Please provide clarification on Dungeon futures...

Earlier this week, I saw the tweet response below:

Flex Difficulty
    it's fun to play palatank with haste i think all agrees but what about dps stuff that tanks take away from dps? lot of times
    Loot is personal in LFR and someday will be in dungeons. That just leaves organized raids, and you guys can work it out there. (Source)

And was wondering if that was the future of loot in 5-mans?

I understand the need for a personalized loot system for LFR and convenience in PUG raid situations, but this seems to me to be a completely unnecessary change in 5 mans.

Please let me know what you guys take away from this statement.

I guess that they'd introduce the personal loot system to LFD groups which aren't premade and I don't see anything that would go against that...

I have no problem with the LFR style loot EXCEPT the "Sorry, nothing this time" bag of crap should be better than it is. I understand that it's a consolation prize not a reward, but really it should be a minimum of 100g and like a flask or uncut gems or something guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I have no problem with the LFR style loot EXCEPT the "Sorry, nothing this time" bag of crap should be better than it is. I understand that it's a consolation prize not a reward, but really it should be a minimum of 100g and like a flask or uncut gems or something guaranteed.
    Wat?

Srs?

You think that, each time you don't get loot in LFR, you should get at least 100g AND an item/consumable just for your time/trouble?

Do you not see how economically insane that is, in terms of inflation and market flooding? Not to mention how fundamentally greedy and self-entitled that is? Not saying that YOU as a person are greedy, but that your idea (if implemented as-is) is poor.

This would do nothing but drag more people who already don't want to do LFR into LFR just for the quick gold (~1200g+ per TOT run, PLUS 12 flasks/gems/items PER TOON), while simultaneously inflating the economy and flooding the market with excess consumables. GC/Blizz already said they they don't want people to feel obligated to do LFR, especially those that "don't need it"; this would go directly against that mentality by making it a profitable and lucrative economic endeavor, rather than a "see content mode" that it is supposed to be.

The "bag of crap" didn't even exist before MoP. You used to get NOTHING. Now, we get SOMETHING and everyone complains that their something isn't good enough. It's ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I think it would be a good change. It would allow you to gear an off-spec without having to take gear away from others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Individual loot will make enchanting mats more rare too, especially shards.

10+ Year Old Account
    They keep changing everything so much that it barely feels like wow anymore. I hate the new loot system. I can't stand that we don't get to see what drops off a boss when we kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Individual loot will make enchanting mats more rare too, especially shards.
    Good point, would actually help to make them meaningful again instead of next to worthless. And would stop enchanters from claiming that their profession perks benefit others and harm themselves. Not that I'm on that train, since my enchanter is still like 87, but whatever.

Will certainly solve the "OMG NINJA!" threads and complaints.

Would be a bit sad to see a mainstay of WoW go away, as well as the option to trade loot if you get something that you don't need and someone else does, like if you're boosting a friend/guildie to help get them to LFR ilvl, you KNOW that they'd get gold bags and you'd get 463's that you don't need

Maybe they could make it toggle-able if you're in a premade?

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    They keep changing everything so much that it barely feels like wow anymore. I hate the new loot system. I can't stand that we don't get to see what drops off a boss when we kill it.
    Completely agree
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I think it would be a good change. It would allow you to gear an off-spec without having to take gear away from others.
    Indeed, this change cannot come sooner imo. There is always someone there who will take items not intended for them. I've had Rogues taking my tank trinkets, Warlocks taking my healing trinkets (spirit), people taking items to spite others and just in general needing on anything they can. It's just annoying.

Personal loot now pls. Or at least restricted needing so people can't be morons.

Mind explaining this to me? How does seeing what other people get affect you? Personally, I'm enjoying not having to see the item that I have been farming for weeks go to another player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind explaining this to me? How does seeing what other people get affect you? Personally, I'm enjoying not having to see the item that I have been farming for weeks go to another player.
    Affect me? Not sure what you're getting at. I prefer seeing what dropped off the boss. I don't feel jealous when others win loot, even if it's something I could have used.

Affect me? Not sure what you're getting at. I prefer seeing what dropped off the boss. I don't feel jealous when others win loot, even if it's something I could have used.
    Not getting at anything.. I was just asking a question.. Can't ask questions on these forums without people thinking you are attacking them. It has to affect you in some positive manner, if you are sad it is gone.

