Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PvP Activity, dying down?

My guild's RBG team hit full tyrannical a while ago (roughly when 5.3 hit) and pvp activity has had a steep decline in recent weeks now everyone is fully geared.

Is anybody else having similar issues? I know the summer probably has an impact but it seems to be hitting our pvp team rather than the raiding teams.

It's due to it being summer time and like you said it's late in the season. People may find other things to do at this time, but it's a decline on my realm as well

I have seen this as well. IMO its blizzards fault. They made a end line for PvP gear and that is Tyran. Since the elite has ZERO stat changes, most people I talk to say that they will not buy it because they would have to re-gem and enchant which they say is a waste of gold. Since it is so easy to get full tyran gear because of the catch up system, there is nothing else to strive for once you have it.

PvP is currently stuck, where pve heroes are still reaching for the stars, we PvP'ers are sitting on our 496 plateau with no where else to go.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

No gold.
    No new mounts.
    No new pets.
    Barely any transmog gear.
    Already geared up.

So what possible reason would people have to PvP (other enjoyment, which is why I still do it, but less frequently than when I had something to gain from it).?

Lack of any meaning for Elite gear, plus no other rewards/goals to strive for besides a fugly tabard and a cloak xmog (who shows cloaks anyway?!) means there's not much to play for besides enjoyment.

Obviously, that's a big reason to play, but after 6-7 years of PVP, with the current seasons showing some of the worst balance in those years, it's hard to keep wringing out enjoyment from the system. Especially when it's not augmented with any meaningful rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Well the pvp in wow is not really good is it? to much cc, imbalance that they will never fix, they fix one thing and break a few other things. If they would just keep pve and pvp seperated it would be alot easier to balance, they should also reduce cc and maby have all classes have one unique cc or something.

Oh i though this was a rant thread lol, yes summer time could have something to do with it to.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-07-25 at 03:25 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    Whatever you think about the balance of WoW's pvp it's far richer and deeper than any other mmo's pvp by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Monksrus View Post
    Whatever you think about the balance of WoW's pvp it's far richer and deeper than any other mmo's pvp by a country mile.
    Yes but the standard is pretty low for mmo pvp, so it's no achivement that wow's pvp is better then the rest.

Yes but the standard is pretty low for mmo pvp, so it's no achivement that wow's pvp is better then the rest.
    It's still a valid point though, and it's why I keep playing WoW despite trying 5 or 6 other MMOs since WoW. WoW has the best controls, and the fluidity and responsiveness keeps me in the game despite its flaws compared to the other games I've tried.

It doesn't excuse the lack of attention given to PvP rewards. I mean, seriously, how many non-ratings-requirement PvP mounts are there? 8 or something? Lazy. Apathetic. Antipathetic. I don't know which, but Blizzard is giving PvP people the shaft.

I enjoy pvp ALOT. It is mainly the only thing I do (aside from some LFR when im bored) and balance aside, my beef is that once you have a full tyran set, there is nothing else to strive for. Nothing else to try and obtain. There are non-material things we can go for like a title, or achievement, but as stated by GC, gear progressions is a major part in keeping people involved and playing.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

It's been in decline ever since Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not dying down, its just has congested into a few select servers and battlegroups thanks to the twitch heroes and their "Fans." So if you're on a low pop or medium pop server, a competitive atmosphere will not exist. It was never like this before, I used to play on servers like Rivendare and Spinebreaker and it used to be somewhat competitive. There were always people to play with and each server had its own community of people. Everyone knew who the top players were, who the try hards were, who the assholes were ect.

But as soon as Cataclysm launched that's when all the Youtube/Twitch crap hijacked this game and destroyed smaller servers in the process. Now every loser and their mother is promoting their awful stream or youtube channel in trade mindlessly believing that they can "make a living out of it." It's a sad reality for anyone like me who just plays a game for fun or competition, not to make $$$ off of it. Games in general have become way too commercialized thanks to these e-celebrity heroes and their almost zombie hive-mind fan bases.

Gone are the days when you could just play this game without hearing all of the crap that goes on with twitch or Youtube. Gone are the days when people would improve by their own accord or ask questions to superior players they knew on their servers. Now you have all of these people sitting around watching Youtube videos or a stream from some guy they don't know or doesn't give a shit about them. Then these people follow everything they say, never thinking about other possibilities. And the worst part is is that these people question those who do not follow the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    It's still a valid point though, and it's why I keep playing WoW despite trying 5 or 6 other MMOs since WoW. WoW has the best controls, and the fluidity and responsiveness keeps me in the game despite its flaws compared to the other games I've tried.

