Thread: Elemental 5.4?

Elemental 5.4?

Just curious do you guys believe we will be receiving any buffs come 5.4 since spell tuning should start happening soon. If not what do you believe is going to change?

10+ Year Old Account
    One day, i will really hope my flame shock doesnt share the cd with my earth shock... one day, this is my wish

I don't see why we would. Our damage ( which is pretty good overall) is relative to our difficulty. I feel we will stay right where we are and that's ok.

The 2x fire totems is a pretty good bump. The focus is on (deservedly so) resto atm so I doubt you will see the removal of GCD or Ascendance as a stance instead of a CD in 5.4...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    One day, i will really hope my flame shock doesnt share the cd with my earth shock... one day, this is my wish
    Elemental is already among the easiest specs in the game. This would make it a clear winner

Meh I think talking about difficulty of specs is kind of stupid, they are all easy.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Elemental is already among the easiest specs in the game. This would make it a clear winner
    ho i know hehe, its the only thing i would see change, other than that i think they have a good safe spot in term of class difficulty and damage, and thier aoe is.... insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Meh I think talking about difficulty of specs is kind of stupid, they are all easy.
    Yea, I don't get how Ele is much easier. WoW rotations (or priority systems) are completely dumbed down. The difficulty just comes in providing utility and adapting to boss mechanics while maintaining that rotation.
    On that level, it's all pretty similar. I just don't have to change my gameplay on each trinket proc, but that's about it. Our AoE is pretty OP though, but it's some consolation for the lack of spread aoe (multi-dotting) like most of the other casters.

Deleted
    just to undestand something..easiest meaning?pve?pvp?easy to know what to do?easy to be effective no matter the situation?just asking..

Quote Originally Posted by taylerderten View Post
    just to undestand something..easiest meaning?pve?pvp?easy to know what to do?easy to be effective no matter the situation?just asking..
    the base rotation of elemental is easy. the complex part is about handling es and fs shock shared cd. else it is pretty straight forward. just look at the sticky guide and you see what I mean. that's why I prefer ele. if you are new to ele in short time you can play it without issues. also cd handling is very easy. for example I find it more difficult with my moonkin.

this allows you to concentrate more on what happens around you. it does not mean it is easy to win pvp or be top dps in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    I don't see why we would. Our damage ( which is pretty good overall) is relative to our difficulty. I feel we will stay right where we are and that's ok.
    nope.

classes are not scaled relative to 'difficulty'

I think we're fine. Maybe there will be scaling issues but I think the buff to lava burst may have helped with that. Only thing I could think of would be the shared shock cooldown but even that isn't bad. Only when something unexpected happens and you have to wait a little to put a flame shock on something. Being able to have two types of totems out is pretty cool. Not sure that it would overtake call of elements though.

well an ele in us forums said on ptr currently a lot of other ranges got some buffs and are currently stronger then ele.
    also our 2/4 tier set bonus are not that good. 2 set is bad on target switching and 4set with low damage, only 1 ele per time is not looking that good. some prefer 2set + off pieces already.

however we are not on number tuning yet and the "last moment change for elemental" is also not done yet^^

Ele could see scaling issues again.

I'm already exceeding both Haste and Mastery caps in ToT gear with SoO trinket procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Dave View Post
    Ele could see scaling issues again.

I'm already exceeding both Haste and Mastery caps in ToT gear with SoO trinket procs.
    Oh ya I forgot about that issue. Not sure if there's an easy fix for that. The haste one seems like something some other classes would have issues with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Oh ya I forgot about that issue. Not sure if there's an easy fix for that. The haste one seems like something some other classes would have issues with as well.
    I think the main issue is that you could bump all stats on haste, mastery and crit. and some classes benefit from all three stats more than we do. we do not need crit so we only have to stats.
    but we are not on numbers yet. who says they do not change this trinket if they see there is a unbalance between the casters and the usage of it? also there could be a last minute change for ele that raises slightly crit usage so that it is not that bad as it is now.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2013-07-26 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    I think the main issue is that you could bump all stats on haste, mastery and crit. and some classes benefit from all three stats more than we do. we do not need crit so we only have to stats.
    but we are not on numbers yet. who says they do not change this trinket if they see there is a unbalance between the casters and the usage of it? also there could be a last minute change for ele that raises slightly crit usage so that it is not that bad as it is now.
    The problem is that we're one of only 2 DPS specs that has a Mastery hard cap, and we're the only DPS class that is in danger of reaching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Dave View Post
    The problem is that we're one of only 2 DPS specs that has a Mastery hard cap, and we're the only DPS class that is in danger of reaching it.
    edit: ok at least the trinket proc where you get additional 80% of your crit/haste/mastery seems to be gone, it is now a passive 13% which means you need 89% to get over 100% (the old trinket was ~55% mastery for cap during proc)
    not sure if we really reach a cap now with the new equipment
    Last edited by Nebria; 2013-07-26 at 12:46 PM.

The stats are actually relatively balanced.

Crit is not much worse than Haste and Mastery. Worst stat in this case does not mean a stat to ignore.