Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Friends are the reason for cash shop...

The devs want people to be able to catch up faster so that they can play with friends, which is why they are testing the experience buff and other convenience items in the Blizzard store. There is no desire to move towards a pay to win style game.
    Taken from the front page

Yeah right sure, because putting the item in game to be bought with Justice or even Valor points and not bind on pickup was way too hard to do, right? I mean surely nobody would buy the item to pass to their friend if they wanted to play with them.

That's fine, whatever, put it up for cash. Sleazy move but the least you could do is also make it available for JP or even VP in game. Not gonna happen though.

Anybody else tired of Blizzard trying to sell us every crumb they can scrape up while pretending they're doing us favors by doing it? Gets pretty old after a while, and I'm almost 100 percent sure the new Stormcrow mount will be a store mount as well.

EDIT:
    If you believe selling mounts, pets and in game experience boosts for cash does not affect gameplay, please link your armory that only contains your basic racial ground mount and a level 60 gryphon/wyvern. This armory should also have no or only the pets that you received from questing. Also please truthfully say that you have never leveled a character with heirlooms. You can lay about that if you wish but while you do so, reflect upon your hypocrisy for a minute or two and see if you can come to a breakthrough. If you have obtained more than your two basic necessary mounts, the pets you had no chance to avoid or leveled with heirlooms, then clearly these things have affected your enjoyment of the game. Hmm...
    Last edited by Hurwyn; 2013-07-29 at 05:07 PM.

I have absolutely no problems with it at all, actually. Why do you care, out of curiosity? I mean, leveling faster is good if you have friends you want to play with, but you don't have to buy it for anything... I fail to see the problem. Given the insanely limited amount of things to spend JP/VP on (heirlooms for JP and upgrades for VP) it would be stupid to sell items for those, nobody would ever buy them from the shop, wouldn't make sense.

Don't care if the stormcrow mount is in the cash shop, it's ugly, besides it's just a mount, I have 100 others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post

Yeah right sure, because putting the item in game to be bought with Justice or even Valor points and not bind on pickup was way too hard to do, right? I mean surely nobody would buy the item to pass to their friend if they wanted to play with them.

That's fine, whatever, put it up for cash. Sleazy move but the least you could do is also make it available for JP or even VP in game. Not gonna happen though.

Anybody else tired of Blizzard trying to sell us every crumb they can scrape up while pretending they're doing us favors by doing it? Gets pretty old after a while, and I'm almost 100 percent sure the new Stormcrow mount will be a store mount as well.
    Storecrow No. 1 at that!

So if I just invited some friends to play, who have never played the game, how do you suggest they earn justice or valor points in order to get the xp buff to level more quickly?

Furthermore, they said the reason they were testing the xp buff was so people could play with friends, not the reason for the cash shop as your title misleadingly states.

But at the end of the day, the xp buff has little impact on you, so I don't see why you have a problem with it.

People have been RAF'ing forever, and the game hasn't come to a screeching halt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I have absolutely no problems with it at all, actually. Why do you care, out of curiosity? I mean, leveling faster is good if you have friends you want to play with, but you don't have to buy it for anything... I fail to see the problem. Given the insanely limited amount of things to spend JP/VP on (heirlooms for JP and upgrades for VP) it would be stupid to sell items for those, nobody would ever buy them from the shop, wouldn't make sense.

Don't care if the stormcrow mount is in the cash shop, it's ugly, besides it's just a mount, I have 100 others.
    Because when I buy a game and all of its expansions and pay a monthly fee I get sick to death of seeing cool items go up for more cash. If idiots would stop falling all over themselves to support the shitty business practice, it wouldn't be a problem.

As someone who levels alts at a decently frequent level I'm just going to feel contempt every time I level one and know if I decide to throw more cash at the pig I could level ten times faster. And as you yourself said, there is nothing to spend JP on, which is why this would work out even better.

Levelings going to be a ridiculous grind soon enough, and I guess that's the plan because now they can just sell us things to make the game fun instead of a chore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    So if I just invited some friends to play, who have never played the game, how do you suggest they earn justice or valor points in order to get the xp buff to level more quickly?
    Re-read it. Go ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post

But at the end of the day, the xp buff has little impact on you, so I don't see why you have a problem with it.
    Sure it doesn't. Maybe not on you, but I know it will have an impact on me. I'm not throwing out cash at a pay to play game, I'm completely against the ethics of it and I don't give a shit if I win the lotto tomorrow, still not going to do it.

