Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randycolby View Post
    I got a desire to play ATITD again.
    Whoa that brings back memories.. very old memories . Absolutely loved ATITD when it first came out, I remember having that wonderful feeling of being overwhelmed by how much there was to do and how complex each system was.

Something I found this weekend and was pleasantly surprised about. Stranded 3 is under production: http://www.unrealsoftware.de/forum_p...hp?post=330941
    I loved Stranded 2, hope they make next part bigger and better.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Found this one:
    http://igg.me/at/Mining/x/615607
    Looks promising.
    Does look interesting, but with Minecraft, Terraria and soon Starbound, not sure how many more mining games we need. And those are just the bigger ones lol.

Deleted

Towns

Hello people. Have you seen Towns? (townsgame.com)

I think it's quite near what the OP is looking for.

Found this jewel on Steam Greenlight, it's on kickstarter as well:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...45/stonehearth

Looks sweet.

Also, Wurm Online has increased subscription costs by 60%, probably after opening more servers and improving graphics.

I will try to rework the OP to make a summary of the games mentioned in this thread sometime before the weekend
    Last edited by procne; 2013-05-07 at 01:59 PM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post

Looks sweet.

Also, Wurm Online has increased subscription costs by 60%, probably after opening more servers and improving graphics.

I will try to rework the OP to make a summary of the games mentioned in this thread sometime before the weekend
    Wow, that stonehearth project really actually looks cool. I don't back fundraisers, but I'll check it out once it hits steam.

Already tried, not enough crafting / building in it. Just moving blocks. I prefer my LEGO blocks
    Tarraria / Starbound?

Or Ultima Online - is rather limited,. but quite a large game.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Tarraria / Starbound?

Or Ultima Online - is rather limited,. but quite a large game.
    Are you aware that you just quoted and replied to an over 2 years old post? xD

But, since you mentioned Starbound - they have opened preorders on April 13th and have already sold enough of them to gather 1 million $

Just to keep this thread going.. coughs.. he he

Tried Towns.. boring.

Salem.. Was a BETA tester for it and now its free to play. I don't like its GUI though. It's still two dimensional and very limited. Sure you can zoom into your ISOMETRIC 3D aspect of it.. but.. still feels... I don't know what the word is to describe it.. Limited maybe ?

Tried Xsyon.. They are making it into an Indian settlement game and that's all. How I know this as fact is because I asked them directly about it. That's all that game is about, making Indian camps. Period.

Tried to get into Greed Monger.. The last thing anyone has seen as for progress was in November of 2012. No further development news has been reported.

Limited Theory.. Single player, and not anything available for it yet. Has a lot of ideas, but multiplayer is not going to be in the first version. But I'll still keep my eye on it's progress.

Stranded 3.. LOOKS AWESOME!!! I am sooo drooling over this one.

Realm Source.. I paid for this. It's no where near finished, BUT.. it has plans for everything I want in a crafting MMO. So I went ahead and backed this project.

Outerra Engine.. Still plugging along.. slowly. Sure it's not a game, but I listed it here to show what future games could look like with this engine.

Looked again at A tale in the desert and that game hasn't changed since cheese was invented. I like the aspects of crafting it has, but that's all it has going for it.

I been playing EVE Online, Minecraft and WURM Online again lately as well. No games that has been finished yet holds my attention. Even these three will get boring again after a while. Too many limits to all of them. What I like about EVE is its complexity. I like WURM because of its ambiance, and I like Minecraft because of the mod abilities as well as hosting your own server, as well as its ideas on crafting. If all three games were combined, you get the future games - Realm Source / Limited Theory.

Anyone else think of a game coming out that I missed ? I am curious of other games to pay / try out. I demo everything I can.
    Last edited by TorakTu; 2013-07-21 at 02:24 PM.

Under the Ocean, Starbound, Starforge & Folk Tale are some upcoming ones that I can think of.

Realm Source looked interesting, going to check that out.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-07-21 at 04:00 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Under the Ocean, Starbound, Starforge & Folk Tale are some upcoming ones that I can think of.

Realm Source looked interesting, going to check that out.
    Under the Ocean.. Looks interesting. Just wish it was 3D.

Starbound.. way too cartoonish for me.

Starforge.. Waiting to try this. Eventually they will have a non-steam version since I can't stand steam. Lot of us hate steam. So they said they would make a non-steam version eventually.