It doesn't excuse the lack of attention given to PvP rewards. I mean, seriously, how many non-ratings-requirement PvP mounts are there? 8 or something? Lazy. Apathetic. Antipathetic. I don't know which, but Blizzard is giving PvP people the shaft.
    It is a valid point and me myself have fun in bg's atm but thats about it, i cant wait until a pvp focused or a well made pvp mmo will be released, im so tired off blizzard constantly changing spells and abilitys in wow.

Wow in general is declining pvp is probably Declining faster than pve

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    My guild's RBG team hit full tyrannical a while ago (roughly when 5.3 hit) and pvp activity has had a steep decline in recent weeks now everyone is fully geared.

Is anybody else having similar issues? I know the summer probably has an impact but it seems to be hitting our pvp team rather than the raiding teams.
    You probably have one of those teams that play for the gear not fun/rating. Or probably got sick of the aoe fest of RBGs.
    On the other hand arena community is dying due to the imbalance and horrible game mechanics and cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I enjoy pvp ALOT. It is mainly the only thing I do (aside from some LFR when im bored) and balance aside, my beef is that once you have a full tyran set, there is nothing else to strive for. Nothing else to try and obtain. There are non-material things we can go for like a title, or achievement, but as stated by GC, gear progressions is a major part in keeping people involved and playing.
    I use the extra honor/conquest for feral gear so I can farm old raids for pets that I can put on the AH so I can afford the item enhancements and gems for... newer pvp gear, whenever it comes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    incoming disagreeing opinion.

as someone who basically only pvped from vanilla up until mid way thru cata the pvp in WoW, in my opinion, became less and less balanced with each passing expansion/season. it was a leading factor in why i quit playing, couple the frustrating balance issues with my friends quitting and it was a major turn off to a game i thoroughly enjoyed for many years

ive played several mmos since departing and i gotta say that WoWs pvp, in my opinion i cant stress that enough, is nowhere near a country mile ahead of any of them. gw2 and even swtors pvp balance i feel is much more in check than WoW's was.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    ive played several mmos since departing and i gotta say that WoWs pvp, in my opinion i cant stress that enough, is nowhere near a country mile ahead of any of them. gw2 and even swtors pvp balance i feel is much more in check than WoW's was.
    I spent a lot of time in Beta and Live of both games, and balance could be off in those games too (lolSorcerers in huttball @ launch). But let's assume that their balance is better.

That still doesn't outweigh, for me personally, the responsiveness of WoW, the number of abilitiies available simultaneously, the UI, and the audio/video feedback advantages that I find in WoW.

There still isn't that holy grail yet, I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I have seen this as well. IMO its blizzards fault. They made a end line for PvP gear and that is Tyran. Since the elite has ZERO stat changes, most people I talk to say that they will not buy it because they would have to re-gem and enchant which they say is a waste of gold. Since it is so easy to get full tyran gear because of the catch up system, there is nothing else to strive for once you have it.

PvP is currently stuck, where pve heroes are still reaching for the stars, we PvP'ers are sitting on our 496 plateau with no where else to go.
    I used to get upset at this but after raiding PVE Hard core you start to finally realize that Wow is a PVE based game and to be honest, I am suprised at the amount of attention pvp gets at all. I think Pvp in 5.4 is going to be Lol as Frost mages are getting huge buffs with mastery and wont need the deep freeze or snare to hit hard all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skyyxx View Post
    Wow in general is declining pvp is probably Declining faster than pve
    Which is why they offer free resil to people hoping they will start to Pvp. Pvp has been on a downward spiral for a while and im suprisesd it hadnt happened sooner with Wow being a Pve based game.

No one is comparing WoW PvP to other MMO's PvP. People are comparing WoW PvP NOW to WoW PvP any time before and it is absolutely terrible when in each patch this expansion at least 2 different specs of different classes were as insanely overpowered as season 5 death knights. Cataclysm PvP was miles better than this, hell even tBC let alone most of WotLK which was the golden age of PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    You probably have one of those teams that play for the gear not fun/rating.
    Blizzard has catered to this type of player with their changes just like they've catered to players seeking instant gratification on the PvE side of things. Both things are utterly endemic to this game. The problem is further exacerbated by the fact that reverting this after getting the playerbase used to it is going to hit the sub numbers harder than this steady leak Blizzard started some in late WotLK for PvE and early Cataclysm for PvP.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-07-26 at 03:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15