10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Try to look at encounters from the perspective of someone progressing on them for the first time while undergeared, rather than while overgeared farm having cleared it for a while. Most of those statements are assuming a lot of things about strat and guild gear/skill level.

I am. And Im still right, watch any of the top guilds progression kills, they were doing the things I mentioned. If / when they played demo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    QFT, stop bickering. Focus on these continual nerfs we're getting slapped with.
    Continual nerfs... even though on PTR testing we are absolutely wrecking everything and everyone... lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Yes, but you can't utilize the full AoE toolkit demo has while you are not in melee. That's what it's all about.
    Arguably, they could add a channeled AoE to Demo that's Harvest Life without the health gain, adjusted to be as good as hellfire, giving good Fury generation and being able to be used at range, and not able to be used while Immo Aura in Meta is on to prevent double dipping.
    Last edited by mmoc95c4570f6c; 2013-07-24 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Arguably, they could add a channeled AoE to Demo that's Harvest Life without the health gain, adjusted to be as good as hellfire, giving good Fury generation and being able to be used at range, and not able to be used while Hellfiring in Meta to prevent double dipping.
    Could also add a glyph to make it targetable like they did with HoG or allow us to target a mob and have that be the center of the Aoe. Either one would really fix the issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Could also add a glyph to make it targetable like they did with HoG or allow us to target a mob and have that be the center of the Aoe. Either one would really fix the issue.
    True, simpler, maybe I just like the idea of the multiple streams of death... I'd personally argue for the targetable glyph rather than the mob-centered glyph, as it'd give a little more anti-rogue features in BGs, but it's six of one half a dozen of the other in most other cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i completely agree, the imp swarm glyph is prolly the only glyph we have that might be a dps increase when we use it properly. other classes have "plenty" of glyphs that are dps increases, we have 1.
    in all fairness, shadowpriest doesnt have a dps increasing glyph. So you are not alone or being picked on :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mietosis View Post
    in all fairness, shadowpriest doesnt have a dps increasing glyph. So you are not alone or being picked on :P
    Glyph of Mind Spike can (potentially) improve your dps. :P

Deleted
    I laugh at the notion of mindspike glyph :<

I do feel for the locks though, even more so considering i have wanted to reroll since they changed lock, my lovely little lock alt sitting only in lfr gear :/

Deleted
    Destro actually has zero glyphs that impact dps =)

Deleted
    also is it just me that thinks demo needs their aoe changed to being solely ranged aoe? not like they cant change immolation aura into a ranged aoe that makes your target burst with fire instead of yourself, the problem with demo aoe is that its mainly melee based but i guess thats mainly personal thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody have some logs from PTR testing? would love to see how classes are performing

i can't believe they're taking away harvest life, that was a big helper in doing good aoe damage as demo, and frankly i loved using it as my aoe for demo since our hellfire still damages us for outrageous damage. now when i do old raids or just pull a big group of adds i have no aoe to use because using hellfire just with adds just kills you instantly without a healer.

i don't even understand why we're getting so many nerfs this class isn't godly in pvp, and pve they're not like the most op class in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imp swarm was mandatory, now it is less than mandatory and that is a good thing.

Harvest Life was filling two roles now it is only filling one role and that is a good thing.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-24 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    Sometimes the barrier between not being mandatary and being useless is fin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Sometimes the barrier between not being mandatary and being useless is fin.

Truer words were never spoken

Deleted
    again drastic changes on the playstyle forthe last raid tier, tbh i'm getting bored of it, in the edge of really thinking to reroll.

As someone said, 3s SS, how about qwon or megaera soulswap, or fights in SoG which are similar?
    how about aoe'ing when not in meta?

i really don't get where they want to put our class and i'm jealous of other classes that have *full* revert of some changes not half rollback like kjc, which needed a fix, but hell, in the next expansion.
    Damn Xelnath explained us the way it's designed, or redesigned, they would have had the time to do it for the next xpac :-(

because i'm pretty sure that they ll change the warlock playstyle in next expansion ... once again.

(ps : i wish the leishen trinket was never implemented, coze the demono gameplay + glyphing is entirely based on it, so rng, so frustrating, so top dps if Lucky, all of it is just the contrary of the blizz/GC speech about rng, fun, etc.
    And i have the feeling that it ll last more than we think , just like MWC did)
    Last edited by mmoc60b912d8f2; 2013-07-24 at 09:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    and frankly i loved using it as my aoe for demo since our hellfire still damages us for outrageous damage. now when i do old raids or just pull a big group of adds i have no aoe to use because using hellfire just with adds just kills you instantly without a healer.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only level 41 on my warlock.

a)
    Your Hellfire spell doesn't do any damage to you when you're in meta form, due to the Metamorphosis: Immolation Aura passive ability.

b)
    You should always be in meta form when you're doing Hellfire, because you generate more Demonic Fury than Metamorphosis is draining; resulting in more damage done and less damage taken. I suppose you could pop in and out quickly for Hand of Gul'dan.

Deleted

a)
    Your Hellfire spell doesn't do any damage to you when you're in meta form, due to the Metamorphosis: Immolation Aura passive ability.

b)
    You should always be in meta form when you're doing Hellfire, because you generate more Demonic Fury than Metamorphosis is draining; resulting in more damage done and less damage taken. I suppose you could pop in and out quickly for Hand of Gul'dan.
    Immolation Aura doesn't generate any Demonic Fury, it consumes 250 of it (25/s for 10s).

Quote Originally Posted by Touchy View Post

a)

b)
    well there are many situations where you wont have any df and need to use an aoe, on top of that hellfire does generate good df but its self damage is just bad. also immolation aura is good, but is a massive drain of demonic fury

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Immolation Aura doesn't generate any Demonic Fury, it consumes 250 of it (25/s for 10s).
    He is lvl 41, he dont even have immo aura
    Why hes posting in the 5.4 dicsussion thread? Who knows.

The Soul Swap change is annoying and completely random. How about they just redesign it for it's original purpose - getting dmg rolling on adds.

Soul Swap (new) - Instant cast, 30 second cooldown. Instantly applies Corruption, Agony and UA to the target and applies the Soul Swap debuff. Soul Swap Debuff - if the unit dies with Soul Swap debuff present, the CD of Soul Swap is reset. Soul Swap is no longer able to be Soul Burned.

... if they need to tweak dmg somewhere to compensate, be my guest. Gives us ability to quick swap to adds, gives us pvp target swapportunities with a cooldown. Takes out one of the most brain dead mechanics in the game - SB:SS.