Once it launches, like I said I will feel contempt with every alt I level. Every time I run a dungeon and gain half a level while the next guy in my group is gaining 5, I will feel contempt. A playerbase with contempt is not one that you want to foster, of course in the desperate cash grab that this game has become, nobody stops to think of that. Just more more more for the me me me crowd.

Really does astound me (although it shouldn't) how so many of the playerbase think "Oh I don't care therefore nobody should because my opinion is obviously fact."

You don't care about exp buffs so no big deal, guy above me doesn't care about mounts so no big deal, nobody should care about mounts. Next it will be somebody saying "Who gives a shit if Lil Ragnaros is a pay to win Blizz store pet that two shots close to anything in its path? Nobody pet battles anyway."
    Last edited by Hurwyn; 2013-07-28 at 11:12 PM.

Because when I buy a game and all of its expansions and pay a monthly fee I get sick to death of seeing cool items go up for more cash. If idiots would stop falling all over themselves to support the shitty business practice, it wouldn't be a problem.

As someone who levels alts at a decently frequent level I'm just going to feel contempt every time I level one and know if I decide to throw more cash at the pig I could level ten times faster. And as you yourself said, there is nothing to spend JP on, which is why this would work out even better.

Levelings going to be a ridiculous grind soon enough, and I guess that's the plan because now they can just sell us things to make the game fun instead of a chore.

- - - Updated - - -

Re-read it. Go ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure it doesn't. Maybe not on you, but I know it will have an impact on me. I'm not throwing out cash at a pay to play game, I'm completely against the ethics of it and I don't give a shit if I win the lotto tomorrow, still not going to do it.

Once it launches, like I said I will feel contempt with every alt I level. Every time I run a dungeon and gain half a level while the next guy in my group is gaining 5, I will feel contempt. A playerbase with contempt is not one that you want to foster, of course in the desperate cash grab that this game has become, nobody stops to think of that. Just more more more for the me me me crowd.

Really does astound me (although it shouldn't) how so many of the playerbase think "Oh I don't care therefore nobody should because my opinion is obviously fact."

You don't care about exp buffs so no big deal, guy above me doesn't care about mounts so no big deal, nobody should care about mounts. Next it will be somebody saying "Who gives a shit if Lil Ragnaros is a pay to win Blizz store pet that two shots close to anything in its path? Nobody pet battles anyway."
    If you level alts at a decent frequency you probably have no need to use an exp boosting potion.
    Making it bind on use would just make it flood the AH as a way to easily buy gold in large amounts, because it will sell more reliably than a pet or mount.

Once it launches, like I said I will feel contempt with every alt I level. Every time I run a dungeon and gain half a level while the next guy in my group is gaining 5, I will feel contempt. A playerbase with contempt is not one that you want to foster, of course in the desperate cash grab that this game has become, nobody stops to think of that. Just more more more for the me me me crowd."
    Generally, I can see and understand the arguments on both sides of most issues: abortion, gun control, social welfare, same sex marriage, immigration, the death penalty.

However, on an issue as benign as this, I just can't understand it the opposition. It doesn't effect you. You will level no more slowly or quickly than you do right now. Your game experience is unchanged, and yet, for some reason, you want to take something away from people who feel it will enhance their experience without increasing the relative power of their character.

Many MMO's are offering the same types of services, as do thousands of entertainment apps and other games do to.

Honestly, it's like saying that same sex marriage somehow diminishes traditional marriage.

Damn, just let people be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't see a problem with Blizzard Store since I don't give a flying ass about what they sell in it. I'm taking Guild Wars 2 as an example. I've played it few tens of hours and I've used one of those boost-items I've gotten from random places. Can't see why I would want to buy those. Every time I get a boost item I'm like "meh, gold would've been better" and just put it in the bank. So the Blizzard Store for me is pointless. Don't care, don't whine.

ITT someone who cares far too much about what other people do that bears no effect on their gaming experience. lighten up, francis.

It's easier (and more profitable) to charge for a buff than design decent catch up mechanics. For the friends!
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Who cares about the store when it has no stuff that objectively impacts your game enjoyment.
    The QQ about this is starting to get stale...

