Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just to clarify for some of you. Lets say that it has a drop chance of 1% to simplify and you have done 242 attempt so far. The chance of you getting the drop at least once during all those runs would then be

1 - (99/100)^242 ~= 0.91 ~= 91%

But since you did in fact NOT get the mount in the 242 attempts, you are back where you startet. Like someone already pointed out the probabilities doesn't add up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post

Agreed. It's bad enough TCG mounts got roflstomped by the duping exploit, the only thing left of any substance is rare drop mounts, and even that is slipping away. If they made it so you would gradually get the mount then it ruins the entire experience and the thrill of the chase.
    Exactly my point! Whats the fun in "Oh well, if I run this 100 times I am 100% sure that I will get it"

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Trust me, the moment you get it it's like "OMFG YES!" the next day it's "meh, bored of it already".

So enjoy the chase

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 09:51 PM ----------

Agreed. It's bad enough TCG mounts got roflstomped by the duping exploit, the only thing left of any substance is rare drop mounts, and even that is slipping away. If they made it so you would gradually get the mount then it ruins the entire experience and the thrill of the chase.
    From "OMFG YES" and/or "I NEVER HAVE TO RUN THIS AGAIN WOOT" to "meh got that mount" then to "Ok so what rare mount can I farm next?". Just when I think I've gotten the rarest of rare and am done, I end up going "hey wonder if I could get x mount" then off I go to farm it, heh.

i took me over 3k mobs to get the disgusting oozeling
    theres this thing call a normal distribution. on average people will get it between 80 and 120 trys, but there are exeptions, its even possible to kill the boss over a million times and never see the mount drop but that possibilty is so small it would probably not happen for the duration of WoW.

dont give up. I went to close to 300 attempts on slabhide and deathcharger mounts. those were the worst. rest of mounts like ashes, onyxia, huntsman, azure drake, etc... were less than 100 attempts or so. best one was raven lord on the 1st attempt only. the rest took some tries.

currently attempting sha, galleon, nalak and oondasta with 7 toons and so far nothing... even though i do understand those have some ridiculous drop chances.
    Last edited by amakusa007; 2013-07-24 at 04:44 PM.

Dont give up indeed. I myself am having some fun with yogg0 @ 170 kills w/o a drop. Not even gonna talk about 70+ kills of nalak/oon and 200+ on gal along with 300+ on sha w/o a drop either.

Don't give up. Just have to think that the next kill will have the mount drop.

And the good thing about repeated Stonecore runs is that it's a fast run. Only really have to kill the first few packs with Millhouse and skip the first boss. Now, Stratholme runs for Baron's mount is a pain. Not difficult, just time consuming cause you have to down all of the bosses and then clear the ziggurats.

Deleted
    261 attempts at raven lord so far, so I know how you feel :P. just keep at it

As someone else mentioned...

Once you get it, you'll be very excited... the next day you dont even use it anymore..

Like myself, i was farming Tempest Keep the Eye, each week since TBC(Sometimes in a group). I saw the mount drop 3 Times over the years(Untill MoP), in groups - Then later soloed it.
    And yeah, i did this 5 times a week(5 Chars) and i recieved the mount 2 months ago. And today i dont even use it that much - I'd much rather be on my brawlers mount.

karazahn mount since bc farming it evry week now with 5-7 chars depending how lucky i feel... none

but i got LK hc mounts after 6 kills if i remember right ^^
    I know some poeple would be happy to trade but that kara mount is just like that one girl that got away that time.. you cant make up for that haha ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gyzarus View Post
    261 attempts at raven lord so far, so I know how you feel :P. just keep at it

Oh god, i had it farmed since cata time with my boomkin. Why you no drop? I am this close giving up!

I'm at over 100 attempts for a certain raid mount and the drop rate isn't even that bad. I believe it's roughly 3% which is pretty high.

Hey, at least with dungeon runs like the vitreous mount, you can keep doing it 5x an hour and you don't have to wait every week!

I got the stonecore drake twice in 6 runs. The vortex pinnacle one only took 3 runs for the first one

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    Dont give up indeed. I myself am having some fun with yogg0 @ 170 kills w/o a drop. Not even gonna talk about 70+ kills of nalak/oon and 200+ on gal along with 300+ on sha w/o a drop either.
    wow and I though I had a lot for world bosses. Current at 170+ sha, 130+ gal, 100+ nalak and 70+ oondasta so far. mp drops yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    I got the stonecore drake twice in 6 runs. The vortex pinnacle one only took 3 runs for the first one
    ur lucky then close to 200+ stonecore for me and 70+ on vortex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    I'm at over 100 attempts for a certain raid mount and the drop rate isn't even that bad. I believe it's roughly 3% which is pretty high.

