Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I'm no pvp expert but I don't feel like I die very fast. But maybe that's because my opponents are just noobs :P. I was actually surprised that I didn't die faster.
    in what context though? lol

2v2 at 1300 rating? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like some people are probably taking spectral guise above Angelic Bulwark against sh*t you shouldn't be and it's causing a skew in results. Bulwark is actually the best choice against most things.

glyphing inner sanct and fade will also help if you aren't doing so now.

anyways, that said.. i think shadow needs a decent short cd defensive and they're good.

something like dropping Angelic Bulwark to a 60 sec cd on use ability or something.

otherwise the class is pretty fine imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    Except for spriest aren't really tanks, not compared to locks.
    I agree with your other points, especially how spriests are going to struggle with the DR nerf, but I really hate this misconception.

Behind mages (who have stupid mobility), locks are the least tankiest caster, they just have a few good cds. They have no armor increase so their armor is the absolute lowest in game and just a 10% dr where spriests have 15%. Locks who get melee trained die incredibly fast outside of their cds, faster than anyone else pretty much unless a mage sucks at kiting.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I agree with your other points, especially how spriests are going to struggle with the DR nerf, but I really hate this misconception.

Behind mages (who have stupid mobility), locks are the least tankiest caster, they just have a few good cds. They have no armor increase so their armor is the absolute lowest in game and just a 10% dr where spriests have 15%. Locks who get melee trained die incredibly fast outside of their cds, faster than anyone else pretty much unless a mage sucks at kiting.
    I should have been more specific. A certain spec allows the lock to be much more tanky then a spriest. Not saying locks in general don´t get trained.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2013-07-26 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    i feel like some people are probably taking spectral guise above Angelic Bulwark against sh*t you shouldn't be and it's causing a skew in results. Bulwark is actually the best choice against most things.

otherwise the class is pretty fine imo.

so shadow needs a 15% dmg reduction nerf with next to no compensation?

some comps you have to drop bulwark as you need guise to get fears off.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post

Those cds make EVERY lock spec capable of being tankier than ACTUAL tanks. Passive damage reduction is one thing but lock defensives are ridiculously over the top and class as a whole is absurdly and undeniably the tankiest CLASS in the game.

And then we have demo that had to get hit with tank level rbg nerfs to ensure it wasn't solo-carrying teams in cft maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    so shadow needs a 15% dmg reduction nerf with next to no compensation?

some comps you have to drop bulwark as you need guise to get fears off.
    I might be wrong but I heard you're getting increase armor or something along those lines right? If that's the case it ain't too bad becusase wizard cleaves last ages anyway.

Deleted
    I might be wrong but I heard you're getting increase armor or something along those lines right? If that's the case it ain't too bad becusase wizard cleaves last ages anyway.
    They get a 60% armor bonus, a buff against melee and nerf against casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    That's great tbh, except for when they face ele shamans ofc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Wrong.

A smaller nerf to some speccs, such as warriors, and bigger nerf against casters but overall = Baseline nerf against everything in a real scenario!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Wrong.

A smaller nerf to some speccs, such as warriors, and bigger nerf against casters but overall = Baseline nerf against everything in a real scenario!
    In pvp melee hits thru armors anyway.. so it's a huge nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Wrong.

Yea, I seriously don't get the whole armor increase as a way to offset the nerfs for pvp. Especially priests who already run inner fire this will put spriests at plate level, which is stupid since they are cloth. Is it that difficult for shadowform to increase pvp resilience by enough to create a 15% reduction in damage, therefore having no effect on pve which is why its being nerfed in the first place? That or give it to their pvp set bonus, same for locks/booms who lost their passive DR. Especially locks, who will now be squishier than mages since they get no compensation at all.