screen) -75% @ steam so gogogo! You and your friends play as knights and you go around killing stuff. You can play up to 4 players local.

Rayman origins(same screen) It's a rayman game so expect some platforming and the like. This is a 2D game and I think it only features 2 player local co-op.

Thats all I can think of on the top of my head : /

Edit: Oh and Trine 2!(same screen): It's a great puzzle platformer that features 3 player local co-op.

Edit 2: Magicka(same screen): You play as a wizard and you get to combine 8 different schools of magic (water, earth, fire, ice, life, shield, arcane and thunder) into spells. 4 player co-op on this 1 as well, oh and don't turn friendly fire: 0.
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-07-17 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Edit: Oh and Trine 2!(same screen): It's a great puzzle platformer that features 3 player local co-op.
    i already completed both Trine games they are great, that's true ... but sadly not much replay value.

Edit 2: Magicka(same screen): You play as a wizard and you get to combine 8 different schools of magic (water, earth, fire, ice, life, shield, arcane and thunder) into spells. 4 player co-op on this 1 as well, oh and don't turn friendly fire: 0.
    how do i get Magicka to work with 2 people on one screen ? sofar i've only played it via Lan or Internet ... or as singleplayer ^^

Bastion: A (indie) action RPG this game is in my opinion a must play. Even though you said you don't like indie games, I think this is worth trying anyway. The game has an amazing story, soundtrack and voice acting. The combat is good as well and offers a fairly large ammount of diversity and customization.

Alan Wake: It's -90% @ steam right now so there is really no reason not to pick it up I would say that it is a survival action game, arguably a survival horror game.
    It's a really good PC port (probably one of the best). The game is kinda based around light and darkness, you can use your flashlight (and other light sources) to stun/dazzle enemys. You obviously need batteries for your flashlight and there are pages from alans book to be found which tells you a few things about the world etc... The game is kinda linear I guess but there are these pages and batteries to find so it's not on rails like CoD or any thing like that. It's really worth picking up for that price though. The writing is good, the characters are great and it's really atmospheric largley thanks to some really great sound effects.

Baldurs gate: Bioware's masterpiece. It is considered by many people to be one of the best rpg's ever. It has a solid story and is based in the D'n'D world "forgotten realms". There is a huge ammount of class customazion from fighter to wildmage to cleric. It is a fairly old game though so, you know, don't expect great looking graphics.

Darksiders 1 & 2: Is very similar to Zelda as said in the video. In the way that you get different weapons/gear and abilities to get to new areas etc etc... It's a fairly fun action rpg with an alright story.

When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come and see!" Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword - Somewere in the bible :S

So yeah the game features the horsemen of the apocalypse and in the first game you play as the red rider, War. Well he basically did some stupid shit and brought about the end of the world to early, he then gets the chance to capture those who tricked him into it and thats basically what the game is about (read the steam thingy for more info if you'r interested). In the second game you get to play as the pale rider, Death. I haven't completed this game because my save files got corupted when I was almost done with it so you know, fuck it. Will we get a darksiders 3 & 4? Probably not...
    Thanks for the headsup, i got darksiders 2 on a huge sale. watched a youtube video of the story in number 1. pretty sweet so far even if it's a horrendous port.

A fan made Megaman game came out 4 days ago and it is really good made by a guy named megaphilx

Can anyone suggest me a good FPS game (I don't care about campaigns, only playing against other people...)

The last one I played was.... CS, like, 10 years or so ago.
    Graphics matter a bit, though they wouldn't really break the game if they weren't that good.

I was thinking about getting CS Global Offensive, or maybe wait for Battlefield 4... not sure really,
    I know nothing about them, though I used to really like CS back in.... 2002, lol.
    what do you guys recommend?

Team Fortress 2 is supposed to be great. I've not played it myself since I don't particularly care for FPS but I've seen many people with 500+ hours logged on it, some with over 1000.

EDIT: NM looking at it again, looks like this might be more of a 3rd person shooter/action game?
    Last edited by Dasffion; 2013-07-18 at 08:14 PM.

Team Fortress 2 is supposed to be great. I've not played it myself since I don't particularly care for FPS but I've seen many people with 500+ hours logged on it, some with over 1000.

EDIT: NM looking at it again, looks like this might be more of a 3rd person shooter/action game?
    It's a first person lobby based shooter with several classes.

You may be watching replays which are third person
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    It's a first person lobby based shooter with several classes.

You may be watching replays which are third person

Granted I haven't played the game and don't know much about it so I can't really give a solid opinion, but the way the game looks kinda puts me off from it...

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Granted I haven't played the game and don't know much about it so I can't really give a solid opinion, but the way the game looks kinda puts me off from it...
    Firefall has pvp.
    It's a third person shooter but you can activate first person view with middle click.

So I just saw the movie Pacific Rim (LOVED it), and I am now itching to play a good mech game. Or just any game involving beating the shit out of big things with other big things. You get the idea. I'm having trouble finding anything because I've never really ventured into that genre before, so I'm not sure what is good. If anybody has any recommendations, they'd be really appreciated!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Can anyone suggest me a good FPS game (I don't care about campaigns, only playing against other people...)

The last one I played was.... CS, like, 10 years or so ago.
    Graphics matter a bit, though they wouldn't really break the game if they weren't that good.

I was thinking about getting CS Global Offensive, or maybe wait for Battlefield 4... not sure really,
    I know nothing about them, though I used to really like CS back in.... 2002, lol.
    what do you guys recommend?
    Have you tried Warframe?

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Have you tried Warframe?
    ^ mmm.

Another good game.

Shooter with wall running and samurai swords? yes please.

I'm looking for a historical based (I'm a history nerd) strategy game that is a recent or soon to be released title. I've grown tired of Civ V.

Age of Empires series?
    Looks kinda silly to me and not so much based in reality. Also I heard it's pay to win. Who knows maybe I'm wrong.

I've been eyeballing Europa Universalis IV and Total War: Rome II but I don't know anything about either of those series of games to trust buying either. There isn't nearly enough information I can find to make a decision. Ideally I would like to hear from veterans of the series firstm or even veternas of the genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olala View Post
    For Xbox/PS3 -- Katamari Damacy
    Professor Layton on the DS
    Braid (fun, short game)
    Batman Arkham Asylum or City has a lot of fighting and sweet combos with no killing :P But i guess it's still violence.
    You could play for hours in an Elder Scrolls game without violence.
    Pikman
    THE SIMS
    Animal Crossing
    Plants vs. Zombies is a fun RTS i cannot recommend enough.

There are tons that do not revolve around violence. I just named off some I've played in recent years.
    Elder Scrolls and no violence? That honestly sounds like a boring time since most of the objectives in the game both towards and away from the story-line include violence to a degree to complete. Unless you like to mine, be a merchant (an honest one) roam the map (quick travel city to city), talk to people around town, and read books (which are quite nice if you find a good story book) then that's all I believe you can do in-game without violence. Unless there are more ways I haven't mentioned.