Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Teriz you are really becoming a bit contradicting...you want this class to be ORGINAL but yet you want it to also take some things the hunters are unique with...what the fuck man? Post something that isn't a simple fix of matter of opinion or thought please...I know my post seem like that but I can actually back up mine...well except the mail thing that is just going appearance honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Keep in mind; We're talking about a DH spec that uses bows/xbows.

And Demon Hunters could logically only summon Demons as minions or pets. Sound familiar?

Warriors, Paladins, and Death Knights don't share names. If we had a Warrior, Holy Warrior, and a Dark Warrior class you'd have a point here.

What type of spells would an INT-based Demon Hunter use? The same kind that the Warlock uses?

Chest markings doesn't change that 95-99% of people playing this class would be shirtless Night Elves with Warglaives.
    That's like saying everyone that plays DK is going to wanna be Arthas.

Deleted

Chest markings doesn't change that 95-99% of people playing this class would be shirtless Night Elves with Warglaives.
    I thought everyone playing a Monk would play Pandaren. And I never thought anyone would play a Gnome Death Knight.

Yeah, part of the problem is that you can't name the Demon Hunter class anything else.

Welcome to the pitfalls of a narrow archetype.
    Demon... Slayer.

3 speccs:
    -physical range (aka something like drow ranger or like the D3 DH), so bows and guns aren't hunter exclusive
    -melee range (the typical DH what everyone wants)
    -dunno maybe a caster specc

^^'

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Demon... Slayer.

3 speccs:
    -physical range (aka something like drow ranger or like the D3 DH), so bows and guns aren't hunter exclusive

^^'
    If I were to make a DK class, I'd go with melee dps/ranged physical dps/tank. I just don't think they can do a spell caster spec without being too much like warlock, where they might be able to do a ranged spec that feels unique from hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Who would play a mage when you can play an ele shaman and be able to heal or melee to change it up?

Who would play a rogue when you can play a windwalker and then heal or tank if you want to?

Why does anyone play DK when you can play a paly and still tank and dps, but also heal?
    All of those examples are very different from each other, and don't share a name with each other. Again, we're talking about two classes that not only share a name, but now share the same armor type (since Demon Hunters won't wear INT mail), use the same weaponry, and would probably have a similar ability set, since there's only so many ways you can do physical ranged attacks

- - - Updated - - -

Demon... Slayer.

3 speccs:

^^'
    And watch the popularity drop like a rock. People want to play a Demon Hunter, not a knock off.

Which is why its pointless to even implement such a class.

And seriously, another pure DPS spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind; We're talking about a DH spec that uses bows/xbows.

And Demon Hunters could logically only summon Demons as minions or pets. Sound familiar?

Warriors, Paladins, and Death Knights don't share names. If we had a Warrior, Holy Warrior, and a Dark Warrior class you'd have a point here.

What type of spells would an INT-based Demon Hunter use? The same kind that the Warlock uses?

Spells: you realize there are really not that many unique spells in this game right? Like really take away the names of ALL the spells in game and just think about what it does and what you are doing....so spells being the same a lock Idc about. Make chaos bolt into chaos arrow or demon bolt or fel bolt at the end of the day it's only a name and diffrent animation.

Appearance..again: know what ppl used to say all death knights would look like Arthas and yeah there are some out there that still try tht look. But at the end of the day just as the unwritten rule goes....if you see someone calls illidanzz and looks like him then fine but until proof is given 90-95%(big guess their btw) will look like those three guys, which by the way outside of their attitude,quest, and story I don't like how they look even for a night elf it's kinda annoyingly basic.

And as for pets demon hunters have only ever summoned two things. Dreadlords the weak ones. And fel hounds. That's it...and honestly make a new fucking hound looking pet and give it demon hunters. Problem solved.

Anything else?

Oh right the warrior issue.

Warrior is a basic thing no matter how you put it, warrior used to be the same basic thing you say as soldier. So if you are noob, look through everything and look at
    Warrior-
    Paladin-
    Death knight-
    And see what they are
    A fighter that uses its strength to defeat enemies and protect allies.
    A fighter that uses its strength to defeat enemies ,protect and heal allies using its power of light.
    A fighter that uses its necromancy and strength to defeat enemies and protect its allies.

