Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We just need a third mail user who uses ranged weapons to give hunters/shaman some competition. If it wasn't for that, i'd hope they wouldn't add any more classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Oh they can't use ranged weapons and mail armor. They would be too close to hunters...
    Lol I like this post you deserve a high five for tht.

strange people dont like DH using ranged weapons but with tinkers is normal

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Oh they can't use ranged weapons and mail armor. They would be too close to hunters...
    Just like how warlocks and shadow priests don't exist because mages use cloth and staves/ wands?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    I'm trying to understand this logic myself...
    A class based off a profession and apparently mixed with a hunter is better then...
    What at bess could be 3 classes mixed together that could actually stand on its own two feet and apparently could even take the popularity from another and actually has lore and characters behind with names...
    ..yet a tinker is better....riiiight...

Sorry. I fail to see how ridding Demon Hunters of the one thing that made them different from any other person hunting demons is in any way logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elgato View Post
    Just like how warlocks and shadow priests don't exist because mages use cloth and staves/ wands?
    So that's ok...but a dh isn't?

Deleted
    I can see a demon hunter class, it's resource being some kind of demonic power working something like demo / destro warlock and warrior's rage. As the resource builds up you slowly look more demonic.

Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    You know moving a small bit from demon hu ter to the other popular class this tinker...
    How the hell does this qualify for a mail wearing hybrid exactly? I haven't seem a singlet "tinkerer" wear mail in this game yet. It's always cloth looking. Also they threw grenades and guns...a hunter and engineer prof can do that...and how the fuck would they heal exactly? First aid advance or some bull like tht?
    Tinkers generally wear whatever.

Healing would be yes, advanced medical stuff, as well as using chemicals.

I'm trying to understand this logic myself...
    A class based off a profession and apparently mixed with a hunter is better then...
    What at bess could be 3 classes mixed together that could actually stand on its own two feet and apparently could even take the popularity from another and actually has lore and characters behind with names...
    ..yet a tinker is better....riiiight...
    This, people forgot dat hunter can learn engineering and want it as a class
    Last edited by thebigman154; 2013-07-25 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Thing about priests though is that they're not just a 'Light based cloth caster class.' They are an overall spiritual class that fits into pretty much every race in the game despite their different cultures and religions. The Light, Elune, Forgotten Shadow, whatever the trolls do, etc. Where as paladins, with the exception of tauren paladins, are all Light focused in one way or another.
    He was talking about game mechanics, not lore. Priests using Holy magic for ranged offense and Paladins using it for melee offense has nothing to do with lore.

If you're talking about lore, then my argument is that Demon Hunters are not Warlocks. Night Elves have Demon Hunters, not Warlocks. Demon Hunters embody characteristics in lore that separate them from Warlocks, and because this is a new class it can be expanded upon. Death Knights incorporate Frost and Blood magic (Death Knights in War2/3 are unholy only) and Monks use everything from Chi to Mistweaving. Demon Hunters might expand to incorporate Spell Breaking, Runemastery or any number of things that make it different from Warlocks. The point is Demon Hunter lore is not completely explored yet, which is why it is difficult to show how they are different from Warlocks the way we can see how Paladins and Priests are.

All we have is Warcraft 3 and WoW's Demon Hunter NPC's to see what Demon Hunters are, and that's no indication of anything. We've learned very little about Death Knights (as a player class) prior to Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Sorry. I fail to see how ridding Demon Hunters of the one thing that made them different from any other person hunting demons is in any way logical.
    It's not logical and you don't even need to take it away. Change th name and give it idk avatars fucking ability for all I care.
    Also metamorphosis didn't make demon hunters. Demon hunters whole background made them.using fel magic and spells that turned demons magic against them while enchanting the demon hunters own is what made them, in my opinion.

I mean really give me 10 spells that were iconice to the AVERAGE demon hunter.not illidan just the average demon hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know moving a small bit from demon hu ter to the other popular class this tinker...
    How the hell does this qualify for a mail wearing hybrid exactly? I haven't seem a singlet "tinkerer" wear mail in this game yet. It's always cloth looking.
    Tinkers in the game are almost all engineering trainers. I personally don't think Blizzard would call such a class "Tinker", they would call it Technician, Inventor, Mechanic, or something along those lines with Tinker being possibly one of the specs.

