Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Less is more, why WoW isn't what it used to be.

LFD, This ruined the ability of everyone running to a dungeon, meeting up with a bunch of people and fighting opposing factions.
    "Stand's waiting, then all of an sudden a Undead Warlock comes with a group of friends. You try to survive until your friends arrive, then fight them or run into the instance because you're scared." This engaged epic world pvp and allowed people in the world.

Flying Mounts ruined the WORLD aspect of the game. World of Warcraft was exciting because we got to see new areas in the world to explore.
    Cataclysm revamped an entire world that we used to love, but they decided to hand out flying mounts at level 60 and increase the rate of quests, not only did this force us to skip over alot of great towns, forests, villages, caves, but it also pushed us out of the "NEW" questing zones alot faster because Exp was too low. Removing flying from kalimdor and eastern kindgoms until level 80, instead of 60.

Heroic Mode made raiding so basic.
    In ulduar, we had to do special things to unlock heroic mode, then ICC comes out and boom, Heroic Lichking in a flick of a menu switch.
    Yes, they've added elite modes to fix this problem, but it doesn't really FIX the problem. This game is becoming nothing but menu's.

LFR, This design was great, till it was implemented.
    Grouped up with 24 random strangers, who won't give a flying hoot about you. Then you have atleast 4 people who queue, put someone on follow, then afks while they're eating chips or watching re runs of Big Bang Theory. Flex modes is supposed to fix this problem, but once again they're implementing it wrong. Remove LFR, and implement Flex mode into normal. That way we can recruit others from diff realms but still be engaged. Heroic Modes would still require a server coordinated group for that current content.

The World is Evolving while World of Warcraft is not.

We still pay $15 a month, and $40 for a new expansion that comes out. I feel it's about time blizzard lowers their price for a month, or remove it completely. Keep the prices for expansions, but remove the monthly fee. That way you can focus on a blizzard store that would engage players.
    Like league of legends and their skins. (Helm transmogs was a slap to our face, especially when we pay for this game. I have a Celestial Steed, but epic transmog like that just hurts. HURTS!)

Dailies in Mists of Pandaria are boring and dead.

Not much to comment on this anymore as 5.1 had a good model on dailies and 5.3 does too, although 5.3 quests were over too fast. Have it progress every week like 5.1 dailies did with rep, with a short storyline.

The world of PvP, slapped in the face.
    Making gold as a pvper isn't a reality unless you're an enchanter. Make the gold that drops from players you kill higher. All it drops is copper, my repair bill from dying from pets is higher than that. Allow us to once again go out in the world to queue for a battleground and arenas.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Deleted
    I agree with most of your statements but making this game F2P won't make the game any better. I fear they would implement RMAH or pay2win stuff in game wich would just ruin the game even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    LFD

LFR
    I dare you to come play on my server for a month. Let's see how long you last without resorting to those two things.

While I agree with all the points (Except the subscription fee, they've only just released the store, give it time!), did this really need it's own thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    While I agree with all the points (Except the subscription fee, they've only just released the store, give it time!), did this really need it's own thread?
    And I disagree with all of his points. But yeah, does this need an own thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I dare you to come play on my server for a month. Let's see how long you last without resorting to those two things.
    That's what virtual realms is for.

Deleted
    Agree with OP. Most of us know it though. Some are in denial.

I stick with my view of Wow Classic being released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    IF subs keep dropping like that WoW will become buy2play + ingame store with lots of cosmetic items in 2 years. Calling it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what virtual realms is for.
    Yes, but if it was F2P, then chances of the existance of Virtual Realm might be a lot slimmer. So, would still be problems for some. Though, less servers. But currently, F2P is not the right way for the game.

As well, haven't we had so many threads about this? Though, this one is a little more detailed than others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    IF subs keep dropping like that WoW will become buy2play + ingame store with lots of cosmetic items in 2 years. Calling it now.
    Now that you say it, I feel like they implemented those helms in the blizzard store, because they knew how much subscribers they were losing. (Yes, we still have 7 million) Maybe they're testing the waters before they splash into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Wont call anything, as the subs can also climb when new expansion comes out.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know why people bitch about dailies anymore.