Folk Tale.. Again, too cartoonish for me.

Realm Source is still really querky, but what the guy has been doing with it is amazing. Even water that flows realistically when you dig a hole. It's amazing. So far, this is the only one I have tried that I like so far. And you can't do much honestly. But the goals are solid.

Another game I like is Shares of Hazeron, but its laggy as hell and the graphics and GUI is lousy. So it won't hold my attention do to the limits in its mechanics.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of these are still in alpha/beta, but are playable and each definitely have the potential to be really great games.

Kenshi-
    Love, love, love, love this game. Still very much in alpha and Lo-Fi is a very small studio so progress is a little slow-ish but what is there is a lot of fun.

(trailer if a few years old and a lot has changed but I dig the music )

Edge of Space-
    Only scratched the surface with this game but it definitely has a lot going for it. Combat is pretty cool for a 2d game.

Darkout-
    Very pretty game with some beautiful scenery and lighting effects. Fairly deep crafting system and cool story.

Cube world-
    Not much focus on the building aspects, but they are there and perhaps will be expanded on. Very fun game. Worth the $20 asking price even at this stage of development.

I know Cube World is a 3D game and is about crafting, but the other three .. well I do not see anything crafting related, and 2 of which are 2D only, and this thread is about looking for crafting games like WURM and Minecraft. I do however play minecraft. So when I spotted cube world a few months ago, I got curious. Too bad its not out to try yet. Even though it's not the type of game I am looking for, it could be fun to play while I am still looking for the ultimate crafting game.

The hunt continues...

Quote Originally Posted by JackTDawson View Post
    I know Cube World is a 3D game and is about crafting, but the other three .. well I do not see anything crafting related, and 2 of which are 2D only, and this thread is about looking for crafting games like WURM and Minecraft. I do however play minecraft. So when I spotted cube world a few months ago, I got curious. Too bad its not out to try yet. Even though it's not the type of game I am looking for, it could be fun to play while I am still looking for the ultimate crafting game.

The hunt continues...
    There is an alpha release, I have been playing it myself. Ofcourse you have to pay up front for alpha.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Is cubeworld really about crafting? It looks like an RPG in voxel world, and that's what videos were showing - travelling, talking to NPCs and fighting monsters.

Can i join your search for a good crafting game Procne? lol. I've been trying to find one, but every game i try i lose the "oh god, what an awesome game" after 5-6 hours in it.

I agree about minecraft and terraria, good games but it does get boring, played MC with my wife for a couple days its way better than single player but still not what i'm looking for. If i find any good games i'm going to add it here, but seems like you know this genre better than i do. Good luck.

Is cubeworld really about crafting? It looks like an RPG in voxel world, and that's what videos were showing - travelling, talking to NPCs and fighting monsters.
    It is to a degree. You literally design your own weapons and such. Is it to the extent that WURM or EVE or Minecraft is ? That I am not so sure about. But yes, cube world is a RPG crafting game. Sandbox crafting ? That I'm not sure on either.

Since I'm not wanting another CUBE game, I won't be playing cube world.

The Hunt is still afoot....

- - - Updated - - -

Looks sweet.

I saw that the staff of wurm online is censoring people now. You can't leave any negative comments ever or they will remove it. This is on their forums and on their youtube channel that this is happening. And if you are caught talking even slightly negative in game, your banned. Yea, I no longer play WURM. It's not worth it.

Just like Origin and EA, censorship at it's finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call Cubeworld a crafting game personally, you can learn recipes to make items but it's limited even compared to something like WoW's crafting system (pick up cotton, convert cotton to cloth and then turn cloth into armor in about 3 mouse clicks) and the weapon design is placing a very limited amount of extra blocks onto a pre-existing item.

The Stomping Land could be one to keep an eye on, I dislike the name but it definitely has potential. Currently very early in development on Greenlight (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=142490129).

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    I wouldn't call Cubeworld a crafting game personally, you can learn recipes to make items but it's limited even compared to something like WoW's crafting system (pick up cotton, convert cotton to cloth and then turn cloth into armor in about 3 mouse clicks) and the weapon design is placing a very limited amount of extra blocks onto a pre-existing item.

The Stomping Land could be one to keep an eye on, I dislike the name but it definitely has potential. Currently very early in development on Greenlight (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=142490129).
    Now that... That would be a game I would play the crap out of.