10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortane View Post
    Spark of Zandalar finally dropped after 8 normal and 11 heroic Horridon kills... Plus many bonus rolls

Now all I need is for Ji'kun to cough up his trinket... Any of you guys have horrible trinket luck too?
    We had about 6 sparks (2 normal, 1 tf, 2 hc and 1 hc tf, which I got) and 4 feathers (2 normal, 2 hc, zero tf) if I remember everything right.
    That's 25man, Horridon: 10 normal + 11 heroic kills, Ji-Kun: 8 normal + 13 heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    What's really annoying is that I haven't gotten any new items for 2 weeks now.
    I had 5 weeks with no drops while running 25man. Tell me about bad RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    We've had our first Spark drop yesterday - luckily everyone who needs it already got it from bonus rolls ages ago.
    Haven't seen the Lei Shen trinket since like forever as well (think we've had 2 drops in the first few weeks).
    I got mine ages ago, but wasted probably 8 coins trying to get it. Now, I just coin roll that boss to try and get the mount or TF legs/bracers/spark, and I get Spark (non-TF) every week

What I'm NOT lucky on is shit that I actually need. Still rocking HC JinRohk chest, even though I'm over hit cap. I've coin'd Animus every week, and our raid has NEVER EVER EVER seen a conq chest. Ever. But every vanq toon has 3-4 chests.

What's really annoying is that I haven't gotten any new items for 2 weeks now.
    I know that feel. 4 weeks with nothing of any use dropped/coined. Well, sorta...I got the Crit/Mastery belt off RaDen this week. Given that I can use his ring, boots, and even chest, I was so excited to see loot pop up....only to become a sad. Still sitting on 3-4 522+8 pieces and that stupid chest.

At least SoO loot is amazingly itemized. ETA on 5.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

So last night we got down Megaera(got ranked #3 with stamina flask, yay!) and Durumu after only 3 wipes.
    Then we had about 30 mins tries on Primordius and it wasn't that great, dps seemed extremely slow. So, any insight on this fight?

One's man terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

All DPS kill puddles until the 2nd big ooze spawns. DPS then helps tank finish off the 2nd ooze, gets transformed, pop lust.

Tanks swap every 2 oozes. Get stacks/transformed while you're killing the horrors if you can. if you have a good cleave DPS (like Ele or Destro), they can/should be cleaving off of the big add onto the little slimes to keep a steady supply of puddles for everyone. Rest of DPS just tunnel boss.

Repeat until dead.

FWIW, we were 9/13 HC and couldn't get Primo for a long time because we were literally thinking/trying TOO hard to overthink the fight. Once we just went mongo on it, he fell over in like 2 pulls.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Spark of Zandalar finally dropped after 8 normal and 11 heroic Horridon kills... Plus many bonus rolls

Now all I need is for Ji'kun to cough up his trinket... Any of you guys have horrible trinket luck too?
    Pretty unlucky raid here. I finally got my Feather (Heroic) last night, which was my first from any difficulty level. Won it off a coin, though, as it has yet to drop off the boss (we get that shitty tanking trinket every week, dual drops last week). Spark's yet to drop Heroic.

Personally I've been extremely lucky this tier. I have to keep capping valor to keep up with my upgrades for Prot (I stopped worrying about upgrading Ret, the set's so far behind at this point). Only saying this because when the inevitable downswing happens, like next tier, I won't bitch too much.

How is your Ret set so far behind your Prot one? I think I change like 5 items between the 2: Prot tier helm/shoulders, legs, a ring and chest. Oh, and the weapon (duh).

I never bothered with trying to get Ret tier, though.
    20k and counting...

guess i was lucky and got normal spark on first norm kill, and hc version on first hc kill:P

Feather on the other hand-.-'
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    How is your Ret set so far behind your Prot one? I think I change like 5 items between the 2: Prot tier helm/shoulders, legs, a ring and chest. Oh, and the weapon (duh).

The differences between my prot and ret sets are weapon (obviously), 1 ring, and 1 trinket...of course, I run extra high on expertise as a result (in ret), but I deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

HTF Bo-Ris, Ret Shoulders/Chest/Gloves/Legs, Neck, 1 Ring, Bracers, Belt. I think I end up over 8% hit/exp in ret, just because of the reforges on the non-ret items. And then there's the stamina cloak enchant and the H+2/2+meta prot helm that's stats wise better than the ret helm I have.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    HTF Bo-Ris, Ret Shoulders/Chest/Gloves/Legs, Neck, 1 Ring, Bracers, Belt. I think I end up over 8% hit/exp in ret, just because of the reforges on the non-ret items. And then there's the stamina cloak enchant and the H+2/2+meta prot helm that's stats wise better than the ret helm I have.
    Stupid TF Bo-Ris.

