Thread: Post Your UI

The GPU temps is just coming from MSI afterburner, Its an external program that just monitors your gpu and allows you to mess around with its clock speeds etc, Its also what i used for the video capture :] Also that youtube link appears to be incredibly blurry from inside MMO not entirely sure why

Download link is now up @ http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ZanzharUI.html

Though i believe it might be pending approval or somesuch.

If there are any issues with installation feel free to keep me posted via PM, don't want to overtake this thread xD Will do a clean install of it on my client tomorrow and see what i can find myself, as i highly doubt its gone through perfectly, just awful tired to do at the moment.
    Feral Meme machine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, I switched it up again

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sblwp6zgdpf3j5u/PerfUI02.jpg

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvQ_t68ssSE

Addons:

ElvUI
    Skullflower's ElvUI
    Gnosis
    WeakAuras
    Skada
    BigWigs

Not sure if I'll be releasing it yet as it is mainly just a customized version of Skullflower's UI with my own personal touch.
    Much preferred your previous UI probably cuz it was much more personal, Skullflower UI is so common.

There is little reason not to use Elv. It's a full featured replacement for the default UI with immense customization options and substantial gains on overall performance in game (compared to similar individual addons) and has an enormous community constantly contributing ideas, addons, etc.

As much as I loved making my own UIs ElvUI has been a savior in terms of saving myself from the horrendous nature that has been dealing with add on configurations post-patch, manually skinning lua, having to modify every addon under the sun for simple fixes, etc.

Are there things ElvUI can't do? Sure, but I certainly haven't missed any of those features (short of Raven, which is only used so that buff/debuffs can be customized, appropriately spaced, and individually black/whitelisted) in terms of general UI elements.

With that being said... here's a solo combat shot of my UI. Mixture of ThinkTank UI, Skullflower, and my own works.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...213_185050.jpg
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-07-23 at 11:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta agree with what dementedlogic said. While I do like completely customizing a UI from scratch using a variety of addons, it's nice just having one big addon capable of doing everything. Makes it so simple.

I also really love the simplicity of Skullflower's UI. With a little personal tweaking and some weak auras, it works wonderfully for me without having to use a longgggggg list of addons.

Here is a combat shot of my current stuff.

The raidframes are made for 10 man , which is why they look a little off in bigger raidsizes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qoprsk16fm...713_205109.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post

The raidframes are made for 10 man , which is why they look a little off in bigger raidsizes

I really like this. Nicely done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    You can emulate profiles for Stuf (which I assume you mean, since SUF is Shadowed Unit Frames ) using Reflux. Create a profile, do /reflux add StufDB then /reflux save and all done.
    Yes I meant Stuf thank you for noticing ><
    And I did try that reflux command once before to try to emulate it with no success. For some reason it did not like me using it but then again that was a long time ago so could have been a bug that got fixed by now..

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that. There's always been one or two 'fad' UI packs/styles in vogue for as long as I remember. Cosmos then Insomniax, later it was Halcyone and Caith (ironically where Tuk drew his inspiration and later Elv), etc. There's still plenty of people who make their own UIs in their own styles.
    I don't quite agree with the fad statement. There were always more prominent UIs due to their uniqueness or the level of detail and work put in to them, however, none of them were ever as widely distributed and commonly used as Elv or Tuk, not even close. It's just that so many people just lean towards installing Elv and being done with it than playing around with addons and learning the craft so to speak.

Deleted
    Paladin:

Hunter:

Ladies and gentlemen, I switched it up again
    How did you get the combat text over against the right hand side of the screen? I didn't see any of the combat text addons listed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    How did you get the combat text over against the right hand side of the screen? I didn't see any of the combat text addons listed.
    Knowing Ly its most likely to be XCT or XCT+ thats what was bundled with his last compilation which im still currently using..

wondering when V5 is out.... i really like that and seen as you already configured my warlock and hunter Weak aura's no point recreating it. il just "Borrow" your's

nice work yet again Ly

I gotta agree with what dementedlogic said. While I do like completely customizing a UI from scratch using a variety of addons, it's nice just having one big addon capable of doing everything. Makes it so simple.

I also really love the simplicity of Skullflower's UI. With a little personal tweaking and some weak auras, it works wonderfully for me without having to use a longgggggg list of addons.
    Agree 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    Yeah it's xCT, sorry forgot to list it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    nice work yet again Ly
    Thanks Still fine tuning some things. This was just thrown together because I formatted and needed something quick and viable for raid this week. So while I do love the simple customization options of Elv and Skullflower, not sure if I'll be using it when I properly reconfigure my UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my horrendous UI... So cluttered, been trying to figure out how to downsize it, make it less cluttered, thinking of getting rid of MSBT, since I don't really look at it. I'm not huge on macros and keybinds so its not like I can get rid of all my buttons either... *sigh* need some alternatives lol.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cn1w7cvi6...713_193331.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post

Very nice UI. What raid frames are those?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Here is my horrendous UI... So cluttered, been trying to figure out how to downsize it, make it less cluttered, thinking of getting rid of MSBT, since I don't really look at it. I'm not huge on macros and keybinds so its not like I can get rid of all my buttons either... *sigh* need some alternatives lol.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cn1w7cvi6...713_193331.jpg
    got plenty ways to downsize it...

Combat-Text: serioulsy... NOONE on this planet CAN see/work with all the info there
    Actionbars: mouseover?!? i got only one bar (10 buttons) which i see all the time, rest mouseover
    Unitframes: i only see player and target infight or mouseover (except for raidframes), might be interesting for you too
    Damagemeter: smaller!!!

and get used to macros and stuff ^^

should help alot already

other way: start from scratch or use elvui ?!? affinitis ui or the skullflower are pretty cool (skullflower is pretty minimalistic)

Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post
    other way: start from scratch or use elvui ?!? affinitis ui or the skullflower are pretty cool (skullflower is pretty minimalistic)
    If i am not mistaken, he is already using ElvUI.

Just by minimizing or changin MSBT would make it look less "messy". I see you play DPS, so there is really no big need for you to see the left side of MSBT (damage taken and healing recieved). I only have MSBT enable to see those nice big crits, so i have it almost all the way to the right side, severly downsized.

Also as stated, smaller dps meter would save you massive space.

You DoTs and totem tracking can be moved further down towards your unitframe, and then the DBM messages over the target unit frame.
    (or put leave DBM where it is, and move your Dots and totem tracking between the unitframes (a place not really used for anything))

Disable main tank and main tank target on the left side - no need to see this ever in my opinion.

Also an option is to change the dps meter and raid frames.
    Raidframes fit "perfectly" in the right corner on ElvUI.

Or do as i did on my gfs ElvUI setup, minimize DPS meter and put it under the map.
    Alternatly move quest tracking further down if you have dps meter enabled in solo mode, and minimize the quest tracker during raids.
    Last edited by Lysakers; 2013-07-24 at 07:09 AM.

just to report back - working like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Very nice UI. What raid frames are those?
    They're made in oUF, my own layout.