Not getting at anything.. I was just asking a question.. Can't ask questions on these forums without people thinking you are attacking them. It has to affect you in some positive manner, if you are sad it is gone.
    It's primarily just a staple/pillar of WOW since it was introduced; kill boss, stuff drops. For those of us who have been playing a looong time, it feels a bit unnatural and/or disconnected with the LFR changes to personal loot. Did anyone get anything cool? Did anyone get anything at all? We don't know. It's not a matter of being selfish or greedy and then being pissed about "OMG MY ITEM! HE TOOK IT!". It's just about being curious to see what dropped, and who won.

It sounds like you're a bit upset about losing "your" item(s) to someone, as if they were ever yours to begin with. For all you know, they could have been after them for as long or longer than you. If a rogue took your tanking trinket or something, then that point doesn't hold any weight, but just because you want something doesn't mean you deserve it more than someone else. RNG has always been a part of WOW, especially in loot.

Personal loot allows for a wider array of options in gameplay (such as flex-raid, since scaling "normal" loot drops in that raid-type would be incredibly difficult), and certainly weeds out the potential for ninjas or greifing. But the downside that he is referring to (IMO, anyway) is the departure from "tradition" in the name of pandering to the newer generation of WOW players/gamers who just want everything now.

But I'm probably just jaded, from playing since the dark ages
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's primarily just a staple/pillar of WOW since it was introduced; kill boss, stuff drops. For those of us who have been playing a looong time, it feels a bit unnatural and/or disconnected with the LFR changes to personal loot. Did anyone get anything cool? Did anyone get anything at all? We don't know. It's not a matter of being selfish or greedy and then being pissed about "OMG MY ITEM! HE TOOK IT!". It's just about being curious to see what dropped, and who won.

It sounds like you're a bit upset about losing "your" item(s) to someone, as if they were ever yours to begin with. For all you know, they could have been after them for as long or longer than you. If a rogue took your tanking trinket or something, then that point doesn't hold any weight, but just because you want something doesn't mean you deserve it more than someone else. RNG has always been a part of WOW, especially in loot.

Personal loot allows for a wider array of options in gameplay (such as flex-raid, since scaling "normal" loot drops in that raid-type would be incredibly difficult), and certainly weeds out the potential for ninjas or greifing. But the downside that he is referring to (IMO, anyway) is the departure from "tradition" in the name of pandering to the newer generation of WOW players/gamers who just want everything now.

But I'm probably just jaded, from playing since the dark ages
    Well I have been playing since the dark ages too (December 2004) but different strokes for different folks I guess. For me, the staple was the loot itself. Not the ability to see who got what. I never said I nerdrage over others getting loot, or that I feel that those items were ever mine to begin with. I was merely stating that the only outcome I saw was a positive.

Well I have been playing since the dark ages too (December 2004) but different strokes for different folks I guess. For me, the staple was the loot itself. Not the ability to see who got what. I never said I nerdrage over others getting loot, or that I feel that those items were ever mine to begin with. I was merely stating that the only outcome I saw was a positive.
    Right, never said (or meant to imply) that you particularly "nerdraged". Was only referencing this:
    Which is why I stated that in general the current playerbase seems more entitled or ego-centric than those who have been playing longer (probably because of just being a different generation of gamers, as well as the game itself evolving). The current mindest is less about the team/community/whatever, and more about how it benefits the individual.

Personally, I don't really care about loot in terms of personal "prestige" anymore, since that pretty much died in Vanilla/BC. It's just a mathematical improvement. Loot is just a means to an end for [most] progression raiders, and I've always enjoyed (or, well, grown accustomed to) the moment that the boss dies and we see what loot drops and who in the group gets their upgrades. I personally haven't gotten anything in a few weeks, but I still enjoy helping other members get closer to their goals/max potential/whatever.

That's not to say that I think it's right/fair/intended for people to go into LFR/LFD and "help" each other get gear to increase their odds, but that's what happens/happened. That style of play most certainly contributed to the LFR change and likely will trickle down to LFD in the future, it sounds like. I think seeing that in LFD is a bit overkill, but that's my $0.02.
    20k and counting...

It would allow you to gear an off-spec without having to take gear away from others.