Poll: Do you wish that Diablo 3 was a first person RPG?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question How many of you wish that Diablo 3 was a first person RPG?

How many of you wish that Diablo 3 was a first person RPG?

Deleted
    First Person would not work at all for a Hack n Slash at the speed Diablo plays.
    However I do wish we where able to move the camera around :/

No. Third-person action adventure maybe but definitely not first person. Elder Scrolls holds that crown and anything that attempts to venture into that territory will have that behemoth looming over it. Just like any new MMO has to contend with WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Did you put even one ounce of thought before you made this poll?

I can't play first person games because I usually want to throw up after playing for 5 minutes.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then it wouldn't exactly be a ''diablo'' like game so with that being said absolutely not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gods no, I cannot stand TES precisely because of the first person viewpoint. You can try to explain it till you're blue in the face, but I stand by my opinion that first person melee does NOT work.

if you want the first person viewpoint, stick to Skyrim, leave D3 alone .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    You do realize where the "three" in Diablo 3 comes from? And you do realize that those are all hack'n'slash-games with the same cameraview? Why would you even think of something like that? There's enough first person games in the fantasy/rpg or alternatively horror-genre, how about playing one of those?

Deleted
    Warcraft was an RTS game but look how well Blizzard transferred the lore and feeling into WoW (WoW is many things and you could say its fps rpg as well but in mmo world)

But I must admit the FPS view makes it harder to play as there is usually an information overload in those games.

For me the franchize do not mandatory need to have same graphics style. Its just something that we "think" is a must.
    Warcraft series is a big example of it.
    Last edited by mmoc215749e86a; 2013-07-24 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cybo View Post
    Warcraft was an RTS game but look how well Blizzard transferred the lore and feeling into WoW.
    Which is why they didn't call it Warcraft 4, but World of Warcraft instead. That way they clearly distinguished the game from the RTS-line of games. Those kind of things are indeed considered when naming and marketing games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    First Person would not work at all for a Hack n Slash at the speed Diablo plays.
    However I do wish we where able to move the camera around :/
    All other hack n slash games say otherwise. It wouldf perfectly work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Diablo had a good story.

Deleted
    We don't know and probably never will know what title Blizzard would give the new Diablo game "IF" it had fps view.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would certainly be interesting... I wouldn't mind seeing what it would be like.

Could probably be a hell of a lot creepier... and more Amnesia/Silent Hill-like.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

wouldnt mind having a mmo out of it. Kinda like wow. Story driven. Not so much focus on farming you arse off. More boss figthing.

Maybe that is what we get. Its been said that Blizzard's Project titan is a spin off of a IP they already have. So possibly a diablo or star craft mmo

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Did you put even one ounce of thought before you made this poll?
    DID YOU put an OUNCE of thought before posting this asinine comment??

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, if it were a spin-off Borderlands style then for certain.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes no sense from a gameplay standpoint to make it first person. The game would be outright unplayable if you used the spells we have now. Not to mention the limited amount of view you would get in comparsion to now, which would make it hard to actually dodge and respond to enemy attacks.

There are zero benefits to this idea whatsoever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cybo View Post
    Warcraft was an RTS game but look how well Blizzard transferred the lore and feeling into WoW
    Yes, some things carried over better than expected.

But some things also suffered from this decision, lore has actually gotten worse due to gameplay reasons of WoW going MMO.
    For one thing, the constant need to have newer and more powerful villains makes the lore quite laughable, either you're fighting nameless nobodies as bosses, or you're fighting constantly more powerful bosses that could destroy the world 10 times over.

At least in the RTS you didn't need a more powerful boss every time, a weaker one could be just as dangerous due to limits in army strengths. In WoW you have 25 heroes only getting more and more powerful, it's ridiculous. The player characters are basically gods.

No, because then my screen would be so soaked in demon blood I'd get instana gibbed constantly.