I've got no ret tier, just off-set. Using HTF DA helm with LMG and Tortos shoulders. 543 Lei Shen legs (though I've also got 543 Durumu and Horri legs, but CBA to mess with gems/enchants on all of those). But I use the same bracers (536 Durumu bracers, haste rolled) and belt (JinRohk 543) for Prot and Ret. I have a RaDen belt, but find it subpar to what I'm using. What belt are you using over JinRohk? o.O

I still use the 608 cape with 200 stam as Ret; are you saying you swap in a 543/549?
    20k and counting...

Oh, I have a HTF+2/2 belt for tanking, and a H+2/2 belt for ret. I actually coin-rolled the Bo-Ris one day when rolling on Jin'Rokh for a belt, was like "welp, that's better than LFR Sha weapon!"

- - - Updated - - -

I will totally take the #6 overall dps for 25H Dark Animus with 82% uptime. Poop.

Deleted
    Should i feel stupid for having a mastery build? I`m at 7,5% hit 15% exp , 12k points in mastery and 4k points in haste. My build seems to be working fine, i can tank lfr and normal TOT just fine and i`m not aiming for hc atm. i know everyone is going haste atm, and I`m starting to wonder if i`m not doing it the wrong way.

Deleted
    If you're killing the bosses that you want to kill and not wiping because of your set up then I can't see a problem
    That being said, there's a reason everyone stacks haste: it's our go to stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    That being said, there's a reason everyone stacks haste: it's our go to stat.
    Haste is fun. No-haste build just feels clunky and slow.
    I used to play rogue a lot, and my paladin has 1.03 sec GCD, so almost the same feeling now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Haste is fun. No-haste build just feels clunky and slow.
    I used to play rogue a lot, and my paladin has 1.03 sec GCD, so almost the same feeling now
    meh if he's happy with how he's geared then more power to him.

oddly enough though last few raid nights Ive been feeling a bit clunky myself, wonder if im suffering from some lags in the old 25 mans.

Deleted
    edit: ignore my post, holy fuck didnt realize how many pages this was
    Last edited by mmoc8ecf0a3307; 2013-07-26 at 07:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdon View Post
    Should i feel stupid for having a mastery build?
    The only thing I would say is have you tried the haste build? I went stamina heavy for a long time but after getting two decent trinkets switched to prioritising haste and it felt dramatically different. It feels much more visceral - I don't know the maths, but you can really feel the effect of pressing buttons much more rapidly. Your dps shoots up, naturally, but it did not feel at the cost of survivability (on 10N). Again not sure of the maths, but I think more haste probably means more healing from SoI, more refreshing SS and obviously more HoPo for sotrs. At the same time, I switched to divine purpose as my default talent (although may use HA more on the numerous taunt switch fights).

Mastery may be doing more for you than stamina was for me, but I'd say its worth the cost of the gems/reforges to try out the haste build just to see how you find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    RIP Capacitive Primal Diamond. I guess Blizzard still hasn't quite worked out it's own design yet.
    Why do you say that?
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Oh, I have a HTF+2/2 belt for tanking, and a H+2/2 belt for ret. I actually coin-rolled the Bo-Ris one day when rolling on Jin'Rokh for a belt, was like "welp, that's better than LFR Sha weapon!"
    Hah, yeah I got mine on a coin roll on Primo. Upgraded from a 489 Starshatter to 535. Brawlers guild got surprisingly easy!

Quote Originally Posted by blackdon View Post
    Should i feel stupid for having a mastery build? I`m at 7,5% hit 15% exp , 12k points in mastery and 4k points in haste. My build seems to be working fine, i can tank lfr and normal TOT just fine and i`m not aiming for hc atm. i know everyone is going haste atm, and I`m starting to wonder if i`m not doing it the wrong way.
    While you're certainly not going to be "optimal" by stacking mastery instead of haste, you seem to be happy with how your progress is, which is most of what matters. If you're killing stuff, and not dying, then technically it works.

However, you ARE "doing it wrong" in terms of purely getting max potential out of your character, if that is a concern. You'd be better off swapping those haste and mastery values, and perhaps dropping some expertise to pick up additional haste. It sounds like it's not a concern, though, so no worries

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    RIP Capacitive Primal Diamond. I guess Blizzard still hasn't quite worked out it's own design yet.
    Wait, what?

- - - Updated - - -

AH, this is what he's on about: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9555305441

Let's hope/assume that it's just some tweaking that's boogered up the coding (like it did earlier this tier for a few days), instead of them trying to sneak this in under the radar.
    20k and counting...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1084&e=1381

Code:
    Lightning Strike	11353513	8.1 %	29	357959.9	10380837	1	972676.0	972676
    Worked for me as of 8 hours ago (the first post on that page was 11h for me)