WoW's In-Game Store

I know a lot of people are against it, but... Who here wouldn't pay 10 dollars to unlock, say, another character slot? And what if they put all those other services (Faction change, race change, character recustomization, etc) there too? I think this has some interesting potential. What kind of things would you be alright with seeing in an in-game store?

10+ Year Old Account
    cause thats pretty much how F2p game works..and last time i check wow has sub.

ALso the Ingame shop like f2p many of them have way to get unlock via in game currency without paying a single Real cash.
    So if they add the Ingame currency has a way to unlock them in wow then i be somewhat okay with it(not 100%)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has potential for non-stat items.

As soon as an item with stats goes on there, WoW becomes a pay to win game, and subs will drop like a rock.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It has potential for non-stat items.

As soon as an item with stats goes on there, WoW becomes a pay to win game, and subs will drop like a rock.
    blizzard is smarter then that though.
    If they keep it wit cosmatic, then i don't mind at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    blizzard is smarter then that though.
    If they keep it wit cosmatic, then i don't mind at all.
    I agree.

Who gives a crap about people spending money on purely cosmetic items?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post

ALso the Ingame shop like f2p many of them have way to get unlock via in game currency without paying a single Real cash.
    So if they add the Ingame currency has a way to unlock them in wow then i be somewhat okay with it(not 100%)
    Your sub pays for access to the game and any content Blizzard feels apply. It doesn't say anywhere that they can't charge for extras.

I only want to see cosmetic stuff. No gear, or, if gear, gear from tiers without stats for people who don't want to farm it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd definitely pay 10 for another character slot but it'd probably be way more considering a tmog helm is 15 and a transfer is 25, lol.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post

No that is how most mmos work now. Stop pretending this is new or never done before.

Want proof?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...-playing_games

Age Of Conan
    Anarchy Online
    Dungeons and Dragons Online
    EQ1
    EQ2
    Lotro
    Ragnarok Online
    Rift
    Runescape
    Ryzom
    Star Trek Online
    Swtor

This is just a small list of various major mmos that use both free to play and subscription models and yet still have cash shops. Seriously it is time to give the "super secret mmo rulebook" a fucking rest already. This mixed payment model is quickly becoming industry standard and this notion that subscription based mmos can't have cash shops is complete and total bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    I agree.

Who gives a crap about people spending money on purely cosmetic items?
    Considering the significant number of regulars here who believe no one but the hardcore should be able to raid or wear epic gear this is a rather stupid question. This community has perfected the art of throwing temper tantrums over completely asinine and inconsequential things.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    No that is how most mmos work now. Stop pretending this is new or never done before.

Want proof?

Age Of Conan
    Anarchy Online
    EQ1
    EQ2
    Lotro
    Ragnarok Online
    Rift
    Runescape
    Ryzom
    Star Trek Online
    Swtor

This is just a small list of various major mmos that use both free to play and subscription models and yet still have cash shops. Seriously it is time to give the "super secret mmo rulebook" a fucking rest already. This mixed payment model is quickly becoming industry standard and this notion that subscription based mmos can't have cash shops is complete and total bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the significant number of regulars here who believe no one but the hardcore should be able to raid or wear epic gear this is a rather stupid question. This community has perfected the art of throwing temper tantrums over completely asinine and inconsequential things.
    BOOM! HEADSHOT!

(on both points)

Awesome post!

/high five

/gangsign

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Your sub pays for access to the game and any content Blizzard feels apply. It doesn't say anywhere that they can't charge for extras.

I only want to see cosmetic stuff. No gear, or, if gear, gear from tiers without stats for people who don't want to farm it.
    And this is the discussion players need to be having rather than debating whether cash shops belong in subscription mmos. They are in subscription mmos now and it is extremely unlikely to change.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post

Want proof?

Age Of Conan
    Anarchy Online
    EQ1
    EQ2
    Lotro
    Ragnarok Online
    Rift
    Runescape
    Ryzom
    Star Trek Online
    Swtor

- - - Updated - - -

FYI proof =/= Wikipedia as a source.

I have seen many of these threads but I do not ever think we could really get an accurate account of what most, if not all, subscribers will do if the shop contained items with stats. We hear the voices of people that frequent forums but for every 1 person that speaks out, there are probably 5 more that never even saw a forum. I can not tell you how many times people ask for help in trade chat or general, usually something that a quick Google search would yield an answer quicker than the 10 trolling responses they will receive in trade/general.

I do like to see the thoughts and responses here but I just wish people would just leave out, "Subs will drop if bliz does x, y or z".
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

10+ Year Old Account
    *Adds purchase option of additional slots for that first, permanent bag. Waits to see how long some can hold out before buying...*