Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    You mean all that plague bouncing off the mountain they are living inside?
    You mean that confined hollowed out cave that could easily be filled with gas?....
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    With the state of the lore, I wouldn't be surprised if Thrall could beat Sargearas. The Forsaken are almost as bad; the plague has been shown to be an "I win" button in almost every use.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SePetus View Post
    Except they have this thing called deeprun tram that they could use to transport supplies from SW to IF so no it wouldnt be problem to be holed up in IF for a long time.
    What if she decides to attack Stormwind first by marching around Dun Morogh and going through Loch Modan -> Badlands -> Burning Steps -> Elynnn Forest?

Stormwind would also be severely weakened from said plague bombing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, because there's no character Blizzard and their stupid fans love circlejerking around more than Sylvanas.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ironforge has the deep run tram to get supplies in.

Also, the forsaken can not raise dwarves as undead so their armies will diminish greatly when they try to push through dwarven lands. Hell, the forsaken couldn't even take Gilneas, no way they could take Ironforge.
    This.

The Forsaken had trouble holding Silverpine against the GLF with Orcs to help them. There's no way Sylvanas could launch a serious attack against Ironforge and Stormwind.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think she totally could.

All she has to do is sneak a little plague into IF, and let it spread. She is smart enough to find a way

From there, she has more than enough troops to wipe out Stormwind. They would be able to abuse the Deeprun Tram and sneak in the back, and get directly to the keep and kill the king. From there? Stormwind would turn to chaos and rioting to get out of the city, and she would have herself an even larger army. By then, she has enough to wipe out the alliance as a whole. Once THAT happens? Why not just eliminate the horde too?

Azeroth would belong to the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    .....then Alleria Windrunner comes back and bitch slaps her the end.
    on a serious note it will never happen mostly because of gameplay.

use zeppelins to bomb SW even if she lost several in the attack and dozens of soldiers the gains would be worth is than IF would be trapped in the middle well the plague spread and they could sneak in plague vials to taint food and water to cripple the defenses. so possible I'd say but I don't she is that bat shit crazy expand ranks is one thing destroy all living life is maybe even beyond her ... but than again..... scary

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but she would have to take out Stormwind first which wouldn't be anywhere as difficult as Ironforge. The Plague would demolish Stormwind just as it demolished Gilneas. And without Stormwind, they could just starve out Ironforge. People highly underestimate the plague. ~5 plague wagons decimated the entire Aliiance and Horde offensive at Wrathgate.

Why she would waste her time on conquering such weak races is beyond me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    What if she decides to attack Stormwind first by marching around Dun Morogh and going through Loch Modan -> Badlands -> Burning Steps -> Elynnn Forest?

Stormwind would also be severely weakened from said plague bombing.

Again, why would the Alliance just stand there while she set all this up? Lets say she marches a massive column of troops south along with all her plague weapons. Whats to stop the Skyfire just blasting the entire march from the air? Even if she hits Ironforge she would have to move an army and large plague weapon carts though unfriendly mountains. Ironforge also has large gates to withstand a siege and Alliance reinforcements are not far away. Not to mention the Argent Crusade and the Ebon Blade would NEVER allow her to do this.

Deleted
    No. Last I checked Sylvanas was having dreams that Varian was going to reconquer the Undercity like he did during Lich King.

If anybody can conquer the Eastern Kingdoms, it's the Alliance. Sylvanas would not be strong enough.

I think the forsaken should get The Uplands and Strahnbrad in Alterac. They shouldn't get too much at a time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Yes, but she would have to take out Stormwind first which wouldn't be anywhere as difficult as Ironforge. The Plague would demolish Stormwind just as it demolished Gilneas. And without Stormwind, they could just starve out Ironforge. People highly underestimate the plague. ~5 plague wagons decimated the entire Aliiance and Horde offensive at Wrathgate.

Why she would waste her time on conquering such weak races is beyond me though.
    The Forsaken got beaten at Gilneas, so...

All Wrathgate showed was the Forsaken betraying the Alliance and the Horde and plaguing them from behind. That would not work if they tried to march onto Stormwind. Sylvanas can't even beat the 7th legion and a ragtag group of worgen, what makes you think she would stand a chance against the entire might of the Alliance?
    Last edited by mmocdf810d1583; 2013-07-26 at 03:41 AM.

