Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Age has nothing to do with the game's downfall. The flawed philosophy and outright blasphemous design decisions over the years have caused the game to succumb to th powers of hell.

WoW still has so many players and why is bleeding fast there are a few reasons:
    1.It can in time when there weren't many good MMOs so it didn't have big competition on the market.
    2.Many people keep playing it only because they have invested too much time and effort in it and just are not willingto switch to some other MMO
    3.WoW was full with many friends and families who liked to play together,the core game is just not what it was in Vanila and BC.
    4.There are a lot of Multiboxers who got middle finger shown when following in instances was removed.
    5.It is getting old and blizzard is not willing to put time and effort to improve neither the engine neither the game at such pace as the playerbase wants so it's normal that it is loosing subcribers
    6.When WoW subscribers reach the BC numbers only then will be staying those who actually like the game.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2013-07-27 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted
    They are going down more and more. Seems like that vid that mocked people uncertain about wow panda xpac wasnt that true anyway:

The days when people "always return to wow" aren't happening anymore. There are more games out there now, more competition.
    My friends were somewhat interested in going back to wow, we quit before LFR-launch patch. However, the xpac still caused scepticism so it never really happens. Personally Im all happy about other games and cant see why I would return to wow. I laughed when they launched trailer at blizzcon, then I read about content. Daily quests shouldnt be any surprise to anyone since it was said more content would be given out this xpac and a patch would include either daily quests or a raid. Personally I killed myself with argent tournament dailies so I wasnt really up for more =)

I read about participation in dreamhack summer here in sweden. They were talking about male/female participation and they said a couple of years ago entire families went there to play wow together. It doesnt happen anymore so now theres mostly men there again. Also people really dont talk about wow anymore, making references to the game by teachers doesnt have same effect as it did 3 years ago. Nowadays also when hearing about young gaming addicts more often LoL is the game behind it.

It would be interesting to know about the actual subnumber for EU and NA. 7,7 millions, and how many from East are there left to lose?
    My bet is, could it be around 3 millions in EU+NA? It should be checkable, how many servers are full peak hours and what's each servers capacity? Should give some hint about the situation.

Also I remember this one, added on youtube a month before I quit, doesnt seem that irrelevant today either:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsharr View Post
    Stop living he past, wow got so big because that had no real competition and was new. Old solutions will not increase subs, people left even at the peak. And wil not come back to do the same old things. People change, games change. Deal with it.
    And why should we just accept what blizzard did with the game ? You are one of those sheeps what just accept and follow everything what others say or do? If you didnt notice some poeple actualy care about this game more then others what dont give **** and dont want to let blizz comepletly destroy this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    wowprogress.com

It will tell you how many raiding guilds there are, and how many guilds can clear various bosses. Even if you make generous assumptions about the number of raiders in each guild (most guilds in reality will have only slightly more than 10 raiders), the total number of people raiding in normal/heroic is a small fraction of the player population,

Actually, subs stabilized for two quarters when LFR came out.
    Becous of annual pass for diablo 3 omg.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2013-07-27 at 07:09 AM.

I'm sad about the sub loss. It really does affect the game experience for everyone, even if people don't realize it.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    i hope more leave so i can finally have a chance at time-lost proto
    Not to mention the zandalari warbringers on high pop servers.

Stocks are doing mighty good though I should had invested!

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I expect they will keep dropping, go back up a little next expansion for people who have hopes Blizz will finally get their heads out of their ass then go back down if they don't, probably lose even more to be honest.

Waiting for the "The game is old" excuse and others.
    Heads out of their ass? MoP is the best ( maybe TBC beats it but I think that's mostly nostalgia) expansion yet. Miles better then Cata and it definitely beats out TLK. I hope they keep going and make the next expansion even better then this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Theres an obvious difference in the quality of the game when you compare TBC and Wrath to Cata and MoP. Why can we see this yet the people at Blizzard cant?
    I'm not certain that quality is the best word for the nature of the change - there has been some very good work done post-Wrath. In a lot of ways, when it comes to world design, story, and setting, MoP is comparable to BC. But the underlying game is far, far weaker now than it used to be. Little bits of the structure of the game have been being ripped out for year after year, with nothing taking their place. It's become increasingly obvious that during Ghostcrawler's time as Lead Systems Designer WoW gameplay has become hollowed out - there's less classic MMO-style play (numbers, synergy, gearing and building your raid comp right, for example) and more near-arcade-style fights (stand here now, now move here, hit this button in the right 2-second window). Blizzard can build the shiniest world in the history of MMOs, but if the underlying game isn't compelling, players will leave. (Conversely, players WILL put up with a degree of old graphics and crappy content if the gameplay is fun and engaging.) I think MoP did make some steps in the direction of making WoW a better game, but it was a sort of "two-steps forward, three-steps back" approach.