It becomes pretty basic and you'd probably pick the paladin or death knight.

Also there is only one set of glaives in the game. And unless blizz makes 1-swords the basic glaive and not a new weapon type it's gonna stay the only glaive set ingame outside starting quest.

All of those examples are very different from each other, and don't share a name with each other. Again, we're talking about two classes that not only share a name, but now share the same armor type (since Demon Hunters won't wear INT mail), use the same weaponry, and would probably have a similar ability set, since there's only so many ways you can do physical ranged attacks
    I think they could do a DH ranged spec. I agree the names are similar, so they'd have to name demon hunters something else, but I don't see why they couldn't do a bow/gun based ranged dps spec that feels different from hunters, in the same way that windwalker monks use the same weapons and armor as combat rogues but feel very different. I agree on the name though.

And this is from someone that does NOT want a demon hunter class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they could do a DH ranged spec. I agree the names are similar, so they'd have to name demon hunters something else, but I don't see why they couldn't do a bow/gun based ranged dps spec that feels different from hunters, in the same way that windwalker monks use the same weapons and armor as combat rogues but feel very different. I agree on the name though.

And this is from someone that does NOT want a demon hunter class.
    They could do all that its just teriz is thinking otherwise and being closed minded. Hell you could just make them use bows and crossbow and leave the gun for the hunter only, having the same name isn't always the main issue..he's just making it one, and for some idiotic reason into grasping the fact a demon hunter doesn't need agility for all three specs. And doesn't need to be a three way hybrid.

And watch the popularity drop like a rock. People want to play a Demon Hunter, not a knock off.

Which is why its pointless to even implement such a class.

And seriously, another pure DPS spec?
    what about brew master? everyone wanted it as a class and they got it as a spec and everyone is happy (atleast I didn't hear/read any qq about it)

and yes another pure dps:
    we have 4 pure dps
    we have 7 hybrids
    (3 of them only semi hybrid(priest, dk and warry), 1 full² hybrid(druid) and 3 full hybrids(shaman, pally and monk)

The fact that so many of their abilities are taken by other classes is the best argument against Demon Hunters.

Demon Hunters are a lore based class. If your going to make a Demon Hunter Class, and give it none of it's lore abilities, why even call it a Demon Hunter, other than giggles. It be like making an Archmage class, but he can;t cast spells.

Op is more looking for Demon Hunter for the name more than anything else. He could have no abilities, just auto attacks, but be called Demon Hunter, and OP would be thrilled.

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of this class concept's popularity stems from its name. You change its name, and its popularity drops, because people will say that its not actually a Demon Hunter. Like I said, this class isn't a part of a larger archetype like Brewmasters were to Monks, so its very limited in the direction it can go.

I can say that giving it the Diablo 3 treatment just seems cheap and lame. Demon Hunters don't use bows/xbows in WoW.

About Rogues and Monks; The benefit that those classes have is that they're traditionally very different from each other. Rogues work in the shadows and assassinate. Monks fight head on and fight toe-to-toe. Rogues use daggers and poisons, Monks use staffs and chi.

This is why broad archetypes are important.

For anyone dat says demon hunter and hunter names are similliar look at paladino(paladin) and ladino (rogue) portuguese names

10+ Year Old Account
    what about brew master? everyone wanted it as a class and they got it as a spec and everyone is happy (atleast I didn't hear/read any qq about it)
    Because it was pretty well known at the time that Brewmaster was a monk of some kind. You had a Chinese anthropomorphic Panda called Chen who did Kung Fu. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what type of class that would morph into.

and yes another pure dps:
    we have 4 pure dps
    we have 7 hybrids
    (3 of them only semi hybrid(priest, dk and warry), 1 full² hybrid(druid) and 3 full hybrids(shaman, pally and monk)
    Yeah, I wouldn't lump semi-hybrids and full hybrids together. The only class type that isn't sitting at 4 is the full hybrids. That seems to indicate that the next class will heal/tank/dps. Also there's way too much DPS clutter as is.