No, her status with many Horde leaders is already shaky at best. They keep a close eye on her after the Wrathgate episode. If she tried something in terms of conquering (or pretty much any aggression after the SoO) she would have 2 armies on her doorstep very quickly.

These days, if any Horde faction launched an attack against an Alliance capital city, wouldn't Jaina go all pew pew nuke with the focusing iris?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would the Alliance be able to recover from such a devastating attack and emerge victorious or would they be doomed as the Eastern Kingdom's fall under complete control by Sylvanas and her Forsaken?
    The Forsaken lacks the scourges major advantages of surprise and ignorance. She might have the plague but the Alliance has Gnomish flametanks.

In other words...you can forget the superweapons. What size is her army?

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    These days, if any Horde faction launched an attack against an Alliance capital city, wouldn't Jaina go all pew pew nuke with the focusing iris?
    It's certainly a possibility, with the focusing iris in their possession, Jaina's own innate abilities, the staff of Antonidas (charged with the thunder king's power), and Dalaran, the Kirin Tor is probably (I'm sure the point could be argued) the single most powerful subfaction of the Alliance/Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigowatt View Post
    I think she totally could.

All she has to do is sneak a little plague into IF, and let it spread. She is smart enough to find a way

From there, she has more than enough troops to wipe out Stormwind. They would be able to abuse the Deeprun Tram and sneak in the back, and get directly to the keep and kill the king. From there? Stormwind would turn to chaos and rioting to get out of the city, and she would have herself an even larger army. By then, she has enough to wipe out the alliance as a whole. Once THAT happens? Why not just eliminate the horde too?

Azeroth would belong to the Forsaken!
    The Forsaken plague doesn't work like that.
    It's not a real plague... It's just called that because it was originally designed to act like the scourge plague.

It's a toxic agent, it doesn't spread.
    An area has to be literally completely saturated in it for it to be effective, see Southshore, Halgrind, etc.

That's also why a simple bomb wouldn't work... and why she uses catapults as the method of deployment.
    A large bomb (say the size of the bomb used in Stonetalon) would be mostly filled with explosives, there wouldn't be enough palgue agent to even justify bothering to put the plague in it.. the bomb itself would do more damage.

Really the plague isn't that powerful. Sylvanas' main tactical advantage is the Valkyr.. but that is a very, very sharp double edged sword. The Valkyr aren't particularly powerful outside of their ability to raise the dead. They have little combat prowess, and all but the most powerful (Twin Valkyr, Sister Svalna) can easily be slain by an average experienced warrior (Andorhal, Fenris Isle, ICC trash Vakyr, Utgarde). Sylvanas can't make Valkyr, no one can now that bolvar is the lich king and dormant, and every valkyr Sylvanas loses is one less valkyr to insure that her people continue their existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WC2 Horde didn't have the plague.

How long could Ironforge defend itself against constant "Plague bombing" ?
    The WCII Horde Had Death Knights, Ogres, Trolls, and quite a large host of Demon infused bloodthirsty Orcs, the Forsaken Military might couldn't even compare. I mean The Plague doesn't even guaruntee victory, look at Gilneas, a Kingdom that had been devastated by the Worgen Curse caused a standstill and had Sylvanas go for a truce, with just the aid of the Night Elves, Now imagine them trying to go up against the Worgen, Gnomes, Dwarves and Humans, which are the backbone of the Alliance, factor in the Argent Crusade and possibly even the Knights of the Ebon Blade getting involved, not to mention anyone else in the EK that opposes the Lich Queen, she'd be over with by the time the thought even appeared in her head.

Good point, they could surround Ironforge though and starve it from receiving any supplies outside of the mountain, they would run out of food eventually.
    second war horde tried that. Didn't work because the dwarves and gnomes have a multitude of secret and easily defended tunnels out of the mountain to farmable lands in the mountains.

I don't know but the Nilfgaard can definitely take the Northern Kingdoms.

On-topic: I definitely don't think so (oxymoron?). Ironforge is a fortress. Stormwind now has Jaina. The entirety of the Horde at it's strongest couldn't take either let alone Sylvanas.

That said I don't think the Alliance could ever take Kalimdor either.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15