Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

I broke the code for the next expansion, "When the sky was torn from the sea.."

The Stormcrow mount was the hint, it's so Blizzard to do this.
    And this is it:

"When the sky was torn from the sea, Storm Crow appeared from within the thundering clouds to grant mankind dominion over the living flame." —Legends of the Forgotten World

They are very clever, they used Diablo 3 to give us the clue.

So what does it mean that the "sky was torn from the sea"? in sense of Warcraft and the next expansion.
    And "grants mankind dominion over the living flame"?

And more importantly, what is the Forgotten World?

These quotes are all originally from Warcraft, not Diablo, but are used within Diablo 3 on that item, as you see.
    Last edited by Tyrael the Impatient; 2013-07-29 at 01:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing Emerald Dream. You have this whole separation of two separate things. Azeroth now and the Azeroth blue print. the "torn" part might refer to a crisis or danger that involves the Emerald Dream.

I like to hear more what you guys believe!
    Last edited by Tyrael the Impatient; 2013-07-29 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Fixed text, changed mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Think it's just a Diablo 3 reference. Someone could assume that legion invasion starts from the sky above maelstrom, but don't see how legion would be associated with "living flame", or how flame could be effective against them :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You hardly broke the code - you found an interesting clue most likely, but unless somone can connect the dots, it's all just pure guessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're speaking on Blizzards behalf, makes it seem as if you know everything that they're up to. "They're so clever", "it's so Blizzard to do this", and "They used D3 to give us the clue".

It's not the first time something from SC or Diablo has appeared in Warcraft or vice-verca. Probably just a reference, at most.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I'm guessing Emerald Dream. You have this whole separation of two separate things. Azeroth now and the Azeroth blue print. the "torn" part might refer to a crisis or danger that involves the Emerald Dream.
    there are so many threads about mop being our emerald dream and stuff like this. I wonder if you've read them I think the Emerald Dream exp will never happen . And the whole story with Wrathion leads lots of people to the theory of a burning legion themed exp.

Honestly I don't think Blizzard are planning it that much or thinking that much into it.

At most the next Diablo expansion might have aprt of the story discuss the storm crow and so it's the collector's edition mount off that

Next expansion is certainly diablo 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well seeing as its not going to be the emerald dream. Might be a new plot of the leigon...

Cant take our world by force?
    Try some sort of plain merging thing ala RATH from Magic

/puts on oracle robe and lights incense.

"AND LO THERE APPEARED IN THE SKY A PLANE, AS IF THE SKY ITSELF WAS A MIRROR OF THE LAND BELOW!"
    "BUT WHAT TWISTED VISAGE THIS? AS THERE WAS FIRE WHERE WATER SHOULD BE"
    "A DARK SHADOW OF OUR WORLD. AND ACROSS THIS SHIMMERING BARRIER, THEY CAME."
    "AND THEY AT THE HEAD OF THE HOST, THRICE DEFEATED. THE THREE KINGS OF DEMON KIND"
    "WEEP MORTALS! AND LOOK UPON YOUR DOOM, AND FELFIRE WAS THEIR HERALD, ON FIERY WINGS!"
    NO OGRES, NO MORE ELVES, NO FURBOLG, NO EMRALD DREAM, NO REHASHED OLD CONTENT, NO DEMON HUNTER!
    Get the point? Give us something NEW for Groms sake!

No, no, no.

Diablo 3 took forever to come out. Meaning this is a hint for Half-life 3.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-29 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly the next expansion will feature Diablo as the final boss as reality has been shattered by the power of the old gods and sargeras. The next expansion title is most certainly World of Warcraft: Ia Ia Cthulhu Fhtagn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrean View Post
    there are so many threads about mop being our emerald dream and stuff like this. I wonder if you've read them I think the Emerald Dream exp will never happen . And the whole story with Wrathion leads lots of people to the theory of a burning legion themed exp.
    And the devs have said the Horde will need to recuperate next expansion due to the events in SoO (I believe Dave Kosak said it on Twitter recently). And Wrathion says he'll continue to prepare for the Legion's assault the last time we see him, leading people to believe that we'll still be prepping next expansion. Couldn't exactly take on the Legion while the Horde is trying to pick themselves back up.

There is plenty that the Emerald Dream could offer, as well. There is still a threat there, the Nightmare. It was pushed back, but not destroyed. In the Dawn of the Aspects e-book series, a green dragon mentions to Ysera (in the present) that the Nightmare is acting up again, to which Ysera says that it's the Druids' responsibility now.

My point is, there are a lot of different ways the next expansion could go, and the Emerald Dream is a definite possibility. I just believe the expansion won't be entirely the Emerald Dream. I would imagine we'd go there for a raid, or a Molten Front-type hub.

OT: I think it's simply a coincidence, or a nod to WoW in some way. But I don't think it's some hint to the next expansion by any means.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

If its used in Diablo3 wouldnt this kinda hint at the D3 expansion more then the WoW expansion ?

I can see it now "subscribe for a year, get a bird mount and D3 expansion!"

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    No, no, no.

Diablo 3 took forever to come out. Meaning this is a hint for Half-life 3.
    Can people save the meme spamming for reddit and 4chan please... This shit is across 2 threads now

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave the pandas a shot, was probably a mistake in hindsight.

But the emerald dream? a entire expansion like moonglade?
    GTFO

Definitely skipping that one.
    NO OGRES, NO MORE ELVES, NO FURBOLG, NO EMRALD DREAM, NO REHASHED OLD CONTENT, NO DEMON HUNTER!
    Get the point? Give us something NEW for Groms sake!

Now I get it, the Black Soulstone will land in Azeroth!
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Can people save the meme spamming for reddit and 4chan please... This shit is across 2 threads now
    You don't come here often do you? Cause that shows up in the majority of speculation threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagfest View Post
    I gave the pandas a shot, was probably a mistake in hindsight.

But the emerald dream? a entire expansion like moonglade?
    GTFO

Definitely skipping that one.
    Yup I can see Emerald Dream expansion plummeting the subscription figures.

It's such an uninteresting place and storyline, most of which has already been explored in a novel.

An Azeroth untouched by us with a green hue, there's only so many times they can get me to kill 20 feral wolves before I get bored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You don't come here often do you? Cause that shows up in the majority of speculation threads.
    I tend to avoid most expansion speculation threads yes because it's usually a bunch of people really reaching and grasping at straws for their favourite idea to be the correct one.

Deleted
    Can I just say this sounds like confirmation of Half life 3.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-29 at 01:44 PM.