Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    On another hand that huge bat mount also had a reference to the southern islands i think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Yup I can see Emerald Dream expansion plummeting the subscription figures.

It's such an uninteresting place and storyline, most of which has already been explored in a novel.

An Azeroth untouched by us with a green hue, there's only so many times they can get me to kill 20 feral wolves before I get bored.
    Sadly I sorta agree; sadly because lore-wise I think the Emerald dream is cool. I think a decent compromise would be to include it in an expansion otherwise not about the emerald dream- like the molten front daily questing zone in Cata- in the next xpac whatever it is, you could have a daily questing hub where you go to the emerald dream and fught back the nightmare.

I'd hedge my bets on some D3 expansion related crossover mount. E.g buy special collectors D3 exp, get awesome wow mount.

Could be even more speculative and say emerald dream is next and the fey dragon Is collectors edition mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any new Blizz patents filed lately?

well besides the Kids book one...
    NO OGRES, NO MORE ELVES, NO FURBOLG, NO EMRALD DREAM, NO REHASHED OLD CONTENT, NO DEMON HUNTER!
    Get the point? Give us something NEW for Groms sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    The Stormcrow mount was the hint, it's so Blizzard to do this.
    And this is it:

"When the sky was torn from the sea, Storm Crow appeared from within the thundering clouds to grant mankind dominion over the living flame." —Legends of the Forgotten World

They are very clever, they used Diablo 3 to give us the clue.

So what does it mean that the "sky was torn from the sea"? in sense of Warcraft and the next expansion.
    And "grants mankind dominion over the living flame"?

And more importantly, what is the Forgotten World?

These quotes are all originally from Warcraft, not Diablo, but are used within Diablo 3 on that item, as you see.
    the sky being torn from the sea is azshara raising up land from the ocean

the storm crow is the form druids take so the druids will fly us to the south seas

the living flame is the burning legion and us gaining dominion over it is finding the tomb of sargeras and preventing the demons from within opening a portal.

the forgotten world is an alien planet that we go to in order to kick legion butts
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

And what is there left to do in the Emerald Dream? Not much if you ask me..
    We have Malfurion
    We have Ysera
    We already took out Fandral
    Alysrazor is dead for being a traitor already

What else is really left?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

the storm crow is the form druids take so the druids will fly us to the south seas

the living flame is the burning legion and us gaining dominion over it is finding the tomb of sargeras and preventing the demons from within opening a portal.

the forgotten world is an alien planet that we go to in order to kick legion butts
    Why would Azshara want to raise land up from under the sea?

Her and her Naga have a distinct advantage over everybody else under the sea where they live.

It'd be akin to us flooding New York

Deleted
    Obviously Azshara opens up a portal for Burning Legion. Medivh comes back in his storm crow form and aids heroes to push the Legion back. It's so obvious.

Her and her Naga have a distinct advantage over everybody else under the sea where they live.

to release an old god buried in it?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted

To the contrary; most Naga in-game seem to inhabit the shallows. Perhaps that is what they prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    To the contrary; most Naga in-game seem to inhabit the shallows. Perhaps that is what they prefer.
    That's for gameplay mechanics i'd assume or because they want to invade or destroy a place held by enemies.

Most Naga live deep under the water like in Vashj'ir or Nazjantar (sp?) with Azshara as far as i'm aware. I think she'd be far more likely to use Neptulon's staff to flood somewhere before she wants to invade (SW, Org) than raise a base of operations in the sea which we can safely land on

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... Half life 3 confirmed?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-29 at 01:44 PM.

to release an old god buried in it?
    That makes sense given that the Old Gods where imprisoned

10+ Year Old Account
    Calling it right now...

World of Warcraft: The Emerald Seas
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    At the bottom of the ocean even light must die.
    The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.

The only sea-related thing I can think of looking at your quote is about the Old Gods.
    But seriously, Storm Crow, a bird with lighting in it... It's clearly a Zapdos reference, so next is xpac is going to be about pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    And what is there left to do in the Emerald Dream? Not much if you ask me..
    We have Malfurion
    We have Ysera
    We already took out Fandral
    Alysrazor is dead for being a traitor already

What else is really left?
    N'zoth, the Nightmare, the countless druids and keepers and ancients that are in the Dream to warden it. Ysera was also somewhat afflicted by the time we saw her in WoW. She was "awakened" and several things hint that she may not have been able to go back to the Dream, or knew that when she would give up her powers she would not be able to return. Without the support of Ysera, the druids will have a much harder time pushing back the Nightmare or defeating it.

Chances are, if it would be featured in-game, we would only do a couple things there. You're right, there isn't much there, though. What we do have could be resolved quickly, but not easily. That's why it would make a good questing hub or raid, but not an entire expansion.

Also, Fandral and Alysra weren't really that tied to the Emerald Dream at all, other than one was a druid and one was a green dragon. They had little-to-no affiliation with the Nightmare or the problems in the Dream at all.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Finally, someone that makes sense, thank you

So you ment we go into a poral that we find on Tomb of Sargeras in order to stop the Burning Legion coming to us?
    Last edited by Tyrael the Impatient; 2013-07-29 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like with the other thread - memes are frowned upon here. Anyone posting "Half life 3 confirmed" or similar will be infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-29 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The next expansion title is most certainly World of Warcraft: Ia Ia Cthulhu Fhtagn.
    *belly laugh*

Gandalf was called "Gandalf Stormcrow" by Theoden, King of Rohan. Obviously, this means that the next expansion is a Lord of the Rings themed expansion, with Hobbits as the next race.

For those that don't know, in general, a stormcrow is a harbinger of the "coming storm."