Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Oh god, Northem disease spreads. Soon you will start to spit nonsense about High Elves.
    Here you go:

The arakkoa continued a nomadic existence on Draenor for thousands of years, though they suffered terribly during the Horde's first wars across Draenor. The resulting grudge against the orc race encouraged an arakkoa, Grizzik, to serve as a tracker and guide for Danath Trollbane's forces during the Alliance's expedition to Draenor. This arakkoa, seemingly alone, led Trollbane's soldiers to Auchindoun, and aided in the battle.

Recently, however, some have broken away from Skettis - some to free themselves from Terokk's evil, and others deluded by power. The Skettis Exiles, taken in by the naaru A'dal, reside in the Lower City of Shattrath, where they battle against Terokk's forces.
    Source: http://www.wowpedia.org/Arakkoa

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Here you go:

Source: http://www.wowpedia.org/Arakkoa
    Individual helped alliance, nothing more.

Half-Orc would be pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    High Elves are the only real choice I can see happening.

Best part is, they would beable to update the Blood Elf models at the same time as the High Elf models.

WTB more of this

And less of this
    That's the idea: to differentiate as much as possible the Blood Elves from the High Elves, so that both races can have separate models.

In fact, now that Blizzard is remaking the models, is the right time to give to the Blood Elves and High Elves models distinguishing characteristics, for example enhancing the demonic traits of the Blood Elves (reddish skin color, fel tattoos, body building, etc). After all, Blizzard always wanted to differentiate the Sin'dorei from the Quel'dorei, being two races distinct in several aspects.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been making a collection of the most frequently suggested races to become playable races for the Alliance. If I have not missed a few, these are:

• High Elves (popular race)
    • Ethereal (popular race)
    • Arakkoa (popular race)
    • Naga (popular race)
    • Furbolg (popular race)
    • Vrykul
    • Jinyu (aquatic/amphibious race)
    • Drakonid / Asaathi / Saurok (reptilian races)
    • Tuskarr
    • Mantid / Nerubian / Qiraji (bug races)
    • Harpies
    • Satyr
    • Tigons (feline race)
    • Wolvar / Gorlocs / Murloc / Kobolds / Gnoll / Sporeling / Quilboar (trash mobs races)
    • Dryad / Children of Cenarius / Dragonspawn / Centaur / Tol 'vir (quadruped races)

If a moderator or the creator of the thread could add a poll to this thread with these 15 options would be fantastic.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-07-27 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    If a moderator or the creator of the thread could add a poll to this thread with these 15 options would be fantastic.
    I didnt know this was your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    I didnt know this was your thread.
    For the love of god! It's just a suggestion to improve this thread.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    High Elves (popular race)

Viable. Popular request. Unlikely due to the BElf issues.
    They would be a great *bonus* race for the Alliance as part of the 10/20 year anniversary and complete the Alliance roster.
    But if they aren't added next year, I'd say they never will be. And if they are, the Horde would need an Alliance race.

Furbolg (popular race)

I don't think Furbolg quite fit with the theme, and the Pandaren kinda rules them out. W eshoudl see more of the with the NElfs and Draenei though.

Drakonid / Saurok (reptilian races)

Saurok strike me as being more Horde orientated.

Tuskarr

Too neutral

Mantid / Nerubian / Qiraji (bug races)
    Harpies

None strike me as Allaince material. Horde? Perhaps.

Tigons (feline race)

Not even sure if there is a Tigon race.

Wolvar / Gorlocs / Murloc / Kobolds / Gnoll / Sporeling / Quilboar (trash mobs races)

Not suitable for a player race.

Dryad / Children of Cenarius / Dragonspawn / Centaur / Tol 'vir (quadruped races)

The Children and Tol'vir would work with the Alliance. If you want Dragons, Drakonid are better. Centaur would fit far better into the horde except for the Tauren.

EJL

I have to expect either High Elves or Furbolg -- if only because Blizzard simply has to have realized by now that their experimentation with both untraditional (i.e. Cataclysm) and "non-Western" (i.e. Mists of Pandaria) settings hasn't really done anything but bore their audience.

