Thread: Ra Den

Ra Den

Just wondering the best spec for this. Early videos always went with survival but with blink strikes is survival still better than BM for this encounter inparticular for the adds. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Just wondering the best spec for this. Early videos always went with survival but with blink strikes is survival still better than BM for this encounter inparticular for the adds. Thanks in advance.
    BM, BM all the way

I've been survival with blink strikes for all our kills, mainly due to orb damage.

right now with my group, the orb dies stupid fast so I just go bm and keep my pet on the boss, and arcane shot spam the orb since it dies in like 3 seconds.

Deleted
    Beast Mastery with a proper macro works wonders. I made a macro that I start spamming when Materials of Creation is being cast that makes me auto-target the Anima orb, send my pet after it (and causes it to apply the 5% magic damage taken debuff), and use Arcane Shot. The moment my first Arcane Shot goes off I Glaive Toss, Kill Command and use some more Arcane Shots. If your properly save your focus, Bestial Wrath, Glaive Toss and level 60 talent abilities you will be invaluable to your team.

Quote Originally Posted by CrippleshoT View Post
    I've been survival with blink strikes for all our kills, mainly due to orb damage.
    We've experimented with Survival in our first few attempts/kills and couldn't quite match Beast Mastery's damage. This is also purely orb damage, which is the only thing we can potentially wipe on.

BM is obvious choice

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Beast Mastery with a proper macro works wonders. I made a macro that I start spamming when Materials of Creation is being cast that makes me auto-target the Anima orb, send my pet after it (and causes it to apply the 5% magic damage taken debuff), and use Arcane Shot. The moment my first Arcane Shot goes off I Glaive Toss, Kill Command and use some more Arcane Shots. If your properly save your focus, Bestial Wrath, Glaive Toss and level 60 talent abilities you will be invaluable to your team.
    Sounds like a sweet macro, can you link it here?
    Defo trying out BM this week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrippleshoT View Post
    Sounds like a sweet macro, can you link it here?
    Defo trying out BM this week
    Of course, but the macro isn't as high tech or complicated as you might be expecting. It's actually pretty basic.

/target Essence of Anima
    /target Corrupted Anima
    /use Arcane Shot
    /petattack
    /use Fire Breath
    /use Rabid
    That's all it is. I manage Rabid manually on this fight and if it comes off-cooldown a few seconds before the orbs spawn, this macro will make my pet Rabid as well. But to be fair I don't think that really makes a big difference. You can take that out along with the Corrupted Anima if you guys don't kill those. We used to in our first few kills, but we completely ignore them now.

Fire Breath is the Dragon Hawk ability. If you use a different pet to debuff the orb, you should swap that ability with the Fire Breath as well.

Does Blinkstrikes compensate enough for the pet to travel instantly to the add and is the new cd to it enough for each orb, we're going with 3 red orb, soak, 2 red orb strat etc.....
    Thanks for the macro Bovan.

Might be a little off topic, but my guild is trying for Ra-den as well and I want to limit the potential wipes.

Is Deterrence a reliable way of soaking an orb in phase 2? (25m)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Does Blinkstrikes compensate enough for the pet to travel instantly to the add and is the new cd to it enough for each orb, we're going with 3 red orb, soak, 2 red orb strat etc.....
    Thanks for the macro Bovan.
    Short answer, yes it works.

Longer answer, the orbs spawn every 32-ish seconds. The cooldown on Blink Strike's blink is 20 seconds. Because the orbs sometimes spawn quite far away you might not be able to Kill Command right off the bat as your pet still needs to move a tiny bit before blinking, but it's not really an issue to delay that Kill Command just a tiny bit anyway. You are only going to get 1 Kill Command per orb off anyway. Usually the orbs die quite close to Ra-Den himself so your pet having to walk back to him isn't that big of a deal either. Everything lines up perfectly.

If you really have issues with your pet's travel time, you could always run with Fervor and add Dash to that macro I posted earlier. Dash has a 32 second cooldown which is perfect to get your pet on the orb quickly. But with Blink Strikes, I find it unnecessary and a waste of your pet's focus.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallu View Post
    Might be a little off topic, but my guild is trying for Ra-den as well and I want to limit the potential wipes.

Is Deterrence a reliable way of soaking an orb in phase 2? (25m)
    Yes and no. It will give you 50% reduction when glyphed(when u need to soak it by group of few), but you will never be a super ninja like a rogue with cloak of shadows or cheap death. Even lock with dark bargain followed by unending resolve will do better .

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Short answer, yes it works.

Longer answer, the orbs spawn every 32-ish seconds. The cooldown on Blink Strike's blink is 20 seconds. Because the orbs sometimes spawn quite far away you might not be able to Kill Command right off the bat as your pet still needs to move a tiny bit before blinking, but it's not really an issue to delay that Kill Command just a tiny bit anyway. You are only going to get 1 Kill Command per orb off anyway. Usually the orbs die quite close to Ra-Den himself so your pet having to walk back to him isn't that big of a deal either. Everything lines up perfectly.

If you really have issues with your pet's travel time, you could always run with Fervor and add Dash to that macro I posted earlier. Dash has a 32 second cooldown which is perfect to get your pet on the orb quickly. But with Blink Strikes, I find it unnecessary and a waste of your pet's focus.
    Many thanks Bovan

Quote Originally Posted by Hucio View Post
    Yes and no. It will give you 50% reduction when glyphed(when u need to soak it by group of few), but you will never be a super ninja like a rogue with cloak of shadows or cheap death. Even lock with dark bargain followed by unending resolve will do better .
    rogues soak with feint. well our rogues does that, prolly because is 10 man and is less damage.

Deleted
    Been BM on all our kills (10Man). And its been working out fine. Usually leave pet on boss unless the other casters ask for help. Phase 2 we just let all the orbs thou, and just burn boss. Pointless killing anything in 10man in the last phase.

This is 25 man I'm talking about.

Here's what I do to maximize add damage:
    -Pop fervor (so you're pet will have focus for dash) right before the orb spawns
    -Hit my target macro (similar to the other one posted, but I have dash in there as well)
    -GT (make sure you time it so you have it up)
    -AS/KC spam

You can also line-up BW for every other spawn.

Deleted
    BM Hands down. I use this macro to get my pet to attack the orb ASAP

/target essence of anima
    /petattack
    /cast Dash
    /cast Arcane shot
    Last edited by mmoc9d6830f9cf; 2013-07-31 at 11:37 PM.