10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Anyway, I can tank Mogushan raid at LFR level with no issues, but when i tried to tank the Dread Approach last night, I died twice in the first two trash encounters. I was very embarrassed by this and had to switch to a healing spec to finish the raid.
    Early HoF trash sucks don't use that as a gauge to your tanking ability. Every char I've done HoF1 on resulted in 2-3 complete wipes to that trash.

Now, if you are struggling on the actual boss encounters that is an issue but also one best fixed by posted logs.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    yeah the trash there is a motherfucker, tbh it's the hardest "boss" in the raid... Once you've got passed them it's actually much easier
    It's just very embarrassing is all. After that experience I decided would have to switch to WW in order to farm some gear from LFR (obviously can't farm it as a MW without intellect gear dropping ), and once I get a higher iLvL i want to switch back to BrM. I don't like being melee DPS frankly, not at all but i love being a tank.

The first time I tried to get shuffle up twice in the first 5 GCDs (Keg Smash>Bok>Jab>Jab>Bok) and that didn't work.
    The second time I tried to get Shuffle and Guard up (Keg Smash>BoK>Jab>TP>Jab>Guard) and that also didn't work.

I not sure what better i could do in that opener except switching talents to Chi Brew and opening with (Chi Brew/Guard>BoK>KS>BoK)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Early HoF trash sucks don't use that as a gauge to your tanking ability. Every char I've done HoF1 on resulted in 2-3 complete wipes to that trash.

Now, if you are struggling on the actual boss encounters that is an issue but also one best fixed by posted logs.
    I felt so bad I just said "I can't do this" and one of the DPS switched to a Tank and a Healer Switched to DPS and I switched to Healer, and then we finished the raid, i was second best healer at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt so bad I just said "I can't do this" and one of the DPS switched to a Tank and a Healer Switched to DPS and I switched to Healer, and then we finished the raid, i was second best healer at least.
    Just accept that HoF1 trash is a terrible PITA and you WILL die every time you run it most likely. Hell I bet Riki would still die when I detonate myself on those reflect a-holes or while stunned with sub-par healers trying to keep me up.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

So first week of real work on H Dark Animus and wondering if me basically transcending 4/5 Anima Ring's and CD'ing/External through the 1 stack I roll through on every 5th is a valid strat once we start getting further into the fight? I noticed once he starts using Interrupting Jolt it seemed to delay the rings long enough to dodge 100% on my own.

Fight seems to be 99% based on the rest of the raid not derping so figured if I can just do my own thing without help it would help the learning curve for rest of the raid.
    When I was doing it on my monk, I was doing something similar. We just had someone else take an orb instead of having me use a CD and take an orb.

Surreal - While I appreciate you wanting to take care of all the rings yourself, you really should have one of your dps do it as his role right from the beginning so it becomes 2nd nature to them. That way if you cannot for some reason, all of a sudden you ask them to and they are clueless.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there an ideal spec for soaking the rings? Seems like the debuff on a dps would result in the little add + dot face smashing them to death.
    [/URL]

We have a healer semi-near me when we do it who's sole job is to pick up an orb from the ring. Later into the fight when the small golems are dead, a rogue does it.

I always have a mistweaver next to me doing it, with a shadow priest as a backup.

I also wouldn't recommend taking orb stacks yourself without Fort Brew available. In fact, I only use FB when I take orb stacks for whatever reason (or if another tank is dead and I'm tanking a Massive as well).

10+ Year Old Account
    hey guys, i will admit, first of all, that I am not a proper raider but rather merely a LFG/LFR hero, (and i don't expect to ever accomplish much beyond that) nevertheless i want to be better at what i do.

Anyway, I can tank Mogushan raid at LFR level with no issues, but when i tried to tank the Dread Approach last night, I died twice in the first two trash encounters. I was very embarrassed by this and had to switch to a healing spec to finish the raid.

Is there a big jump in damage output between the Mogushan Raid and Mantid raid that i am not geared for? Or is it more a question of technique?
    As others said, that trash just sucks.

Try ring of peace followed by a grapple weapon on the pull to ease the damage intake and give yourself some time to build up some elusive brew stacks. If you feel like you're in danger don't be afraid to fort brew there. Also watch out for the stun and keep your nimble brew handy.

Also, try to communicate with your co-tank to make sure that they're picking up SOME of the mobs, half the reason why people get ganked on that trash is cause they end up tanking everything.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there an ideal spec for soaking the rings? Seems like the debuff on a dps would result in the little add + dot face smashing them to death.
    I told you who I had soaking my rings. Mistweaver Monk. If he couldn't get them our resto shammy got them. I saved transcendence as a backup or a oh shit no one's going to get the rings. I wouldn't rely on you always taking them because you're going to get that one wipe where everything's going smooth and bam you fuck it up and probably wipe the raid. Ya know what I mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I told you who I had soaking my rings. Mistweaver Monk. If he couldn't get them our resto shammy got them. I saved transcendence as a backup or a oh shit no one's going to get the rings. I wouldn't rely on you always taking them because you're going to get that one wipe where everything's going smooth and bam you fuck it up and probably wipe the raid. Ya know what I mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    I always have a mistweaver next to me doing it, with a shadow priest as a backup.

