Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've played WoW on a laptop for 7 years; using only a touchpad, and a combination of clicking/keybinding. Hexos is the first challenge/fight i've encountered that is actually impossible for me to do whilst playing WoW how I always have. I'll get around to buying a small mouse for it when possible.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2013-07-27 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarflair View Post
    Brawler's Guild is awesome - if anyone doesn't have an invite yet, go get one and have a bucket of fun.
    kinda hard as a disc priest.

I am stuck on Anthracite, 517 ilvl. Any tips? I have had a nearly full buff group, which is very rare on my realm. I might try again with Core hound at start given I have like ~15 seconds to do stuff before game starts.

Do people freeze him and instantly go for adds or what? It seems I don't have enough sustained DPS to kill the adds, as I try to save CDs for the few seconds I have while the boss is cooled down...

Does the water splasher thing also have a limited range? It seemed to miss Anthracite when I didn't move at start and just used it on him...hnngh.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice work, gratz

Deleted
    still on hexos, im just too lazy too get started with him.
    also dnt have 3 lvl 25 pets to do the penguin, and mingus dingus so far kicked my butt.

though i havent tried any fight since i was around ilvl516-520 when im now around 544, which should make stuff quite a lot easier.

Still can't beat Ahoo'ru as 518 hunter. My server is pretty dead and crz doesn't add that many players, so i had a good amount of tries on him. Still no success though. Many times i die on the 1st phase due to rng with sparks; when i manage to reach phase 2, i can't beat the enrage.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2013-07-27 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Still can't beat Ahoo'ru as 518 hunter. My server is pretty dead and crz doesn't add that many players, so i had a good amount of tries on him. Still no success though. Many times i die on the 1st phase due to rng with sparks; when ireach phase 2, i can't beat the enrage.
    Just gotta keep on trying. I managed it at 518ish, got my ilvl600 cloak after I did it. I had to get some outside buffs though. I had crit/stats/attack speed.

Most of the trouble was phase 1 randomness, got it in 4 clean 2nd phases. Just keep trying, but don't let yourself get frustrated with it.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could be done with the Brawler's Guild... actually I could've been done a month ago or more if I could get this friggen Dusty Old Robot to drop! Been doing the Blingtron 4000 daily every day since 5.3 hit (literally every single day) and I have yet to see that thing. Every one of my guildies have gotten it and don't nearly do the daily every day, in fact I have a friend that hardly plays and has the robot on 3 different toons and on one toon twice.

I don't know what the drop rate is, if it's bugged, or whatever, but its ridiculous, downright retarded, that I have to wait as a rank 10 brawler at 11/12 challenge cards defeated simply because one of the cards was made 1000000% more rare and time consuming to get than the others...

Sure would be nice to get before 5.4.... I can't imagine Blizzard wanted it to take an entire patch to get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I am stuck on Anthracite, 517 ilvl. Any tips? I have had a nearly full buff group, which is very rare on my realm. I might try again with Core hound at start given I have like ~15 seconds to do stuff before game starts.

Do people freeze him and instantly go for adds or what? It seems I don't have enough sustained DPS to kill the adds, as I try to save CDs for the few seconds I have while the boss is cooled down...

Does the water splasher thing also have a limited range? It seemed to miss Anthracite when I didn't move at start and just used it on him...hnngh.
    The adds only need to die to recharge your water spray and also should only be attacked when anthracite is on fire again, don't waste dps! Also, if you haven't noticed, the sprayer shoots BEHIND you (hence the robot contraption on your back during that fight.) so you need to turn around when spraying. As a 517 iLvl hunter with all the CDs hunters have, you should have no problems with dps if you do it right :>

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    still on hexos, im just too lazy too get started with him.
    also dnt have 3 lvl 25 pets to do the penguin, and mingus dingus so far kicked my butt.

though i havent tried any fight since i was around ilvl516-520 when im now around 544, which should make stuff quite a lot easier.
    I captured 3 uncommon birds from dragonblight ( 2 level 21 and 1 level 20) and did it in few tries with them , since i also didnt have any 25 pets

Welcome to 2 months ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
    Welcome to 2 months ago.
    4*

But yeah, gz.
    Wondering if there'll be ppl with ilvl 600, being proud of doing it
    Last edited by mmocc1178edeb9; 2013-07-28 at 05:02 AM.

I have wiped to Ahoo'ru at 23k and 58k. FML.

I can't get passed Anthracite, I've seen videos of hunters doing it and they can just nuke him down within the 20 secs but I still have around 3-4 mil hp left. My ilvl is 515 maybe I should play it safe and switch to a water elemental at like 8 secs left? I hate it when they run into a fire spot when they're almost dead though lol.

Grats! I'm stuck like fuck on Big Badda Boom myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

A bucket of fun? Hahahaha man I wish I could say the same thing
    I've cleared all the bosses (all rank 10, original 4 rank 8 bosses and the challenge card bosses) and good god, I think I was close to suicide multiple times, especially on Disruptron

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    I can't get passed Anthracite, I've seen videos of hunters doing it and they can just nuke him down within the 20 secs but I still have around 3-4 mil hp left. My ilvl is 515 maybe I should play it safe and switch to a water elemental at like 8 secs left? I hate it when they run into a fire spot when they're almost dead though lol.
    That drove me insane, in the end I would start DPS on the adds and then spray the boss if it looked like they'd hit. But then you lose a few seconds of DPS time. So I ended up just hoping to get lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    A bucket of fun? Hahahaha man I wish I could say the same thing
    I've cleared all the bosses (all rank 10, original 4 rank 8 bosses and the challenge card bosses) and good god, I think I was close to suicide multiple times, especially on Disruptron
    I know what you felt. Most of the bosses are pretty easy. The better gear you have the easier they get except Disruptron. He took me 2 days before I was able to kill him. Definitely hardest fight in Brawlers. Rest like Hexos, Ahoru and Mingus Diggs are easy compared to him.

Okay, I beat Anthracite. Got fed up with the bugs, so I used the Feign Death bug to get it. :F 3 stacks ftw.

Does anyone know if the blast of the bombs in Big Badda Boom are only near them, or can you avoid it by staying far away?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Okay, I beat Anthracite. Got fed up with the bugs, so I used the Feign Death bug to get it. :F 3 stacks ftw.

Does anyone know if the blast of the bombs in Big Badda Boom are only near them, or can you avoid it by staying far away?
    Not 100% on this, but I remember trying (and failing) to outrange them, so ended up doing it as Survival and just timing a Deterrence for when they all blow up. So you want to get them really low and then let the Serpent Sting blow them up while your Deterrence is up.