Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razura View Post
    I dont expect for people to suddenly start re-upping their subs because of the last dungeon of the expansion. If anything they'll wait for the next expansion because the epic grindfest that MoP is will stonewall a lot of people from even seeing it within a reasonable time. The only people who wouldnt have to put up with grinding 5 factions to get the gear necessary to do the final raid would be people who never really gave up the game to begin with
    You don't need to grind up rep with the five factions to get gear for the new raids.

You need to grind up rep and gear via LFR, which is probably a similarly painful prospect for returning players. As much as "doing dungeons to replace the last tier's gear" apparently "overshadowed" people's accomplishments, it'd be a far lesser pain in the ass than repeatedly running LFR.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Expected a bigger drop, subs always go down during expansion, If I had to guess now, I would say that after 5.4 subs will be at around 7.5mil and after new expansion, briefly back to 8mil, then slowly dropping to bit under 7mil during next expansion.

To the "WoW is going F2P" and "WoW is dying" people, not before subs are under 1.5-2mil and that will happen way after blizzard stops development on WoW.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

My server's full, what do I care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Frankly, the yearly pass probably helped with that.

In addition, the problem is probably NOT with (real) raiders... Even if it were, they make up a small percentage of the community anyway. The problem likely lies with people not finding LFR to be an "enjoyable" avenue at max level, if indeed that is all that's available to them. It's the only gear treadmill, and for "casual" players, it's quite frankly the ONLY content they can do... without any sort of real challenge, running that gear treadmill over and over again starts to lose its draw.

I also haven't seen Blizzard do much advertising lately, beyond the initial commercials for MoP.
    Surely flex mode raiding will help there yes? Its Icc10man nerfed pugs.

It's expected and Blizzard themselves have even said they know it will drop more. Theme wise, it's very hit or miss with many people and despite all the faster released content, I wonder if some are just tired of the theme because it can't be for lack of content. There's more to do than ever before. I'd like to think of it's the Burning Legion, that will draw some interest again.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    +1.

I realize alot of the people here like playing the financial genius and love to predict subs falling whenever they can, but lets face it, this doesn't affect you, me or him in any way shape or form. As long as your server has a good population then I dont see why you're complaining.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    +1.

I realize alot of the people here like playing the financial genius and love to predict subs falling whenever they can, but lets face it, this doesn't affect you, me or him in any way shape or form. As long as your server has a good population then I dont see why you're complaining.
    And if Virtual Realms work out people on less populated realm are only going to get a better experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Surely flex mode raiding will help there yes? Its Icc10man nerfed pugs.
    Well, hopefully PuGs can make a comeback with that, yes. It's just kind of a bummer that they have to further obfuscate the raid progression.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Man, I love you guys. The game is at almost half of the subs it once had, so 50% of the players quit WoW. Yet every single person here finds excuses for Blizzard. I don't know.. at least in my case (and I'm 100% confident that I'm not alone), I am waiting for the game to get good for me again. I have absolutely no reason to play right now. WoW doesn't have that 'something' that motivates me to play. WoW is dying, and no, it's not that stupid argument. WoW is dying individually if you get what I mean. WoW is dying for me, at some point it will die for you. For 50% of the players it already died. It doesn't matter if they are from Europe, America or Asia. We all play the same game, even if we use different payment methods. Maybe I'm wrong. But this is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    Man, I love you guys. The game is at almost half of the subs it once had, so 50% of the players quit WoW. Yet every single person here finds excuses for Blizzard. I don't know.. at least in my case (and I'm 100% confident that I'm not alone), I am waiting for the game to get good for me again. I have absolutely no reason to play right now. WoW doesn't have that 'something' that motivates me to play. WoW is dying, and no, it's not that stupid argument. WoW is dying individually if you get what I mean. WoW is dying for me, at some point it will die for you. For 50% of the players it already died. It doesn't matter if they are from Europe, America or Asia. We all play the same game, even if we use different payment methods. Maybe I'm wrong. But this is my opinion.
    The game is also 8 years old.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Cool story bro.
    I happen to enjoy the game right now - so that makes me apologist somehow?

I want to want to play again, I've just been unable to really bring myself back into it. Not sure if its burnout or what, but the game just really feels stale to me. I would love to see it get back to the point where it pulls me back in, but currently the raiding situation is just too aggravating/problematic to really want to deal with. Hopefully Flex raids really will be the cureall that is needed to reinvigorate ten man raiding/pugging. I was disappointed that Blizzard did not put their scaleable content to use with old Dungeons/Raids. I was partially expacting and hoping for that, and I believe that would have been a huge spark for people

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    9.6 to 8.3 was a 8.5% decline.

8.3 to 7.7 is a 7.3% decline.

Losing 7% of your customers in a quarter is not stabilization, they lost roughly the same % of the player base last quarter as they did the quarter before.
    A drop from 9.6 to 8.3 is 13.5% and a drop from 8.3 to 7.7 is 7.2%, and the margin of reduction is reduced by 46.7% which is a stabilization in number of drops.

The game is also 9 years old, to me that is still a good number. those people that may have been in Classic beta, and still play now have been playing for 1/3 to 1/4 of there life ( assuming a later teen early twenties start) yes for some it has lost its appeal, but to that point games like Cod, and Need for speed lost appeal too over time, even Mario has for me at least(last one I played was Mario64)

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    A drop from 9.6 to 8.3 is 13.5% and a drop from 8.3 to 7.7 is 7.2%, and the margin of reduction is reduced by 46.7% which is a stabilization in number of drops.
    thanks for doing the math i was going to when I was more awake
    Last edited by tempis; 2013-07-26 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, i was unsubbed for a while a like 2 months ago. Im not subbed again so lets correct this thread and make it say wow is now at 7.7m and 1 subscriber .

All kidding aside i wont be too worried until they drop below 4m.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I kind of agree with this......so people quite really could care less back to playing my monk.. or other classes.
    Honestly do you expect 12 million people to play the same damn thing for a decade,people are fickle with there attention.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-07-26 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Going from Q4 2010 to today
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-07-26 at 05:52 AM.

It's mid-expansion, a slump is to be expected.

Sigh, why am I getting involved in these stupid discussions? Who cares about subs? Except for using them in stupid e-peen measuring contests on the forums. They have no effect on how fun the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    7.7M would be Q2 numbers

You won't see a result of summer, 5.3 lacklusterness or the cashshop shit storm effects till q3
    All of which is irrelevant and will be drowned out by the next xpac anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get your point. I'm happy with World of Warcraft, so why should I spend my time criticizing it? You're welcome to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Cool story bro.
    I happen to enjoy the game right now - so that makes me apologist somehow?
    Well clearly YOU'RE WRONG like the other 7.7 million people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.