We fair-folk of the West want little more than to carve our way through a world rife with traditional fantasy, namely that which is derived from Germanic / Celtic / Slavic / Hellenic / Romantic cultures. If Cataclysm had been more grounded in "Western Fantasy", rather than aiming for multicultural appeasement, more players might have overlooked the other pointed flaws with the game, mechanically.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    when they started worshiping the light and became allies with the naaru. also when arrakoa fought alongside alleria and turalyon.

the arrakoa had genocide commited upon them by the orcs so they would also never join the horde
    just like the humans hunting Worgen for sport would lead to the Worgen never join the alli- oh. . . . wait. . . .

While I doubt Mantid or Nerubian would happen, I would be overjoyed. Mantid could be Neutral/Horde, and Nerubians could be Neutral/Alliance. I think that WoW's bug races are very interesting and have a lot of potential.

Plus, a Mantid racial flying ability would be pretty sweet.

Deleted
    For the love of god! It's just a suggestion to improve this thread.
    I dont see any options to add a poll when I edit the OP...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    While I doubt Mantid or Nerubian would happen, I would be overjoyed. Mantid could be Neutral/Horde, and Nerubians could be Neutral/Alliance. I think that WoW's bug races are very interesting and have a lot of potential.

Plus, a Mantid racial flying ability would be pretty sweet.
    Weren't there some nerubians that could stand up, like on two (or four) legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Viable. Popular request. Unlikely due to the BElf issues.
    They would be a great *bonus* race for the Alliance as part of the 10/20 year anniversary and complete the Alliance roster.
    But if they aren't added next year, I'd say they never will be. And if they are, the Horde would need an Alliance race.

I don't think Furbolg quite fit with the theme, and the Pandaren kinda rules them out. W eshoudl see more of the with the NElfs and Draenei though.

Saurok strike me as being more Horde orientated.

Too neutral

None strike me as Allaince material. Horde? Perhaps.

Not even sure if there is a Tigon race.

Not suitable for a player race.

The Children and Tol'vir would work with the Alliance. If you want Dragons, Drakonid are better. Centaur would fit far better into the horde except for the Tauren.

EJL
    We do have Trolls and Belves in the same horde. (yes I know technically the dark spear were not fighting the "high elves" before. but hear me out) We could have some sort of distant centaur clan who due to the cataclysm have had some sort of hardship and decided to try and join the horde. The next expansion could expand upon it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinions are these:

Personally this would be my choice obviously. It is a historical debt that Blizzard has with the Alliance.
      Only one problem: the Blood Elves, and there is only two solutions: differentiate the two races as much as possible to make them two "completely" different races or adding to the Horde a "recycled" Alliance race (preferably Dark Iron dwarves, Highborne night elves or, centering in balancing the population statistics, Alterac humans).

• Ethereal (popular race)

Despite how cool may seem this race visually, I personally dismiss it.
      Why? Because is a neutral race that would not be involved with the Alliance, antagonizing with the Horde as a result. Besides, the prototype of a magical race of the space with advanced super-technology that needs help to deal with the Burning Legion is already in the Alliance: the Draenei.

• Arakkoa (popular race)

Despite being a race that has already collaborated with the Alliance in the past, is a race that is linked exclusively with Outland and Outland issues, so their involvement in global affairs would be more limited.
      Personally I would not dismiss it, nevertheless in my opinion there are races with more possibilities to become playable races of the Alliance than this.

• Naga (popular race)

Inevitably sooner or later this race will become playable, however I personally identify this race with the Horde more than with the Alliance.
      Moreover ideally this race should became a neutral race available to both factions in the future expansion in which we will face the Queen Azshara.

• Furbolg (popular race)

This shamanistic and druidic race in theory is already part of the Alliance. In addition the furbolgs would fit perfectly in an expansion focused on the druids and the Emerald Dream and their territories are still missing ingame (the huge underground Barrow Deeps), however we already have a race of bear-men: the Pandaren.
      In addition there is a race with more priority to become playable in the Alliance...

• Vrykul

I honestly do not understand what attraction may have these giant humans.

• Jinyu (aquatic/amphibious race)

If there is any aquatic race with priority to be playable of course they are the Naga, not this new race invented fairly recently and whose presence is limited to Pandaria. Also, this is obviously a thematic race created specifically for an expansion and exclusively for being NPCs.