I disagree, but at least understand, why people felt pressured to do them early in the expansion so they could get into 489s faster for raiding, especially if those people had guilds that made it mandatory.

Now that you can easily jump right into 502s without doing a single rep grind, I don't even understand why people are bitter about them. There is pretty much no reason to do them now except for your personal design to get vanity rewards like mounts or tabards or fulfill your reputation OCD.

I hate dailies so I never do them. If you're the same way, don't torture yourself.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-07-26 at 11:35 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Just a couple counter-points.

*LFD has its downsides but at least I don't have to spam trade for 30 minutes for a pug (or even longer depending on the time of day/population of the server). It was incredibly frustrating trying to do dungeons when you were on a different schedule from most people and could play in the mornings or late at night when people weren't on.

*Flying mounts, yes I sort of regret that they were added, but what's done is done.

*Blizz explained why they changed it to a menu-based heroic activation. There are only so many ideas for activating heroic modes before you have to start repeating yourself. Their solution to this is to make interesting raid achievements to encourage different ways of approaching fights.

*How flex-mode would help people overcome the difficulty barrier of normal modes, I don't know. They're making it a separate, easier difficulty for a reason.

*I'd much rather have a sub model than a cash shop. Do you really want them to focus *more* on store development at the cost of other content?

*I don't see how the pvp problem is any different from, oh, let's say...7 years ago? And wtf is the point of queuing out in the world? So fewer people would queue and queues would end up longer?
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that you say it, I feel like they implemented those helms in the blizzard store, because they knew how much subscribers they were losing. (Yes, we still have 7 million) Maybe they're testing the waters before they splash into it.
    Nope, they made them to allow people to have a choice of buying something special for their account. They have said before that they wanted to expand the store no matter what. And the scary part is, if you cut it down on servers (not critical) then they can easily run around with a subscription even at 500.000 active accounts. Though, generally dislike many F2P models excisiting. Either it helps or kills the game (See SWTOR).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't even know why people bitch about dailies anymore.

I disagree, but at least understand, why people felt pressured to do them early in the expansion so they could get into 489s faster for raiding, especially if those people had guilds that made it mandatory.

Now that you can easily jump right into 502s without doing a single rep grind, I don't even understand why people are bitter about them. There is pretty much no reason to do them now except for your personal design to get vanity rewards like mounts or tabards or fulfill your reputation OCD.

I hate dailies so I never do them.
    Well, if you wish to progress, then people should get to work. I don't mind the dailies, it's part of your "ladder" for better equipment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, if you wish to progress, then people should get to work. I don't mind the dailies, it's part of your "ladder" for better equipment.
    It's a completely skippable gear progression rung now, though. A couple pieces of crafted and some non-rep VP rewards or pvp gear and you're into Tier 14 LFR. A few pieces there and you're into Tier 15 LFR getting 502.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

If there is a single word or two that describes what ruined WoW its "accessibility" or "more accessibility".

MMOs as a genre have always thrived on the exclusivity factor. Remember when I first started playing the game. There was a rogue decked out in Ulduar gear that was standing in Stormwind and I was just in awe looking at her. This was when I was probably in the very low levels. I never knew or even expected what I would have to go through or what raiding would be like.

Now almost everyone has access to gear. And don’t tell me that gear doesn’t matter or Heroic raiders have “heroic” written on the item. It matters a lot and always has. Raiding simply became more accessible as expansions were released. And that is just to do with raiding.

The game as a whole is simply accessible to everyone and anyone with no effort required. There is nothing that distinguishes one from the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post

*LFD has its downsides but at least I don't have to spam trade for 30 minutes for a pug (or even longer depending on the time of day/population of the server). It was incredibly frustrating trying to do dungeons when you were on a different schedule from most people and could play in the mornings or late at night when people weren't on.

*Flying mounts, yes I sort of regret that they were added, but what's done is done.

