Worth Coming Back?

Hey All,

So I am looking for a little input here. I was huge into wow during BC and WOLK, Cata burnt me out and MOP just felt alot of the same. I leveled two toons to 90 and then basiclly up and quit.

I am thinking about comming back and playing my resto shammy, would just have to level her to 90. However, how are resto shammies now a days, how hard is it to gear up to current content. If I did this I would want to get back into raiding.

Input is great, trolls need not apply. Thanks

You must specify what you are looking for. PvP, PvE general, raiding, serious raiding, pet battle, paying for cosmetic stuff. There is lot to do in World of Warcraft, yet I would recommend you nothing of it. I installed it after 2 years break, activated trial, after 3 battlegrounds a 2 dungeons uninstalled and washed my eyes.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Schroedinger View Post
    You must specify what you are looking for. PvP, PvE general, raiding, serious raiding, pet battle, paying for cosmetic stuff. There is lot to do in World of Warcraft, yet I would recommend you nothing of it. I installed it after 2 years break, activated trial, after 3 battlegrounds a 2 dungeons uninstalled and washed my eyes.
    Why do people like you still come to a WoW website?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I would want to get back into PVE Raiding.

I would probably say wait til xpac at this point. Coming back now, having no experience, would be pretty crappy. You'd have a ton of back gearing to do and catch up to do only to finish up right around the time the xpac comes out. So I'd probably just wait for xpac to give it a try again.

When Is next Xpac Expected?

Wow's got a lot of things going for it right now. The only thing it's missing is solid 5 man content, but scenarios have kind of filled the gap. There's reps if you want reps, easy raids if you want cheap loot, normal raids if you want a challenge. On the PvP front the new bgs are actually a lot more fun than anything that's been added since classic(barring maybe battle for gilneas). Lots of stuff to do, the whiners are just mad they don't have enough time to do all of it. WoW's in good shape right now if you can manage to sift through all the content and focus on a few things at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chazattack View Post
    When Is next Xpac Expected?
    Expect it announced in november and launched in April(Total guess on launch, but you need to figure in beta test time.)

Oh, and There's server merges and pug friendly raid options in the patch to come, as well as proving grounds(solo dungeon challenges to test your mettle.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata burnt me out and MOP just felt alot of the same.
    not much has changed in this department. If you are a BC/WoTLK player the magic isn't there anymore, because the game has changed and so have you.

Manage your expectations and you'll be fine.
    Hi

I agree with what the others have said. If you didn't like MoP before, you won't now. Just wait for the next Xpac (which should be out around the end of the year) IMO.

Having said that I don't think the next Xpac will be much different. You may want to look into other MMORPGs like FFXIV/WildStar/ESO/etc. (I'm assuming the current MMORPGs out don't interest you otherwise you wouldn't be here asking about WoW).

You can definitely gear up relatively fast, if you start playing today and get your Shaman to 90 in ~3 days you could probably be at like a 510ish ilvl before SoO comes out, and then you could get into that.

I'd say don't bother though, unless you have friends that play. The game just isn't that fun alone, even if you join a raiding guild and raid 3 nights a week that still leaves 4 days with nothing to do aside from level alts. I do a lot of arenas in the spare time with friends, if I didn't do that I probably wouldn't play.

How hard is it to gear at fresh 90?

level up for now, but start raiding and such in 5.4
    Right now its pretty boring.

How hard is it to gear at fresh 90?
    1) Get crafted pvp 458 blues, and maybe a BOE or two to prop yourself up to 460.

2) Got do some ToT dailies and get a key to lei shen's treasure palace(whatever it's called) and get some raid tokens(usually like 13).

3) Run MSV in LFR until you're 470
    3a.) Do ToT pvp dailies for honor epics to get to 470
    3b.) Kill all the world bosses for 496/522 loot every week
    3c.) Do Battlefield barrens chain for a 489 every week(8 commanders should be enough to get all your resources) and a pair of 502 boots

4) Run Tier 14 raids to get to 480 and you've unlocked all content.

Enjoy!

Price per played hour is pretty low, if that answers your question.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same boat here, thinking of coming back too after 7+ month break just to try SoO but not sure where to start, already have an ilvl 473 DK or so. Thinking of resubbing when PTR hits the (release) build or just skip out the entire expac. Just a question guys, what ilvl is needed to enter normal ToT pugs?

SOO is probably a good time to come back. You'll have a ton of content to work with, minus battlefield barrens, which is going away in 5.4

It is a good time to come back...but IMO the gear grind for the current tier kind of sucks. This is my first tier back in MOP so maybe I'm not the right person to ask about that.

Resto Shamans will be sitting nicely come 5.4, and gearing up is not hard, just a matter of time and money. You could be in ToT LFR inside of a week or two probably at this point, the most time consuming thing would be catching up on the Legendary quest.

Having said that... I'm not sure it's worth coming back at this point, unless it's just something you want to do. That is, raiding. If you miss it then come on back and play the shaman. If it's just to pass the time or something else to do on the side, wait.

Blizzard gives you a hell of a lot to do though...I'm no longer "finished" with everything on Tuesday afternoon.