Hey, at least with dungeon runs like the vitreous mount, you can keep doing it 5x an hour and you don't have to wait every week!
    which on u farming from raid? alysrazor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    ALMOST looks as someone I know...
    He runs the Zul Gurub for 3 days, gets both mounts. He went to Tempest Keep, you know the story. He won Alyszrazor's Flametalon in Cata in a 25 man raid. On his 1st Oondasta kill he got the Direhorn. AND last week in our 10 man hc raid on Ji'kun, guess what dropped... and guess who won it.
    Some people have no idea what farming means. If you'd have to run an instance 300 times to get that thing you want, you'd be really excited when it drops. Those who get it in 5 runs or less just go "meh another mount".
    Just to clarify; I'm not one of those lucky people. Only mounts which I don't have yet and I'm actively farming are Ashes (yes still; close to 300 kills), Flametalon (solo on 3 characters every week, at 79 kills combined). All the world bosses, I use coins on all 8 of my characters I'm eligible for loot. I duo Yogg+0 and only saw the Head drop in a 5 man raid back in Cataclysm. And Invincible, well, also one of those who manages to remain unlearned for over 120 kills since the Raid was introduced. (No I never had the luck to get it when it was content, seemed to be more important to give it to officers or sell it to boosted people, as to give it to raiders).
    I'm more happy I made gold to buy myself some rare TCG mounts which you rarely see: Feldrake, Mottled Drake, Rooster. I also have the Tigers and the Rhino, but those are not considered rare anymore.

Glad to see people remain commited to get those rare mounts, even after 100-200-500 kills. Keep up the good work and don't let yourself demotivate by people who got "lucky" enough to get the mounts without "effort" (see: farming a lot, lots of runs).

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    The amount of times you do the fight doesn't increase the % of getting it. It just means that everytime you kill the boss you have roughly 1% chance it'll drop. This does not add up
    That's preposterous. After X numbers of attempts at least a minimum of times the desirable numbers should appear, or else you will have to correct the calculations to dim the supposed chance.
    If a coin flips 59 times of a 100 at the same side you can say it's only chance, but if it flips 87 of a 100 at the same side, you have to analyze it again, because the deviation is too far for the standard.

Deleted
    I've only ever seen it once, it dropped while I was levelling via dungeons with a guild group back in Cataclysm (pretty much the 2nd day into the expansion) and I won it :P

Ashes took me about 50 kills I think, this was dual boxing it back in Cataclysm using the LoS trick.
    Flametalon didn't take too long, because I had like 5 classes capable of solo'ing the fight.
    Invincible, which I got this week, didn't take too long either, probably less than 20 kills over 8 chars.
    Anzu I got just after they removed the race restrictions from it, I was the first Belf on the server with it :P
    The Vortex Pinnacle mount I've had drop twice now, both when power levelling an alt with my main account.
    Oondasta mount I coined, really wasn't expecting it as I was in two minds about using a coin up.
    ZG & ZA mounts, from both versions, I had 2 Tigers before the merge, the Raptor I got a couple of months before it was changed. The newer mounts didn't take that long to farm.
    Stratholme mount probably took the longest to farm.
    Karazhan mount I had on 2 chars.
    Love Rocket took about 4 years, all the other world event mounts dropped the first time I did the bosses.
    Azure Drake didn't take too long either, but again was able to solo it on many chars.

The mounts that still elude me are,
    Amber Primordial Direhorn - I keep getting dupes of the other 2, but I have access to 2 dead realms so getting tags is not an issue.
    Blazing Drake - I'm too lazy to get a save, the droprate is pretty high though so I should really go for it.
    Experiment 12B - My favourite mount Only just started solo'ing this fight with my DK.
    And the res of the world boss mounts.

According to my armory on my monk, it took me 24 tries before I got the Ony mount. With others, like the deathcharger, I get too bored and give up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    Galleon and Sha didn't start actually dropping the mount on live until like 5.2 or something as a few sites said 0 players had the mounts.

Also, 116 VP kills, 385 Stratholme kills. And I don't even know how many in Kara but I did it every week since ~ ICC came out and only got it 2 weeks ago. So I guess 200-250 kills. Don't give up on mounts. The harder it takes, the more rewarding it is when you finally see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Well, I dont see the point in playing something where you get everything served to you. But if you like that, it is your problem.
    I don't see how protection against bad luck is getting 'everything served to you'. Luck and effort are two entirely different things. Sure, if you happen to get, to use an example, the Onyxia mount after a few runs, or at 100 runs, it doesn't seem bad to you. To someone like myself however, who was soloing it in wotlk before it became a lvl 80 raid, then again in cata, then in 5.0 with account wide started soloing it every week on 10-12 characters and still is...I probably have around 1k onyxia kills and no mount, would you say I haven't put enough effort in?