Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The healer one is the hardest and it's still easy. All of the quests are easy. Quite crying about having to actually know how to run out of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    But heck I know people that have completed their runestones for weeks now and still can't get the ranged dps challenge down, as moonkin/shadow priest and hunter, even with tactics that are known to work and they have normal raid gear!!
    My priestess has an item level of 535 I'm surely not an incompetent player, as I have been raiding on my priestess since early TBC. If they have the same problem with the bugged cleave as I had, it's totally understandable that they struggle. Not only do you get hit, it also infuriates you if you did everything right and due to a graphical error you still fail. Fury = NOT good for concentration.

Still the current tactic seems to be to just bug the thing out and cheese it. Quite an Epic Fail, regarding any sort of QA on Blizzards end. The fight NEVER should have gone live with bugs And/Or exploit possibilities like these.

but making everything you do over lfr you close to worthless doesn't seem to be much more successful, isn't it?
    With moronic statements like this, your post got rightfully dodged. If you think the satisfaction of coordinated and tactical gameplay and downing an HC or even a normal boss (for the less skilled) + the massive item level advantage you get is worthless, you're raiding for the wrong reasons.

Yeah LFR-Heroes™ get Valor 522 gear after half a year of yawning down target dummies while trying not to get bored out of their minds while waiting for RNG to proc for intermediary loot...
    Wee what a fun way to play wow.

Deleted
    1 shot ranged challenge. After having done the Green fire warlock quest & Rank 10 Brawler's guild + all sub bosses, this felt like an absolute breeze.
    Can't believe people actually having such a difficult time with this. It seems more like melee got the short end of the stick here, atleast compared to ranged dps.

I double dare you to even attempt Green fire warlock quest. That is truly 1 of the toughest challenges I've ever had to do in WoW that required atleast some sort of personal skill and not just a faceroll zerg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I double dare you to even attempt Green fire warlock quest. That is truly 1 of the toughest challenges I've ever had to do in WoW that required atleast some sort of personal skill and not just a faceroll zerg.
    Yeah I agree. I did take a peek at it but I didn't want to do it on my under geared alt lock, since I lack the reflexes and knowledge of a seasoned player.
    BUT at least that quest is tailored to your class.

Celestial Blessings is not. That's why ( just like Bawlers) it's easy for some and harder for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Celestial Blessings is not. That's why ( just like Bawlers) it's easy for some and harder for others.
    Thankfully unlike Brawler's Guild, it's not impossible for some classes (Such as Razorgrin on a Warrior; a class which has no ranged capabilities, on a fight that requires you to use only ranged skills!)

It was a little bit challenging to get it down at first, primarily for the Xuen one with dealing with the copies and oozes, but it was pretty nice feeling when I downed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Thankfully unlike Brawler's Guild, it's not impossible for some classes (Such as Razorgrin on a Warrior; a class which has no ranged capabilities, on a fight that requires you to use only ranged skills!)
    They fixed razorgrin. You just gotta stay behind him. It's not terribly hard but he does jump somewhat erratically.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I did pay for a carry, I wanted the gear/mount. Hardly something I'm ashamed of. Wanna link me your armory so I can see how awesome you are?
    why don't you pay someone to do this quest for you too, then?

The tank one is very basic don't stand in the fire - interrupt/taunt the boss and intercept the beams going towards wrathion during the elemental phase. Honestly had no trouble with stuff going in the wrong place or anything like that, it was disappointingly easy actually. If you're having so much trouble you're cheating with shado pan compaions and such yet STILL can't do it - maybe the cloak isn't for you.

After alot wipes (tryed to kill snaiels with aoe and allso single them) i read tac on this side and got him down after 2 try. I am Destro Lock lvl 525, i used talent sacrifie demon so first to do is make portal from stairs and to the back of balcony, then i sum my Big Blue and let him tank boss. when boss sum snail just sacrifie you pet and take portal asap and use soul shatter. after doing that its easy to kill boss, but dont go to close to stair and dont follow boss downstairs or you get agro from snailes.