*Blizz explained why they changed it to a menu-based heroic activation. There are only so many ideas for activating heroic modes before you have to start repeating yourself. Their solution to this is to make interesting raid achievements to encourage different ways of approaching fights.

*How flex-mode would help people overcome the difficulty barrier of normal modes, I don't know. They're making it a separate, easier difficulty for a reason.

*I'd much rather have a sub model than a cash shop. Do you really want them to focus *more* on store development at the cost of other content?

*I don't see how the pvp problem is any different from, oh, let's say...7 years ago? And wtf is the point of queuing out in the world? So fewer people would queue and queues would end up longer?
    LFD has downsides, yes but still one of the best ideas added to the game.

Don't mind the flying mounts.

"Blizz explained why they changed it to a menu-based heroic activation. There are only so many ideas for activating heroic modes before you have to start repeating yourself. Their solution to this is to make interesting raid achievements to encourage different ways of approaching fights." - Agreeing on that completely.

Flex mode is that little step between LFR and Normal, giving a little more challenge and demands. Able to group with people from your VRM system or server instead of LFR.

YES! Want sub more than F2P with cash shop... I don't want them to use more time than needed on the store. The things sold currently are minimal of what would be if there was F2P. So, no thanks - people would just whine about Blizzard not using enough time because of the store if it was F2P (Even though they already whine about it, though they haven't changed away from the main planned content).

PvP shouldn't be an income, it's war. You can already loot those quest things from players which sells between 20g and 300g a piece. There's no problem with no rewards but honor/conquest and kicking peoples asses!

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post

I agree with the different schedule. Most people who play are casual now. I don't have time to raid 5 days a week, for 6 hours.

Not all bosses are the same, they could've found a way. Sounds like a lazy excuse to me.

Being able to queue with people from diff realms, and having the raid change depending on how many people you have.

Have a point, they should lower the price to $15 for 2 months then.

World PVP is dead, that's the problem. Mists of Pandaria was supposed to fix that problem, but after the first week when everyone
    stopped leveling and then next patch when sha and galleon died, everyone was standing in shrine.
    My posts are in red.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's a completely skippable gear progression rung now, though. A couple pieces of crafted and some non-rep VP rewards or pvp gear and you're into Tier 14 LFR. A few pieces there and you're into Tier 15 LFR getting 502.
    Yes, right now. But those dailies back then was needed back then. Just because you're in a new tier doesn't mean they should make them easier/spam able. Since new content also means new dailies.

I have to say, I disagree with almost everything.

LFD - Massive improvement, nothing was fun about spamming trade for 45+ minutes to make a group for something that takes 10-15 minutes to complete. Was horrible before, this is a great implementation.

Flying Mounts - Another large improvement, prior to them your options were either running places on ground mounts that took 5+ minutes to get somewhere, or taking flightpaths where you just got up and left your computer til you arrived. How are those two things better than flying mounts?

Heroic Modes - I'll kind of agree, sort of, a little. Ulduar was cool, and the way to make the fights harder was implemented well. However, since the mechanics change regardless I don't see this as a big deal at all.

LFR - This is just kinda there, good for players who don't/can't raid and for those of us that can it's not really a bad thing. I don't really do LFR anymore, there's simply no need, but I'm not going to complain about optional content.

Payment - I see no reason why they should remove the insanely cheap subscription. $15 is next to nothing for an entire month, safe to say if you can't afford $15 a month you need to fix your priorities in life. No idea why this would be complained about.

Dailies - Again, entirely optional, haven't done any dailies in months no idea what the point is in complaining about them. They're kinda just there, but they're entirely optional. Dailies will never be fun, it doesn't matter how they're implemented, they simply won't be fun, it's just a pointless grind.

PvP - Never had a problem with gold personally in PvP, but I also don't only do PvP. I make my gold from killing raid bosses, plus with guild repairs it isn't a problem at all. And you can queue for BGs/arenas from anywhere in the world, before you had to queue at certain NPCs that were always in major towns, no idea what you're talking about here.

Overall, seems like you're complaining about things that either make the game more fun/less grindy, or things that that are entirely optional.