I also wouldn't recommend taking orb stacks yourself without Fort Brew available. In fact, I only use FB when I take orb stacks for whatever reason (or if another tank is dead and I'm tanking a Massive as well).
    I was able to eat 1 ring, and I mean ONLY one ring with dampen harm, but you've got to purify like every damn melee because of the amount of stagger he throws at you, then again I'm in a 25m guild so don't know how hard he hits with 1 ring debuff on 10h.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took rings on 10 man for vengence when I was only tanking DA no problem. Would not recommend doing this later into the fight but when my pally was killing larges into the two massives after like the 4th siphion it was pretty easy to just eat 1 ring. If you get 2 on 10 man you are in trouble and will probably die =P

After that experience I decided would have to switch to WW in order to farm some gear from LFR (obviously can't farm it as a MW without intellect gear dropping )
    Uh, yes you can? Just select BrM as the specialization you want to receive loot for in your settings. It baffles me how many people have no clue this option exists.

Rightclick on your char, it's right there in the list along with the options for dungeon settings. It doesn't even require you to actually HAVE any specific spec in order to receive loot for it.
    Last edited by Callypso; 2013-07-26 at 12:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Uh, yes you can? Just select BrM as the specialization you want to receive loot for in your settings. It baffles me how many people have no clue this option exists.

Rightclick on your char, it's right there in the list along with the options for dungeon settings. It doesn't even require you to actually HAVE any specific spec in order to receive loot for it.
    hey thank you for this advice!
    I guess I missed the memo when this option was added into the game, so it's the first time i've heard about it. I will use this now for all my off specs

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    As others said, that trash just sucks.

Try ring of peace followed by a grapple weapon on the pull to ease the damage intake and give yourself some time to build up some elusive brew stacks. If you feel like you're in danger don't be afraid to fort brew there. Also watch out for the stun and keep your nimble brew handy.

Also, try to communicate with your co-tank to make sure that they're picking up SOME of the mobs, half the reason why people get ganked on that trash is cause they end up tanking everything.

Just split up the shield masters on one tank and the rest on the other. That way you know who will get stunned and can plan accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I was able to eat 1 ring, and I mean ONLY one ring with dampen harm, but you've got to purify like every damn melee because of the amount of stagger he throws at you, then again I'm in a 25m guild so don't know how hard he hits with 1 ring debuff on 10h.
    I survived 3 once on 25 man, with FB, Life Cocoon and probably other stuff thrown at me in panic. Still wouldn't recommend doing it on a regular basis, the boss can be a real pain even without a tank dying.

So I have a weapon question if someone doesn't mind helping with. I have the LFR Wu-Lai and the LFR Claw of Sheekzeer (upgraded iLevel) and a 516 Heroic Scenario Fist weapon. Typically I'd go with the higher iLevel weapon, but given that the Claw and Wu-Lai both have sockets, and I could add another socket to the Wu-Lai what weapons would you guys use?

I only do LFR, but I still like to be geared properly in case I ever have free time to do Normal Raiding again.

My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kabau/advanced and you can see the rest of my gear setup (forgot to enchant the LFR Wu-Lai and the bracer, please ignore).

I used Ask Mr Robot and it said to use the Wu-Lai and Claw, but it just felt weird going down in iLevel when I could be using a 516 iLevel Fist.

10+ Year Old Account
    The upgraded Claw+500 agil gem is the correct off hand. The 516 will have more a little agil/stam and weapon DPS than the Wu-Lai but the claw will have more secondary stats, from a scoring perspective the extra Haste/Crit/socket put the claw ahead in AMR.
    [/URL]

That's probably why I've been having so much trouble deciding between the two. Since I just do LFR I don't think my DPS really matters as much, so I'll stick with Wu-Lai for the extra stats to help me survive when the LFR healers forget that I need to be healed when I'm tanking bosses. Thanks Rikimu.

Deleted
    Greetings, i just came back to wow after leaving in start of MoP and because of that i now just started tanking heroics on my monk.
    Now doing LFG, obviously we got a ton of impatient DPS who just starts mass pulling and whining i am slow but thing is, i simply feel like i will melt with too many mobs.
    Are monks good for big aoe pulls and i am just scared? If so can i have some tips on how to deal with those.
    Note that i never played a tank spec so i am completely new to the whole concept :P
    If it is required I can't post my armory here cause i am too new but its Assirra at Defias Brotherhood.
    Last edited by mmoce36ef59794; 2013-07-27 at 04:18 AM.

So A quick question for the community out there.. looking to tank Challenge modes as a brewmaster.. trying to decide with gear and such being scaled down and trash hitting so hard if a mastery stam build would be the best way to go? Any feedback would be appreciated.