Deleted
    did the caster one, cant see how it can take hours for some
    Just practice practice practice
    Not that hard

Deleted
    As others have said, it is a legendary quest so it should come with a bit of a punch (like the rogue quest, that was pretty fun) took me 2 tries on my rogue and I was ilevel 543, I just didnt expect the adds to do as much as they did, spec onto leaching poison, and stayed at 100% hp almost all the time.

Understand what happens, learn how to counter it and it should be fine, I have yet to see the tank one to know what you have to do but I guess it cant be that hard

Keep at it and get your cape!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    and I was ilevel 543, I just didnt expect the adds to do as much as they did, spec onto leaching poison, and stayed at 100% hp almost all the time.
    I'm not saying that it is too hard by any means, did it on two chars myself and found it very nicely tuned - however, gear plays a HUGE role here.
    Try doing it with a ~510-515 iLvL. I can tell you that it definitely will be a lot more difficult than with your 543.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my problem with this. This game is an MMO... multi-player. As a prot warrior I'm used to having other people around to carry... I mean, to help me in areas that I fall short. Yeah I can take a hit, pull aggro, interupt, and move. But my DPS is like 20k, I have no healing (except second wind, which is pretty darn good, but no way to heal Wrathion), and I can't comunicate with Wrathion to say, "Get out of that circle" or "Stop shaking and get behind me." I'm just saying, if I was allowed a healer and at least one DPS, I could do this. Gonna try that Shado-pan companion cheat... uh, tip, see if that goes better.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Lothar -- definitely try the Shado-pan thing! On the healer one, Wrathion stands in fire the whole time. If I were a priest I could have lifegripped him out of it, but I'm not, so it was annoying. And he also can't keep aggro on anything, I told my friend the quest is just like healing that one really bad tank in a pug...
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

The tank one wasn't that bad for me. But then I was on my DK who has good self healing and is not as gimpy at low vengeance as some of the other tanks. I'll be doing all of the spec challenges on different toons the next few weeks so I'll see how those stack up.

By way of comparison, the Green Fire boss I did on my Warlock was much more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    The tank one as it is located at niuzao temple (near the daily quest hub).
    WTF, woulda been nice to know this when I was doing mine.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um the tank one is the easy one. I have the cloak on 4 toons now, I have done the tank challenge, healing challenge, and the ranged dps challenge 2 times. The tanking one is by FAR the easiest, I one shot it on my dk alt. The healing one took me 3-4 tries on my disc priest alt. The ranged dps one took me 9-10 tries on my shammy alt and 3-4 tries on my hunter main. All 3 alts were 513-516 ilvl when doing these with only lfr/valour gear and no set bonuses. Like I said I one shot the tanking one on an alt that I don't even tank lfr's on, I just tank heroic scenarios or dungeons. This quest is in no way overtuned, you just need to get better at it.

Deleted
    Heard about how hard it was, one shot it without reading up or anything.

Did ranged dps one with valor/lfr gear. (around 525)

Can't say I've tried the other challenges or even looked at ANY of the vids, so I dunno how they compare but if you can cheat and bring a companion in and still fail at it, I don't think it's the quest thats hard, more likely you're just bad. Please don't cry for nerfs just cuz you can't do it.
    Last edited by mmoc43810ef53a; 2013-07-25 at 11:39 PM.

I did the healing one on my ~505 resto shammy. Generally consider myself a pretty proficient player. That'll teach me to underestimate things though. I breezed in there without checking any guides, no food/flask, none of the little extras people have been suggesting. I was expecting to face-roll it. Nope. Took me 4 or 5 tries. First two or three I got slaughtered. I think the first one Wrathion died before I even realised what was going on.

Yeah the ground effect is annoying, but not nearly as annoying as Wrathion standing in the fire the whole time. When I beat it, I actually had to use all my cooldowns, which shouldn't have been as bewildering to me as it was. Healing Tide Totem...while not in a raid group...what is this sorcery?

I'd say I had to try about as hard as I do when actually raiding, which I really wasn't expecting for solo content. Felt really good when I finally got it though.