It comes down to using "pay-to-win" term. Tell me, full 510 ilvl set would be considered "pay-to-win" during t16? According to most people - no. Instant lv90 would be considered "pay-to-win"? According to some people - no. Would making flasks's materials immensely rare and introducing flasks to cash-shop be considered as "pay-to-win"? Probably not.

"Not pay-to-win" shouldn't be used as reasoning or explanation behind cash-shop. In p2p game. The whole "pay-to-win" is an obscurely defined slang term, and can't be accepted as explanation of cash-shop's future.

Now, as it was confirmed that WoW won't become f2p any time soon, we need more elaborated explanation on wtf cash-shop is doing in the p2p game.

Friends aren't the reason for introducing more cash-shop items. If they were primary reason for introduction of those exp-flasks, such exp-flask would be acquirable exclusively in game, and not in game shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    It comes down to using "pay-to-win" term. Tell me, full 510 ilvl set would be considered "pay-to-win" during t16? According to most people - no. Instant lv90 would be considered "pay-to-win"? According to some people - no. Would making flasks's materials immensely rare and introducing flasks to cash-shop be considered as "pay-to-win"? Probably not.

"Not pay-to-win" shouldn't be used as reasoning or explanation behind cash-shop. In p2p game. The whole "pay-to-win" is an obscurely defined slang term, and can't be accepted as explanation of cash-shop's future.

Now, as it was confirmed that WoW won't become f2p any time soon, we need more elaborated explanation on wtf cash-shop is doing in the p2p game.

Friends aren't the reason for introducing more cash-shop items. If they were primary reason for introduction of those exp-flasks, such exp-flask would be acquirable exclusively in game, and not in game shop.

They could give a fuck less about you playing with friends. This is just a way to make more money

It isn't a shitty business practice to sell things that have no impact on the game. Who cares? It has *LITERALLY ZERO* impact on the game.

I level fairly often too, it's absurdly easy, 1-90 takes maybe 2 days played at most. It doesn't really matter if it goes faster. If you're lazy and don't like leveling then just buy the xp buff, if you don't mind leveling then don't. It doesn't really matter, it's easy either way. So again, what exactly are you complaining about? You can buy something to make it faster if you like, or you can just not bother and level at the normal rate. I guess I'll never understand why people get mad about things that don't effect them.

Deleted
    what we need is more people who get to 90 in 20 hours and then have no fucking idea how to play the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It isn't a shitty business practice to sell things that have no impact on the game. Who cares? It has *LITERALLY ZERO* impact on the game.

I level fairly often too, it's absurdly easy, 1-90 takes maybe 2 days played at most. It doesn't really matter if it goes faster. If you're lazy and don't like leveling then just buy the xp buff, if you don't mind leveling then don't. It doesn't really matter, it's easy either way. So again, what exactly are you complaining about? You can buy something to make it faster if you like, or you can just not bother and level at the normal rate. I guess I'll never understand why people get mad about things that don't effect them.
    LITERALLY ZERO impact on the game?

Best looking mounts to the cash shop
    Some of the best looking helms to the cash shop
    Amazing looking pets the cash shop
    Why fix the 85-90 leveling when we can add a xp buff to the cash shop.

None of these things really need to be in the cash shop and could all have been obtained in game.

They always say limited resources and all content comes with the sacrifice of content. So what content was sacrificed for the cash shop

An experience buff isn't even a big deal to begin with. Oh noes, other people can level faster than you when everything below max level doesn't mean shit. Uhhh...k. Though you're right that it's a pretty obvious BS reason but they're a business. They'll throw as many buzz words as they possibly can and watch the whiners slowly die off. Either way, it doesn't matter. Not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Asag View Post
    They could give a fuck less about you playing with friends. This is just a way to make more money
    Gasp! How dare a company try to make money.

These guys explain it very well
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gameon.cfm/cast/50
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Asag View Post
    LITERALLY ZERO impact on the game?

Best looking mounts to the cash shop
    Some of the best looking helms to the cash shop
    Amazing looking pets the cash shop
    Why fix the 85-90 leveling when we can add a xp buff to the cash shop.

None of these things really need to be in the cash shop and could all have been obtained in game.

They always say limited resources and all content comes with the sacrifice of content. So what content was sacrificed for the cash shop
    "Best looking" is very subjective.

I have the means to buy them, and no ethical qualms about doing so, but I won't because I think they all look terrible.