The majority of this class concept's popularity stems from its name. You change its name, and its popularity drops, because people will say that its not actually a Demon Hunter. Like I said, this class isn't a part of a larger archetype like Brewmasters were to Monks, so its very limited in the direction it can go.

I can say that giving it the Diablo 3 treatment just seems cheap and lame. Demon Hunters don't use bows/xbows in WoW.

About Rogues and Monks; The benefit that those classes have is that they're traditionally very different from each other. Rogues work in the shadows and assassinate. Monks fight head on and fight toe-to-toe. Rogues use daggers and poisons, Monks use staffs and chi.

This is why broad archetypes are important.
    To use monks as an example, there was no WoW lore to suggest monks using weird mist spells to heal people, but Mistweaver works. I could see them expanding on DH as well to make a range spec.

I'm not saying DH would make a good class, with or without an alteration to the name, I'm just saying if they could, I think they could make ONE of their specs ranged and make it feel different enough from hunters. They could also do what they did with brewmasters and fit it into a larger class, so let's say demon hunters aren't a class but a melee dps spec within some larger class.

Again though, I agree a class named demon hunters when we already have hunters is silly, but I don't think that even if the DID ad them as demon hunters that all hunters would drop off the face of the earth. And while there would be complaints about a name change, I don't think WC 3 demon hunters are popular because of the name, but because of what they are. If they'd been called demon slayers I think they'd still be just as popular.

The real reasons to not add DH is that all their iconic abilities are folded into other classes. I don't buy the death coil argument because warlock DC was death coil in name only, it had nothing to do with the DK spell from WC 3 in the way it functioned. All DH abilities HAVE been added to existing classes with similar, if not exact, functionality intact.

For tinkers fans what weapons will they use ?

Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    For tinkers fans what weapons will they use ?
    ranged weapons and mail armor
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    To use monks as an example, there was no WoW lore to suggest monks using weird mist spells to heal people, but Mistweaver works. I could see them expanding on DH as well to make a range spec.
    Well there are examples of Monk healing within the Monk archetype. In almost every instance of Monks appearing in RPGs, they have vast healing abilities. This is even true in Diablo 3. This is also true in real life martial arts where monks use chi to supposedly heal themselves or fortify their bodies. So when Blizzard created Monks, it was almost assured that there was going to be a healing spec attached to it. They just used the "mists" surrounding Pandaria for stylistic purposes. Again, the huge Monk archetype gave Blizzard a lot of flexibility when developing the class.

BTW, its important to note that Tinkers have that same level of flexibility.

Demon Hunters do not.

I'm not saying DH would make a good class, with or without an alteration to the name, I'm just saying if they could, I think they could make ONE of their specs ranged and make it feel different enough from hunters. They could also do what they did with brewmasters and fit it into a larger class, so let's say demon hunters aren't a class but a melee dps spec within some larger class.
    That class would be Warlocks. And I have no problem with Demonology eventually becoming the Demon Hunter spec, because that appears to be the direction Blizzard wants to take the spec anyway. The problem is that in threads like these, Demon Hunter fanatics don't like that scenario. They want a stand alone class that looks and plays just like Illidan did in WC3 and the Well of Eternity instance.

The real reasons to not add DH is that all their iconic abilities are folded into other classes. I don't buy the death coil argument because warlock DC was death coil in name only, it had nothing to do with the DK spell from WC 3 in the way it functioned. All DH abilities HAVE been added to existing classes with similar, if not exact, functionality intact.
    Agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know moving a small bit from demon hu ter to the other popular class this tinker...
    How the hell does this qualify for a mail wearing hybrid exactly? I haven't seem a singlet "tinkerer" wear mail in this game yet. It's always cloth looking. Also they threw grenades and guns...a hunter and engineer prof can do that...and how the fuck would they heal exactly? First aid advance or some bull like tht?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    ranged weapons and mail armor
    Oh they can't use ranged weapons and mail armor. They would be too close to hunters...