• Drakonid / Asaathi / Saurok (reptilian races)

It is not the first time that is suggested a reptilian/draconian race, however I think it would fit more into the Horde, not into the Alliance.

• Tuskarr

Sincerely, I do not think it worthwhile to make this race a playable race. In addition, this is also another thematic race created specifically for an expansion and I think that exclusively created for NPCs.

• Mantid / Nerubian / Qiraji (bug races)

I think a bug-race would not have much success, much less in the Alliance. However everything is doable.

• Satyr

It has a remote chance of becoming playable ... but not for the Alliance.

• Harpies

It has a very very remote chance of becoming playable ... but not for the Alliance.

• Tigons (feline race)

I do not know to what extent there is or could be a race like this in the Warcraft universe. Honestly, there are other races with more priority.

• Wolvar / Gorlocs / Murloc / Kobolds / Gnoll / Sporeling / Quilboar (trash mobs races)

All these races are the typical stupid suggestions that people say when we talk about new playable races. I hope they are joking.

• Dryad / Children of Cenarius / Dragonspawn / Centaur / Tol 'vir (quadruped races)

I can not imagine the amount of work that would entail accommodate the whole game to quadruped races. I see it impossible.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-07-27 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    You High Elf fans are insane! I can't believe you actually think that it's not only possible, but probable HE's will be the next Alliance race. There is a very small amount of people who want HE's. There would be an outrage if High Elves were the next new race. Most people are perfectly happy with each side having one elf race. NO MORE ELVES!
    Let's not pretend that we can make any sort of claims to having accurate statistics here. You have an opinion, that's cool.

- - - Updated - - -

My opinions are these:

-snip- Because bloody hell wall of text.

Same goes. Your idea of what's supposedly ''popular'' seems to correlate very strongly with what you personally would like to see. Let's try and avoid implying that we all know what the majority of the playerbase wants shall we?

For example, Furbolgs are popular, and you would approve. Wolvar are stupid and you hope people are joking when they suggest them. Really now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I dont see any options to add a poll when I edit the OP...

- - - Updated - - -

Weren't there some nerubians that could stand up, like on two (or four) legs?

I have no clue. Though, there are the priest-like nerubians with four legs. I'd say making the player-race more like those would fit best. Otherwise, there is this very abstract but somehow identifiable art where it seems like a nerubian creature has two legs:

I think we need a bug race, and Mantid and Nerubians are both pretty cool, and they look like -- if necessary -- they could join a faction. They could make them both neutral (aka choose faction) or make the Mantid horde and the Nerubians alliance. The Mantid and their mentality fit the horde pretty well, actually. Whereas Nerubians are very calm and collected and in a way, more sophisticated and refined and less primal and untamed, seemingly, thus being a good race for the alliance if given some work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Same goes. Your idea of what's supposedly ''popular'' seems to correlate very strongly with what you personally would like to see. Let's try and avoid implying that we all know what the majority of the playerbase wants shall we?

For example, Furbolgs are popular, and you would approve. Wolvar are stupid and you hope people are joking when they suggest them. Really now.
    I do not believe at all that I have been biased in my post, just the opposite: I tried to be the most impartial as possible.

The races that I have considered as "popular" are by far less my favorites, but rather are the races that are more often suggested in the countless threads of new playable races.
    In fact the ethereal and arakkoa are two races very "popular" because lots of people want them but I personally hate both.

Moreover, do you really think that having as new playable race a Gnoll or a Wolvar is not stupid?
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-07-27 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted
    High Elves,sure they lost they're capital,Gnomes did aswell but that did not stop them from being included as a playable race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HermitBear View Post
    High Elves,sure they lost they're capital,Gnomes did aswell but that did not stop them from being included as a playable race.
    You dont need to have a capital to be a playable race. The Worgen's capital is a Tree in the middle of Darnassus, whaddup.

except for the high elves, all the presented choices are much more inappropriate than the naga.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    So, WHat about stone troggs? Probably not the best of ideas.
    Last edited by mmocd3750dc86d; 2013-07-27 at 09:44 PM.