As for technology classes not wearing mail, look at the Archetype;

Additionally, the Tinker hero from WC3 had high armor.

Also they threw grenades and guns...a hunter and engineer prof can do that...and how the fuck would they heal exactly? First aid advance or some bull like tht?
    Hunters can throw grenades? How?

Yes, the engineering profession allows you to craft grenades and use them. Its important to note that a tech class doesn't need to throw grenades. They could use robotic mines, lasers, Gatling guns, mortars, or other devices.

As for healing;

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=148085

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    He was talking about game mechanics, not lore. Priests using Holy magic for ranged offense and Paladins using it for melee offense has nothing to do with lore.

If you're talking about lore, then my argument is that Demon Hunters are not Warlocks. Night Elves have Demon Hunters, not Warlocks. Demon Hunters embody characteristics in lore that separate them from Warlocks, and because this is a new class it can be expanded upon. Death Knights incorporate Frost and Blood magic (Death Knights in War2/3 are unholy only) and Monks use everything from Chi to Mistweaving. Demon Hunters might expand to incorporate Spell Breaking, Runemastery or any number of things that make it different from Warlocks. The point is Demon Hunter lore is not completely explored yet, which is why it is difficult to show how they are different from Warlocks the way we can see how Paladins and Priests are.

All we have is Warcraft 3 and WoW's Demon Hunter NPC's to see what Demon Hunters are, and that's no indication of anything. We've learned very little about Death Knights (as a player class) prior to Wrath.

I actually like this cause he's right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Tinkers in the game are almost all engineering trainers. I personally don't think Blizzard would call such a class "Tinker", they would call it Technician, Inventor, Mechanic, or something along those lines with Tinker being possibly one of the specs.

As for technology classes not wearing mail, look at the Archetype;

Additionally, the Tinker hero from WC3 had high armor.

Hunters can throw grenades? How?

Yes, the engineering profession allows you to craft grenades and use them. Its important to note that a tech class doesn't need to throw grenades. They could use robotic mines, lasers, Gatling guns, mortars, or other devices.

As for healing;

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=148085
    One. None of those are from wow, but other games you can tell be the fucking design and drawing. Or they are fans interpretation.

And wow like said advance first aid.

Oh and by the way tht first pic, was a cloth look and the second was plate.

10+ Year Old Account
    One. None of those are from wow, but other games you can tell be the fucking design and drawing. Or they are fans interpretation.
    Looks like you didn't read my first sentence.

And wow like said advance first aid.

Oh and by the way tht first pic, was a cloth look and the second was plate.
    I showed that to you to show you that the armor isn't a big deal because within the archetype technology classes wear all types of armor.

Just to make this easier for you; A technology class can use either energy (healing beams), robots, or chemicals (sprays, potions) to heal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    That would be because there's never been a DH running around with a crossbow in WoW.

However, a technology class is more than likely going to have access to a wide selection of ranged weapons. Guns, Lasers, and explosives are more advanced than swords, axes and bow/arrows. The WC3 Tinker had the ability to fire missiles at targets for example.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-25 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elgato View Post
    That was sarcasm

Can we please take the Tinker talk into another thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Can we please take the Tinker talk into another thread?
    Wouldn't the Tinker talk be relevant, since part of the reason you won't see a DH as a class is because the Tinker is the superior option?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Looks like you didn't read my first sentence.

I showed that to you to show you that the armor isn't a big deal because within the archetype technology classes wear all types of armor.

Just to make this easier for you; A technology class can use either energy (healing beams), robots, or chemicals (sprays, potions) to heal.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be because there's never been a DH running around with a crossbow in WoW.

However, a technology class is more than likely going to have access to a wide selection of ranged weapons. Guns, Lasers, and explosives are more advanced than swords, axes and bow/arrows.
    strange i never saw a tinker with a crossbow, lasers, and explosives too

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Pure Logic:

It is logical, if a Burning Legion style expansion is NEVER introduced, there would be no need for Demon hunters as their sole purpose in WC3 was to fight the burning legion. It would have made more sense to introduce them with the Burning Crusade, but that has long since passed.

So no BL expansion = no Demon Hunters.

You did say "for the NEXT expansion". So if the "next" one is not a BL style expansion, there should be no Demon Hunters.