As for why the folks in charge at Blizz can't see it... very few people (especially in the American corporate model of business) have the fortitude to say, "We screwed the pooch on this one, chief - put someone else in charge here." As Upton Sinclair famously said, "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Other pc games are just as successful if not more

Infact

The Sims 2 20 million sold
    The Sims 16 million sold
    Diablo III 12 million sold
    Half-Life 2 12 million sold
    Minecraft 11.4 million sold
    Battlefield 2 11 million sold
    StarCraft 11 million sold
    The Sims 3 10 million sold
    Half-Life 9.3 million sold
    Guild Wars 6.5 million sold
    Myst 6 million sold
    StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty 6 million sold
    SimCity 3000 5 million sold

I don't see wow on that list
    If you look in terms of revenue rather than the copies sold the number would be different - I guess we could take some multibox people out of it, but 12million subs means 12million games (wotlk) 9.6million at start of Pandaria means 9.6million games sold, as I said minus the multiboxers lets say -25% - still beats most of those before we talk about subscription/vanity pet/ server transfer/name changes etc... revenues.

Honestly population drop is going to happen, people stop playing mmo's (and games in general) over time all the time. Sure there are other mmo's besides wow, like Rift and SWTOR, both of which have gone F2P, and GW2, which I haven't seen much updating to that in a long while (of content, I don't care about adding "politics" recently) which seems to be dropping whatever numbers they had. Thing is for a long while to go, WoW is still going to have a higher population than all other mmo games out, and the moment they decide to go F2P, their numbers will shoot up just like SWTOR (and probably rift, haven't checked recently) did when it went F2P.

In short,pop. drop does not matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    This drop is just part of the process. It'll go back up 2 mil when 5.4 drops, then back down by the end of expansion. When the new xpac comes out, it'll be at a new all time high again. Nothing to see here.
    I don't know, it sounds like your world is an interesting place and probably has some very nifty sights. For example, what color is the sky there?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

You are wrong.A subscriber is not equal to a buyer.What i mean is you can have active account but you may not have bought the latest expansion.
    9.6 million active players is NOT 9.6 MoP boxes sold

Blizzard themselves said they expect more subscription losses for the year last report.

I do wonder just how many subscribers there truly are in the EU/US, as people for some reason say. Oh its only in the East they lost subs. But when they say, We still have 7.7mill. Those same people include the Eastern subs which they didnt care unsubbed as they dont pay a normal subscription like EU/US.

I also wonder if FFXIV A Realm Reborn 27th August will make a dent in WOWs subs. As there has been pretty good feedback on its beta so far and XIV has received over 2 million beta applications and won best MMO game 2013 twice, Destructoid and at E3.
    I have been waiting patiently ever since they shut down the original 1.0 servers to play XIV again in its new form and I think with PC and PS3 servers being crossplatformed, that XIV might have 300-400K active subs post-launch ^^

Every mmo that comes out takes a number off of wow's population. There's no WoW killer but each mmo swings a punch and injures it little by little.

*waves at all the tin-hatters rabbling about their favorite reason(s)why WoW keeps losing subs* Keep it up guys, say it often and enough and it'll become true. Cos nobody's reasons why each and every person quit make as much sense as your reasons! Blizzard is completely stupid and incompetent and if they'd do what you say the game would triple its subs overnight and spark a Golden Age for all mankind! Plus ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I don't know, it sounds like your world is an interesting place and probably has some very nifty sights. For example, what color is the sky there?
    Well i prefer his world they your full of pity and sadnes

Quote Originally Posted by jaystea View Post
    Every mmo that comes out takes a number off of wow's population. There's no WoW killer but each mmo swings a punch and injures it little by little.
    Yeah I myself find it pretty silly to call 1 game a Game Killer. As one game cant make it so that another game no longer exists
    But another game can kill of the interest a player has for a similar game. To me, XIV was my personal "WOW killer" hehe. Played WOW for 6 years. Tried Rift, Swtor, Aion etc, but none of them managed to pull me away from wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Waiting for the "The game is old" excuse and others.
    Really this is no excuse but an amazing accomplishment. No (P2P/B2P) game in the history of ever had so many players over such a long timespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Also I remember this one, added on youtube a month before I quit, doesnt seem that irrelevant today either:
    That video just made my fucking day.