Poll: Do you like underwater levels.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I really like vashjir, was an awesome zone, great music, cool quests, makes you pay attention to the world
    This ^
    I am of the minority who liked the zone from every which way. I think the music was amazing.

It had this psuedo 20k Leagues Under the Sea, meets Jacques Cousteau thing about it. I grew up around the ocean, so maybe thats why i appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Most would disagree with you. And I believe that blizzard said the feedback on the zone was not great. I would not expect it.

After seeing the zone once and never finishing the quests there I never went back on ANY alt characters.
    You also have to take into account that most people didn't visit the zone because Hyjal was more important. In order to do the dailies at 85 for Molten Front you had to complete most quests in Hyjal which was enough to take someone from 80-82 so Vash'jir really served no point. Had Vash'jir either been a 78-80 zone or coupled with another zone then we might've seen more people do it. I didn't mind the zone at all, just that it was wiser to do Hyjal so you could get 365's immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You also have to take into account that most people didn't visit the zone because Hyjal was more important. In order to do the dailies at 85 for Molten Front you had to complete most quests in Hyjal which was enough to take someone from 80-82 so Vash'jir really served no point. Had Vash'jir either been a 78-80 zone or coupled with another zone then we might've seen more people do it. I didn't mind the zone at all, just that it was wiser to do Hyjal so you could get 365's immediately.
    The FL dailies weren't in from the start and, afaik, we didn't know anything about that - at least not to the point where we would need to do it to unlock it. Besides rep gear & enchants anyway.

In games I usually detest any water zones or levels, but I really enjoyed Vashjir thought it was done well

It's the 3D environment, movement and combat that people don't like.

Make them optional, like Vashj'ir was.

Bam, everyone can do something they like.

10+ Year Old Account
    First: I loved Vashjir artistically. It was a wonderful zone, very beautiful, very cool to explore.

But, yes, I hated questing there. I hate water combat. I did it on one alt and then put the rest through the completely inferior (but more tolerable) Hyjal. Why?

Because:

• I didn't have to worry about finding something on the vertical access. Oh hey, I'm on top of the mark on my map, where the fuck is it? Oh, it's this cave a million feet above me, hiding in some fucking kelp.
    • I didn't have to worry about getting melee range of some tinyass mob, looking like I'm in range but, oops, no, it's actually 15 yards below me.
    • I didn't get sim sickness from swimming all the time.
    • I also didn't have a problem aggroing things from overhead because it looks like I'm safe but no, there is a patrol 20 feet above me.

I appreciate all the things Blizzard put in to make it more tolerable, but I still hate water combat, I hate vertical axis navigation, and I'm still going to feel like horking after 30 minutes of my character swimming everywhere. If they do more ocean stuff, it needs to be like Throne of the Tides instance where it is indoors on the sea floor, or on islands with short excursions into the sea.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

There's no depth perception, which is a royal pain in the ass for looting and combat, particularly for melee classes. Vash'jir sucked.

Water levels should be banned from MMOs... every single one is horrible.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If they do more ocean stuff, it needs to be like Throne of the Tides instance where it is indoors on the sea floor, or on islands with short excursions into the sea.
    Boats, man. Boats! It can be like the Argent Tournament, only with goblin jet-skis and harpoons!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Boats, man. Boats! It can be like the Argent Tournament, only with goblin jet-skis and harpoons!
    Oh my god. Yes! I cannot express how much I'd love something like that.

The best way to do any potential new underwater zones

-At the bottom of the sea Azeroth's gravity is so strong you can't swim up, especially with all of your armour and bags
    -At certain points there's a "water stream" or "booster pad" to push you into a certain cave or ledge you can't jump onto.
    -All times when you're high in the air is when you're riding something

Deleted
    I loved vashjir, but placing spells was mostly impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that many games gave underwater places a bad reputation, and not because they were bad..., was mostly because they were hard or/and annoying (Zelda, Mario, etc..)

The questing and the environment is nice.

But: I don't know why, but the WoW engine sucks for 3D orientation. Not only applies for Vashj'ir.
    At some points WoW managed to not have that problem (for me), I didn't that much of a problem with the Netherwing races (until the last one, like most )

Deleted
    Only good water levels are the Super Mario ones. And thats not even that great..

Would people be okay with an underwater zone if it just had one level? SO no need to swim up or down to other levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Would people be okay with an underwater zone if it just had one level? SO no need to swim up or down to other levels.
    you mean an underwater zone with no vertical axis? as in 'underwater' in name only where you do all actions on the seabed?

that would be ok gameplay-wise, but feel like a waste of a concept/

Deleted
    Only good water levels are the Super Mario ones. And thats not even that great..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Many people don't really like to fight in a full 3D environment. It's not just underwater. It's any fight where stuff can come at you from any direction other than front-side-back.
    This.

Its hard to tell distance from target. If camera isn't horizontally aligned, its often hard to tell if I'm on same level (damn you, Al'akir). WoW wasn't designed for 3d combat.