Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    if you get 12/12 you can get 13/13 within 30 minutes.

Ra-den is a joke and always has been.

Only 25man matters in ranking.
    Last edited by Ritthepally; 2013-07-24 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I think xanzul nailed it in his post, looking forward to see OP's response.
    I will not respond. I just wanted to share my thoughts about how easy Ra-den fight is. But this topic became a flame war. I'll just stick to hunter forum.

Why do you say Ra-Den is a faceroll if it took you 15 attempts to beat him down, especially when probably knew everything there is to know about the fight prior to go in. Unless you mean Ra-Den is ridiculously easier than H Lei Shen, but still a hard boss on it's own. When I see people going in H ToT and killing H Jin'Rohk on first attempt, now I can say Faceroll.

I guess we don't have the same definition of the word.

People saying a boss is easy when its being killed in a way thats borderline exploit (its not an exploit before anyone goes apeshit) skipping half its p1 mechanics making it rather trivial? F logic. On that note, anyone killed it the intended way yet and is there a video?

Deleted
    Fact is if you wipe to Ra-den on <20% you are just bad.

Pb with Ra'Den is that some parts of the fight doesn't work properly and Blizzard decided to not fix it to keep the race "fair". Those "bonus" bosses just don't ever seem to get proper testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizyx View Post
    Algalon really wasn't that challenging... the hour limit on attempts made him seem challenging, but the fight itself was not a hard fight. It was much easier than, say, firefighter, and really just on par with the the rest of the medium difficulty hard modes in Ulduar. (I killed Algalon while he was still current content, prior to being able to outgear it.)
    Yeah, I agree. Algalon was challenging but not that bad. I killed him while he was relevant (albeit on 10man), and I am a fairly casual raider. I'm doubt I'm in the top 2500 much less 25

If I killed Algalon (and most other Wrath HMs in fact) but am barely entering heroics now, to me that says he's a zillion times easier than current HM content. I don't think I (or my team) has gotten worse. I think stuff has just ramped up for normal and hardmodes with the addition of LFR. So yeah, Ra-Den may be a pretty easy heroic boss, especially in comparison with other ToT HM bosses, but I think the difficulty incline generally starts a lot higher nowadays.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-07-24 at 07:17 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    We had the vita debuff somehow stay in the raid in the last phase. That made it fun.

Anyone have a video of a guild doing the boss the way that it was intended? Really curious if one exists or if any guild has actually killed him without skipping a phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    Huh? Your chances of wiping under 20% is higher than wiping at 21-40% considering how that phase works, so I don't see the point you are trying to make? If you want to say that, "if you wipe in p2 of Ra-den, you are bad", that would actually make more sense than what you just said.

And I don't think I have to mention this - but to all the people who are killing it months later after the anima phase skip strat surfaced and saying it is easy, you don't expect to get taken seriously by any real raider right? Hell, I killed it maybe a couple of weeks ago too, but if the top guilds never released what they were doing, most of your guilds would not have the foresight to be doing that strat without A LOT of attempts wasted.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2013-07-25 at 05:54 PM.

Lack of testing resulting in clever use of game mechanics, i guess it has a name now: Ra-den.
    #yolo #swag

Deleted
    I sort of followed the guy's train of thought until he called Scrubbusters a semi-hardcore guild...

After Lei Shen, I think blizz wanted to give raiders a break lol. I must admit I am a little disappointed with how you can completely skip a phase of the fight though.

Quote Originally Posted by xagonyx View Post
    Lack of testing resulting in clever use of game mechanics, i guess it has a name now: Ra-den.
    I like it. Next time it happens, I'll definetily say the fight has been raden'd

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Nope ;] You can wipe it just before 5%. For example when your healer dies before this phase and only one left. Or on low health someone (our warrior ^^) detonates bubble. Or someone use BL too early, and healers got OOM and out CDs. Or someone screw queue with debuff and boss dmg done is increased. It's hard to wipe but it's possible
    Unless your tank is a Paladin.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ll...5064#Happypaly

He pretty much solo healed it after his two other healers died.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    After Lei Shen, I think blizz wanted to give raiders a break lol. I must admit I am a little disappointed with how you can completely skip a phase of the fight though.
    Raden should have been a little easier than Leishen, but, common... it's a dummy.
    #yolo #swag

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by braayden View Post
    I sort of followed the guy's train of thought until he called Scrubbusters a semi-hardcore guild...
    Except he didn't say that at all?

Quote Originally Posted by xagonyx View Post
    Raden should have been a little easier than Leishen, but, common... it's a dummy.
    Bullshit. A dummy actually does something.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Ra-Den is definitely way easier to beat than a lot of other HC bosses in ToT.

As others have said, he was not meant to be the toughest mo-fo eva!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meqq View Post
    If you think they only raid those times then you're terribly wrong haha.
    I hope you're not comparing Scrubbusters with a regular top 700 guild. They're #8, that's the top of the top and they have somewhat "casual" raiding times. If you were to see how many of the top 25 guilds that raid LESS than Scrubbusters, you'd probably find... zero.
    I'm fairly certain that if Scrubbusters doubled or tripled their time to get to the level of the other top 10 teams, then they'd be able to compete for the first spot, but they're not super hardcore, they're just very very skilled. At least from my perspective.